Chapter 272 – Same but Different Dream 4
1k 4 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While the girls were busy dating and dealing with the spy, the men in the organization were also busy.

Rekka was the busiest because of his reputation among the members of the Moon of Akasha. He was famous as Naomi’s right hand. Even though he denied it, no one believed him. Why? Because Naomi seemed to trust him the most, and he always stuck close to her whenever she was on the base.

Because the war was already close, he needed to take care of the army distribution. He would be the one who went to the front line to order the troops and fought directly with the enemies, so he was chosen as the representative of the Moon of Akasha to meet the General of the German Military.

He was accompanied by Anna and Julia, who acted as his secretary. Anna fidgeted out of nervousness, but she was essential in this meeting between Rekka and the General. Hence Rekka took her with him.

They were inside the briefing room filled with officers in the Military. Rekka and General stood in front of them, facing the crowd, as they both introduced themselves.

“It’s nice to meet you, General. My name is Homuhara Rekka.”

“Hahaha, it’s nice to meet you too. I am Nicholas Emmerich. Now then, without further ado, shall we talk about our troop's distribution?”

“Sure, General.”

***

Hyun-Woo, the other man that Naomi trusted, was in charge of the defense of their base.

Standing in the courtyard of their base with a team of 3 people with Barrier ability, he ordered them to erect a barrier in the place where it needed an extra defense.

“Yeah, put it around the entrance of our defense base and the Akasa Inc.'s building. Just erect a weak barrier. We will strengthen it when the enemy's attack has reached us!”

“Yes!”

The three men dressed in a black uniforms answered at the same time and began to work. Those were the Moon of Akasha’s new uniform to differentiate their soldiers from the German Military.

Of course, all of them had been checked whether they were a spy or not, but that didn’t mean Hyun-Woo could trust them. That was why he double-layered every barrier that those three men erected.

His burden was a bit lifted because he could dispel the barrier around the flying island, so he looked like he was in better condition. Even his face looked younger than before, fitting his age.

“Let’s do this. If I don’t do it correctly, I am afraid that I will get another ticket to skydive. Just thinking about it sends a shiver down my spine.” He said in a low voice as he hugged himself.

As he did that, a voice that he was familiar with called out from behind.

“Are you alright, brother?”

He turned around, and a smile bloomed on his face.

“Dan-Bi. I am okay. Don’t worry about me.”

“Is that so? Well, I will help you with the defense this time. I can now control my ability just fine!” Dan-Bi exclaimed as she fist pumped in front of her chest.

Seeing his energetic sister, Hyun-Woo couldn’t help but think, ‘I really am fortunate. If I didn’t follow Princess at that time, I wonder if I could see her this energetic.’

“Yeah! I am counting on you, Dan-Bi!” Hyun-Woo replied as he patted his sister’s head.

“Hehehe, yes.”

***

Back in the Amusement Park, Naomi found a spot where they could see the festival without being bothered by other people.

It was located near the midpoint of the street. She had found a building lit by neon light, near a bridge. The building was only a story building, not too high, and it was close to the main road where the parade would pass.

They got a lot of attention from the other people, but some of them recognized Naomi and Mischa, so no one bothered them. However, the atmosphere was different from when Naomi was in Japan. Those people greeted them excitedly and even offered the front row to watch the parade easier.

Naomi refused by saying that the roof was good enough and they should enjoy the festival themselves, and they ignored the two since then.

“This is rather embarrassing…” Mischa said in a low voice as she hid her face with her hands. “A lot of people recognized us because of that press conference. I am used to people gazing at me, but I can’t get used to being in the spotlight like this. Especially when I am on a date with my lover.” She muttered the last part in a lower voice than before.

Naomi smiled when she heard Mischa’s words.

‘Lover, huh?’

That word somehow felt special and warmed Naomi’s heart. The heart that almost stopped beating because of boredom now felt the warmth of life.

“Get used to it, Mischa. We will be recognized by everyone all around the world. Rather, do you want me to announce to the others that we are now lovers? I guess that Melaine and my Mother already realized it. They are that sharp.” Naomi replied with a chuckle, teasing her lover.

“Don’t say that, Naomi! Do you want to kill me with embarrassment? Even standing in that press conference was nerve-wracking!”

“Hahaha, I am sorry. Anyway, it seems like the parade has started.”

Naomi looked at the main street past Mischa’s face. A loud and cheerful sound accompanied the parade. Indeed, it was loud, but somehow Naomi didn’t dislike the atmosphere. People cheered, waiting for the parade to pass the street in front of them.

Mischa turned around, being guided by Naomi. Then, her mouth opened wide. Excitement and amazement took over her expression.

“It’s… beautiful.”

“Yes, it is.”

A big carriage decorated with gold leaves and yellow light led the whole parade of dolls and mascots. A cute big bear was standing on top of the carriage, waving its hand toward the spectators. But, of course, it was just a mascot of this Amusement Park, not an actual bear.

The parade walked slowly, and before long, it reached Naomi and Mischa. The bear seemed to notice them as some people were pointing at them from below. It turned its head toward Naomi and Mischa and gave a big wave with its hands.

Mischa waved back with a smile, seemingly happy. However, Naomi wasn’t looking at the parade. Instead, she watched Mischa’s beautiful face that was shone by yellow light from the carriage. Her smile looked beautiful, and Naomi somehow felt her face getting hotter.

“Ah…” A small voice escaped her lips as a thought flashed in her mind.

‘If possible, I just want to take Mischa and hide away from the war.’

But, she couldn't do that due to her personality and dream. It made her get heartache, but she didn’t regret her decision. Because thanks to her decision 2 years ago, she managed to meet with Mischa.

‘I hope the war will be over immediately. After that, I want to spend more time with Mischa, away from problems.’

“What’s wrong, Naomi?” Mischa asked, noticing the sound that escaped Naomi’s lips.

Because she didn’t want to worry Mischa, Naomi only smiled. “Nothing, I just appreciate your beautiful face.”

“W-Wha? Again… That’s unfair.”

Mischa still couldn’t handle Naomi’s teasing and got embarrassed.

Their date that night went smoothly without any problem. It was only when Naomi was about to go to bed that she got a message from Melaine.

The message was short, with one word only. It read, ‘Moon’ without any context, confusing Naomi.

‘What the heck is wrong with the Moon?’

Author Here~

More than 20 Advanced chapters (For this series)  available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

38