Chapter 267 – Dolls 18
888 4 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Naomi stormed into the underground base as soon as she finished watching the video. Her mood wasn’t as good as before. This time, she was also accompanied by Mischa, who was also angry.

The people in the base who saw them averted their eyes in fear. Each time Naomi frowned, then destruction followed suit. They could only guess what made them so angry and hoped that the world wouldn’t be destroyed.

Why? Because this time, there was another SSS-Ranked Esper that got angry beside Naomi. The world being destroyed wasn’t too far-fetched if she really wanted to do it.

However, Naomi didn’t even register their fear. She was in the base because she wanted to get someone.

Naomi was just having fun earlier, but she felt she couldn’t let this one pass rather easily. The mood was destroyed thanks to the document. She had already given up on being a Hero, but something that was written on the document was far from inhumane. It was just wrong.

She stopped in front of a room located at the farthest end of the corridor and opened it with her Master Key without knocking. This room was a surveillance room where Melaine and Angella were monitored. They stayed in this room because the others in the organization didn’t trust them yet.

Naomi knew for sure. Melaine wasn’t a spy. Melaine’s reaction when they met Avos was genuine. She didn’t know about Angella, but from what she saw and found out about the meeting without her, he might have betrayed the Esper Association for a girl she loved.

To tell you the truth, there was no need for Melaine to stay inside the surveillance room. She was the one who chose to stay with Angella because she also wanted to show that her friend was also trustworthy.

Anyway, if there was someone who could attest to the truth of the documents, it would be them. They were the former Executives of the Esper Association, after all. Angella just recently betrayed them, so his information about the Esper Association must be vast. And due to his position, he might know some secrets that the Esper Association hid.

However, from what Naomi had observed, the former executive wouldn’t tell her anything unless he gained something. So Naomi was prepared to exchange some deal with the guy to find out the truth.

“Melaine, I am entering.” Naomi said as she stepped into the room.

The room was simple. There were two beds for Melaine and Angella, and there was a TV and bookshelf filled with books inside so they wouldn’t get bored.

When Naomi entered, Melaine and Angella turned around.

“Lady Naomi? Good afternoon. Is there anything I could help you with? You even brought Mischa with you.” Melaine asked as she turned to see Mischa who stood beside Naomi. Her tone had a hint of sadness. Maybe she felt sad because almost everyone suspected her.

“Yeah, I need to ask about something,” Naomi replied as she approached Melaine, who was watching TV from her bed.

Angella stayed silent and observed them. Naomi noticed his gaze, so she turned to him and said.

“I need to ask you something too. If you answer honestly, I will get you out of this room.”

Naomi was ready to hear Angella’s demand.

But unexpectedly, he only smiled and answered, “That’s some offer you get for me. Alright, I will answer as best as I can.”

He stood up from his bed and picked up three chairs at the corner of the room before arranging them for Naomi and Mischa to sit on.

“Please sit on the chair. Because I think this talk will become a bit long.”

“Yeah.” Naomi answered shortly. Mainly, she was still angry and didn’t want to talk much.

Melaine noticed the bad mood and acted more seriously than usual. She didn’t try to joke around to lighten the mood because she knew it would be useless.

Naomi sat with Mischa beside her while Angella sat beside Melaine’s bed. As soon as she sat, she spent no time chit chatting and opened the holo phone with the memory disk connected to it.

While the document was surprising and made her mad, the real trigger of her coming here was the video. She calmed herself for a little, so she wouldn’t lose control of her ability, but still, if she didn’t get an answer from Melaine or Angella, she would storm into the US and see the truth by herself.

The video was already opened, and Naomi just needed to press play so Melaine and Angella could watch it.

“For now, watch this video. Then, tell me everything that you know about it.” She gave the holo phone to Melaine and Angella.

The document was already deleted from the phone. As Selena said, no one should see the document besides her and Mischa. It contained sensitive information that could maybe sow distrust inside the Moon of Akasha.

Melaine took the holo phone from Naomi and watched the video with Angella. A gunshot started the video. It was taken from Hanz’s body camera, so the image moved fast and was a bit blurred.

Naomi and Mischa had no problem watching it because they enhanced their peripherals with Adjustment, but Melaine and Angella needed a bit of effort to make sure what happened inside the video.

The background was inside a building. A black wall with a few lighting sources. From the location, both Melaine and Angella concluded that it was taken underground as some locations in the Esper Association’s building were similar to the background of the video.

Hanz was running quietly, trying his best not to make a sound as he proceeded deeper into the corridor. Then, he reached the end of the corridor and entered the door using his ability to walk in the shadow. The video showed black for an instant before being replaced by a large room.

When the room was shown on the video, Melaine and Angella gasped. As expected, they knew something.

[What is this?]

Hanz, who didn’t even say anything earlier, muttered in surprise. It wasn’t that surprising, as he saw something rather disturbing.

He stood on the second floor, and there were tens, even hundreds of glass tubes on the second floor filled with a blue liquid. The liquid was clear, and something floating in the middle of it could be seen clearly, even from the body camera.

“This is…” Melaine muttered.

“So they really do this. I only heard of it but never saw it. Damn!” Angella hit the rail of Melaine’s bed while gritting his teeth.

Well, that was a natural reaction if Naomi said so herself. After all…

[What did they do to these children!] Hanz almost lost his cool and shouted.

Varieties of children were floating inside the glass tube, being fed on something that made their appearance similar to each other.

Author Here~

Big thanks for the new Squad Leader!
- tsuoragaming

More than 20 Advanced chapters (For this series)  available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

47