Chapter 281 – Same but Different Dream 13
670 2 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I won’t allow that, Naomi!”

Mischa chased Naomi to the outside of the base, shouting at her to try to change her mind.

But Naomi was headstrong. She only focused on one goal at a time, and this time it was to go to the moon and save her mother and Melaine.

“Don’t try to stop me, Mischa! Don’t worry. I will be fine.” Naomi stopped on her track, turned over to her lover, and gave her a word of reassurance.

“Don’t put that face in front of me! I told you that I can recognize your fake smile!” Mischa shouted angrily.

Due to their location in front of the main building of Akasa Inc., a lot of employees were looking at them. However, they quickly looked away when they realized that Mischa and Naomi were the ones arguing with each other.

They pretended they didn’t see them and continued their tasks while trying their best to look away from the lovers.

“Please, Naomi. Did you forget what you said to me? That you would count on me when you are in a problem? Was your promise to me just a sugarcoat lie?”

“No,” Naomi replied as her smile fell from her face.

“Then why did you say you would go alone?!”

“I…”

Naomi couldn’t retort anything because what Mischa said pierced through her heart, making it ache. In one part, she felt guilty for saying she would go alone. That would look like she didn’t even depend on Mischa and only told her that she believed her to sugarcoat her intention.

In another, she was worried that Mischa would be hurt if she took her along. After she spent more time with Mischa, the more she treasured her and didn’t want her to get hurt. It seemed like the platinum-haired girl also noticed that as she smiled warmly, tears formed at the corner of her eyes.

“I know that you’re worried about me. It’s strange, isn’t it? I promised you not to cry anymore, but I can’t hold it when I know you’re going to a dangerous place alone because you don’t want me to get hurt.”

“Mischa… Yeah, that’s true. I don’t want you to get hurt. If it’s somewhere on Earth, then I will bring you along. But this time is different, Mischa. I don't even know whether I will be able to go to the Moon safely without any safety equipment. So please wait for me here, okay?”

Naomi extended her hand and wiped Mischa’s tears.

Yes, she wasn’t confident about going to space. She didn’t know whether her body could be adjusted to the space environment, and it was dangerous for her.

‘I could even die if I am not careful. I can’t take Mischa to such an unpredictable location like space.’

“But… That’s dangerous for you; you said so. W-Why don’t we gather more information again? Who knows if Lady Mizuki isn’t on the moon? It could be somewhere on Earth with a moon name on it.”

‘Hmm? Wait… that might be true.’

Because Naomi was consumed by anger earlier, she couldn’t really think straight. That was why the first thing that she thought of was the real moon.

With the information from Angella and Millie about someone on the moon, the probability of her mother being on the moon was increased too.

However, when one used rational thought, bringing two people to the moon wasn’t as easy as it sounded. Maybe Avos could do it with his ability to control space, but that must cost him a lot. It might be possible to move between the moon and Earth rather easily if he was alone. But bringing other people? That was hard.

‘That… I really am rushing things too much, don’t I?’

Her mind began to work normally when she calmed down considerably after seeing Mischa cry. She then realized that she hadn’t thought things through. Then she panicked.

‘I even made her cry. W-What should I do?’

So she began to make excuses.

“But Angella and Millie said there was someone on the moon too. Even if my mother isn’t there, surely that someone on the moon is a bit interesting.” She looked at Mischa straight, not even wavering like before.

No one would ever think that she actually panicked inside. Naomi was way too calm for people to notice.

“Even more so! What if the person on the moon is hostile toward you?! You will be in even more danger!” Mischa retorted. She had stopped crying and was now angry. “Think about your safety too, Naomi!”

“I will manage.”

“But what if that person has an ability similar to mine?”

“I will be able to beat that person with my Adjustment only.”

“You don’t understand!” Mischa raised her voice as loud as she could. Naomi flinched at that. She never thought that Mischa would yell like that.

“You don’t understand what I am getting at!” She continued, holding Naomi’s suit as she leaned her head on her chest. “I said that I am worried about you too! I also don’t want you to get hurt! Why can’t you understand that?! I want to be with you!”

‘Bad, this is bad… I messed up!’ Naomi thought as she looked down at Mischa. ‘W-What should I do? Should I just say that I was wrong and apologize? That’s the best way. Umu, let’s do that.’

“M-Mischa…” She raised her hands, pushing Mischa’s shoulder away.

Her lover looked up at her, “What?”

This was the first time Naomi got nervous. Even when in the press conference, she was never this nervous.

‘Is this what my father felt when he was dealing with my mother? I now kind of understand why he never won against her.’

Gulping a little, Naomi then opened her mouth. “Actual–“

Ring ring!

But before she could even say one word, her holo phone rang. The pair stopped, then Mischa wiped her tears and said, “You should answer that.”

Naomi nodded. She took out her holo phone and looked at the screen, “Father?” She muttered, reading the name of the caller.

Without minding much, she answered the call, and Tetsuma’s voice rang from the speaker.

[We have managed to locate Mizuki, Naomi. Get over here. We will rescue her in 10 minutes.]

It was a brief call, and Tetsuma immediately closed it. Naomi was bewildered and couldn’t understand what had actually happened.

“Naomi? What did your father say?” Mischa asked. Her voice was soft, and there was a playful smile on her face. She definitely heard what Tetsuma said by enhancing her hearing.

Facing the playful Mischa, Naomi couldn’t help but flush red in embarrassment. She covered her mouth with her hand and turned around.

“Shut up. Let’s get going.”

She played it cool to hide it, but her lover didn’t want to back down.

“Hey! Naomi, the strongest and worst Esper in the world, can get embarrassed too? Hey, answer me, Naomi. Hey!”

“Aaaah! Alright, you won! I am wrong! I am sorry, alright?”

“Fufufu, alright.”

The pair walked side by side toward the parking lot. Naomi’s face was red all the way, and she had forgotten her anger.

Author Here~

More than 20 Advanced chapters (For this series)  available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

34