Chapter 270 – Same but Different Dream 2
1.2k 6 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Why are we meeting at this place instead of the usual room?” Naomi asked Melaine curiously as she looked around where they were.

On her left side was a busy street in Berlin, while on her right were tables and chairs filled with couples and friends talking together while drinking coffee and tea and a place where they could order drinks. The sky had turned orange, and the street lights were already on.

Naomi sipped the coffee she ordered, crossing her legs while enjoying the aroma.

“Because Melaine said this is a confidential matter?” The one who answered Naomi was a white-haired girl in casual clothes. She was Mischa, Naomi’s beloved one. “That’s why you changed into casual clothes, right? That suits you. You look so beautiful, Naomi.”

“Is that so? I just grabbed a white dress and a black skirt like usual. You also look cute with that blue turtleneck dress, Mischa.”

“W-Well. At least I want to show you that I can dress this much. Also… thank you.” Mischa’s voice was a bit meek as she glanced down shyly.

Naomi stared at Mischa with a smile. Her shy expression healed Naomi’s heart and calmed her down before hearing the serious situation that Melained had reported earlier.

Fortunately, they were at a café, so it was not strange when two girls sat beside each other and did something that could cause a misunderstanding.

‘Well, I love spending time with her and shutting my brain power off. Being an idiot in love is sometimes nice. As expected, being too smart is a curse. I now understand why most people love spending time outside with the people they like.’

Naomi sipped her coffee again as she glanced at Mischa, whose face flushed a little red. The girl tried to calm herself by drinking the tea, and it worked.

They continued to chat while waiting for someone who made them walk to the café a bit away from the base to avoid getting found out by the others.

Because Naomi’s attention was really focused on Mischa, she failed to notice that someone they had been waiting for was already near the café, hiding behind a tree with another person.

“Hey hey, Mizuki. Did they do it?” That someone, Melaine, asked the person behind her with an excited voice.

“My~ It looks like so. From their personality, I guess Mischa was the one who told Naomi first. After all, my daughter is stubborn and won’t do anything unless she finishes one thing at a time. I heard her saying she would confess after the war, but it seems that’s not necessary anymore.”

“There is that. What should we do? I really don’t want to bother them at the moment. This matter we can do it ourselves, but we will need Lady Naomi’s power in the main war in a week. I want to give them time together if it’s possible.”

Mizuki stayed silent for a while before deciding, “Let’s just tell her. She will investigate it herself if we suddenly say that nothing is wrong after making such a commotion. I also don’t want to take my daughter’s good time, but as I said earlier, she’s a stubborn kid.” She shrugged her shoulders, but a smile was on her face, a sign that she loved her daughter.

“Then, let’s approach them.”

Melaine stepped out from the shadow and walked toward Naomi while raising her hand. Mizuki followed from behind after letting out a low sigh.

“Lady Naomi! I am sorry for waiting!” She raised her voice and greeted Naomi energetically.

Hearing Melaine’s voice, Naomi turned around, and her expression became serious. “You’re here.” Then, she noticed Mizuki behind Melaine and continued. “Mother too. What actually happened?” Her tone was clearly annoyed.

“There is something bad that happened in the base.” Melaine answered as she sat across Naomi. Mizuki took a seat beside Melaine as it was the only empty seat around their table. “Ah, let’s order something first.” She continued and called the waitress.

The waitress approached them and took their order before returning behind the cashier, making Melaine and Mizuki’s order.

The atmosphere around the table was calm rather than serious, even if the topic they were trying to talk about was heavier. It was thanks to Naomi, who had been able to control her emotion better, and the presence of Mischa, which made her calm.

After their new order had arrived, Naomi decided to ask Melaine first.

“So?” It was just one word, but everyone knew what she wanted to say.

“I made a big mistake.” Melaine started explaining. “I was with Mizuki this afternoon, right after lunch, organizing new information and holding a meeting with the others to talk about the attack from the Esper Association that will be launched in a week. Of course, Angella was also with me because he has some information about the Esper Association’s power.”

“I am aware of that. Tell me something new.”

Melaine nodded her head, “We have received information about the one named Abel that you sought from Chi. Surprisingly, Abel is a codename instead of a real name. This person worked as an agent, sharing information all across the world. No one really knows his identity. Being a former information collector, Chi had heard about Abel a few times in her work.”

“An unknown information dealer, huh? But that’s not all, right? There is no way that information caused such a commotion.”

“Indeed. After the meeting, Angella and I went to the prison to interrogate Andrew about that matter.” Melaine glanced at Mizuki, to which she replied with a nod.

“I have heard about it from Melaine, Naomi. Don’t blame her. Melaine is just worried.” Mizuki said.

“I see. It’s not like I don’t want to tell you, but because of the possibility of a spy, I decided to only tell a few people about it.” Naomi felt a little bad for keeping a secret from her mother, but it couldn’t be helped. It was a piece of dangerous information, after all.

“Then that’s a relief. You can continue, Melaine.” Mizuki urged.

“Alright. Then this is what made the base fall into a commotion.” Melaine continued as she put on a serious face. “When I reached the prison with Angella, we found Andrew sprawling on the ground. We thought that he was sleeping, but then we noticed blood around his body on the floor. At that moment, I quickly stormed in to check his condition and found out that Andrew had died.”

“Died? How? Did he bite his lip?” Naomi was surprised. How could someone like Andrew die? According to Melaine and Chi, who interrogated him, he was a rather stubborn individual.

“No.” Melaine shook her head. “He was shot with a pistol. There was a hole on his forehead, piercing through his skull.”

Hearing that, Naomi quickly connected the dot and muttered, “The spy. They got rid of him.”

Author Here~

More than 20 Advanced chapters (For this series)  available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

45