Chapter 266 – Dolls 17
1.4k 5 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Naomi and Mischa spent some time hugging each other, enjoying both times together.

For some reason, one that only Naomi knew, she acted like a spoiled child to Mischa. She somehow wanted to channel the inner childishness that she had thrown away when she took a mantle as the Moon of Akasha’s leader.

She felt like she could act as spoiled as she wanted to around Mischa when no one was looking. The stress that was on the back of her mind surfaced slowly over the past few days, but she was able to hide it well. Being with Mischa like this made that stress go away like a puff of smoke, or at least that was what Naomi felt.

They sat side by side on the couch after they were satisfied with the hugging. Their heads were put close to each other.

“Hey, Naomi. You are unusually spoiled today.” Mischa said to Naomi as she grabbed her hand, putting it on top of her thighs.

“It can’t be helped, no?” Naomi answered. She rested her head on Mischa’s shoulder. “I was exhausted. Not physically, but mentally. A lot of problems are brewing today. The mission was a success, but the damage done to our comrades is immense. So let me rest by your side and enjoy this moment for a little, Mischa. Also, I only act like this in front of you. This is the real me. Are you disappointed?”

“Un. It must be hard.” Mischa stretched her free hand on Naomi’s head, gently stroking her hair. “Also, I am not disappointed. No one is perfect, so I have wondered for some time now when you will break your mask. I am glad that you show your real side to me.”

“Is that so? You’re very perspective. I thought my acting was perfect.” Naomi giggled like a kid having so much fun. Indeed, her acting was quite perfect in the face of her subordinates. “Even my mother and father were fooled. So do you also know my reason for doing this? Why I didn’t stop going against the Esper Association even when I first only did it to cure my boredom.”

“That, I don’t know. I only know that deep inside, you are just a lonely girl. Well, not so lonely now because I am here.” Once again, Mischa teased Naomi.

Naomi was somehow relieved. She felt happy that Mischa teased her. That meant Mischa was beginning to be the normal girl that she hoped for. Free from the influence of others.

But Naomi still had a little problem.

‘Should I tell her about it?’

The first reason for her creating the Moon of Akasha was based on her boredom and dream. The organization was created from the boredom of a girl with strong power. However, Naomi got another reason after experiencing life, attacking the Esper Association’s base, and finding something.

It wasn’t something that she could ignore. She felt elated because her dream would come true. But as she grew up, she felt that she should do something.

Altruistic, maybe. Hypocrite? Yes. She had only known a bit of the truth but felt like she should do something. Her subordinates seemed to know a lot of things, and they thought she already knew about them.

As she put on an act of a leader, she couldn’t bring herself to ask her subordinates who trusted her. So she did only what she needed to do and left most of the preparation for war to her subordinates.

“I am not the person that they think I am,” Naomi told Mischa. “I am not that smart. Maybe I am smarter than most people due to my brain being developed differently as a strong Esper. But… I don’t know everything. I only wanted to have a little revenge against the Esper Association for controlling the thoughts of my loved one.”

A truth that no one knew came out of Naomi’s mouth. Another reason that she had for confronting the Esper Association. An act of silly revenge that brew up from a teenager’s hate.

Mischa listened quietly, but Naomi wasn’t done yet.

“My parents thought I forgot the incident when I was a child. But no. That was the trigger. I remembered it all. I have always wanted to become a Hero since I was a child. When I was kidnapped, no one could even save poor little me at that time, so I saved myself. I became my own Hero. So I hide my strength and grow up powerless.”

Laughing bitterly, Naomi straightened her body. Mischa’s head fell from her head. In this world, being powerless was fine. Her dream was to become a Hero. A Hero who saved the world from evil.

“I can’t do that. I realize that I can’t become a Hero. So I created an imaginary enemy. The target was clear. It is the biggest organization in this world, the Esper Association. But who would’ve thought that they really conducted human experiments? I found out about that when I destroyed Avos School for the first time. Come to think of it, that was when we met the second time and had a fight, right?”

“Yes. I was ordered to catch or kill Mugetsu at that time. But it was useless. You easily beat me even though I sealed your Telekinesis. Who would’ve thought that you also have two Abilities?”

“Well, no one would’ve thought about that. Anyway, thanks for listening to my story. I guess I need to end it here. There are still a lot of things to do. I also need to watch this.”

Naomi took out the memory disk she got from Selena and showed it to Mischa. “Do you have a spare holo phone that you have never used before by any chance?”

“A new holo phone? I think I have it. Wait a minute.”

Mischa stood up and made her way to the second floor, skipping happily. Naomi thought she was cute and smiled while looking at Mischa, who disappeared to the second floor.

After a while, the cute girl returned while holding a brand new holo phone in her hand and sat beside Naomi.

“I got this a while back from Mrs. Mizuki. She said to use it to contact her or others if I needed something, but in the end, I never used it. It is brand new, so there is no information recorded inside the phone.”

“Great! This is perfect.” Naomi took the phone from Mischa's hand and connected the memory disk to it. The phone booted normally, and she operated it to see the content inside the memory disk.

Mischa was curious, so she leaned over to see the content too. Although Selena told Naomi to show the content inside the memory disk to no one, she felt like it would be okay if Mischa saw it. She trusted her.

After searching for it, Naomi found the content. It was a video and a document file. The video was only 20 minutes long; maybe Hanz only infiltrated that long because of the strict security. However, it was still a long video nonetheless, so Naomi opened the document first.

When she did so, her eyes opened wide, and Mischa gasped in surprise.

“This… How can this be?”

The happy atmosphere in the room was instantly gone. Naomi felt rage. This is the second time she felt this kind of rage after Mischa’s incident. Fortunately, she was able to control her power better this time, another side-effect of the transformation from Angella’s ability that she found surprising and welcome.

“They have gone too far.” Naomi gritted her teeth in anger.

Author Here~

More than 20 Advanced chapters (For this series)  available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

47