Chapter 282 – Same but Different Dream 14
735 3 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You’ve arrived.”

“I am here.”

Tetsuma greeted Naomi as soon as she descended from the sky with Mischa.

At first, she was thinking of going to the Military base by using the car like before. But she crossed that thought because flying was much faster, and the situation was an emergency right now.

“So, we know where the kidnapper keep mother?” Naomi asked as she gazed at Tetsuma, clearly impatient.

“First of all, let’s enter. The one who finds Mizuki is Eveline. Let’s talk to her for now.”

Naomi nodded and followed Tetsuma to the building. Mischa walked silently beside her as usual.

While walking, Naomi was curious about how Eveline could find her mother, so she asked her father.

“How could a secretary like Eveline find mother? Does she have the ability to find people or something like a clairvoyant?”

Even when she asked Topaz and Millie, she could only find something about the Lady of the moon, or so they called.

The only possibility of finding Mizuki was using an Esper’s ability or doing an extensive search.

It was for those two options that Naomi called Topaz and Millie, even if she felt bad for involving them.

Millie could find a person by their brainwave, while Topaz had the ability to do an extensive search as her information network spread all over the world.

The former could only identify a brainwave at a short range, but Naomi already planned to fly around the world with her in tow if she needed to do it to find her mother.

However, a surprise came from her father first, saying that he had found Mizuki’s location.

“It’s something like that. Eveline’s ability is a top secret in the military, so I can’t talk about it here. You will be explained later.” Tetsuma answered as they went upstairs to the third floor.

“Top secret, is it? I only saw her as a C-Rank Esper. But is her ability that impressive?”

When she first met the secretary, she didn’t think of her too much. She only saw her as a C-Rank Esper who worked as the secretary of the General, as well as his daughter.

Eveline’s situation and goal were similar to a story that she had read in the past. But the twist here was that she had an ability that was kept a secret by the military.

‘So her position as the General’s secretary wasn’t really a ruse. She has the ability to back up her position. Also, keeping a secret under the most obvious place is really a great idea.’ So thought Naomi as she walked down the hallway, stopping in front of the General’s room.

“You will find out shortly,” Tetsuma said, then he knocked on the door three times. “General, it is Tetsuma.”

“Enter.” The General, Nicolas, answered from inside, and Tetsuma opened the door.

Inside, Nicolas sat behind his desk with Eveline standing beside him. They looked like professionals, and the atmosphere inside was tense and heavy.

“Please sit on the couch.” The General said, pointing at the couch.

As if it was a natural thing to do, Naomi sat on the couch on the right with Mischa while Tetsuma sat opposite her.

After they were seated, Nicolas looked at Naomi with a small smile.

“First of all, thank you very much for holding your anger. The Military panicked when we suddenly felt a spike in your Esper pressure from the direction of Akasa Inc.'s building. We thought that another calamity would befall the world, hahaha.”

For some reason, Nicolas laughed loudly. Even Eveline looked at him with a hopeless gaze.

‘He’s so different from when he was in that meeting.’ Naomi thought.

Anyway, she felt rather responsible for causing panic, so she apologized. “Not at all. It was me who should apologize for causing a panic. My apologies.”

“Well then, let’s settle it like that,” Nicolas said, then suddenly his expression turned serious. “This time, I helped because the current situation is that dangerous. Mizuki is my friend’s wife as well as the leading weapon researcher for Germany. So the matter of her being kidnapped is also related to our Military.”

Eveline nodded to the side.

Naomi also nodded. She knew her mother’s position well. Her mother had a big influence on the world as an ordinary person. Connections, intelligence, she had almost everything.

‘Is that why the Esper Association targeted my mother instead of me or something? They didn’t do it to threaten me or anything but to chip away our power.’ Or so Naomi guessed.

“So we used my daughter’s ability to find Mizuki.” Nicolas’ explanation ended, but Naomi didn’t hear most of it.

But it seemed like her father already knew about the explanation, so she could ask for the details later. The most important thing was…

“So, where is my mother? I am sorry for being impatient, but… She’s with someone that’s currently needed for our plan. Without this someone, defeating the Esper Association might be impossible.”

Right. Not only Mizuki but Melaine were also kidnapped. Without her, dealing with the Dolls whose appearance was similar to Bel's would be rather impossible. Melaine might only be the only person who could move in the stopped time.

“I am aware of that, but we can’t find that person because Eveline has yet to meet the requirement to track that person,” Nicolas explained as he shook his head with a bitter face. “But if they are kept together in the same location, then we might be able to save her at the same time. Eveline, if you please.”

“Yes, General.”

Eveline stepped forward to the front of the table.

“First of all, let me explain how my ability works.” She started explaining as she opened her holo phone, projecting an image above the table. “I am able to track someone by recognizing their face, gender, name, and blood type. It’s just a vague feeling, but I am able to feel their general location if I concentrate.”

Hearing that ability reminded Naomi of something. ‘That’s similar to Esper’s sense, but a bit more advanced, I think? It also works on a normal person, so that is a really convenient tracking ability.’

“I believe you think that my ability is similar to Esper’s sense to feel the other Esper’s pressure, right? It’s not wrong.” Eveline looked at Naomi with a smile. “Because the situation is dire, I will stop explaining there, and let’s get into the case.”

She changed the hologram projection to show a map of an island. A name was written on the map, and Naomi read it with a narrowed gaze.

“Isle of Man?”

“Yes, Isle of Man. It is an island between England and Ireland. And Akasa Mizuki is being held on that island with Her Majesty Elizabeth, the Queen of England.”

Eveline’s revelation made Naomi open her eyes wide. Even Mischa was surprised.

“You can track the Queen of England too?” That was what surprised Naomi.

“Indeed.” Eveline nodded. “This is all already planned. All of this is already planned. That’s why we didn't panic, only at that time when your Esper’s pressure got out of control for a second.” The secretary girl smiled wryly.

That wasn’t part of the plan, she added.

“I am not aware of this.” Naomi was displeased. How could they leave her out of the plan? But she then realized why her father didn’t storm out of the Military base when she informed him that Mizuki was kidnapped.

“Of course.” Nicolas was the one who answered Naomi’s question. “Mizuki purposely left you out because you are the core of the plan. Rather, you left the meeting that night without hearing our plan. We thought you already knew about it.” He shrugged his shoulders.

“W-Well, anyway. The reason why we did this was because of Her Majesty Elizabeth’s request.” Tetsuma said quickly as she felt Naomi’s piercing gaze.

“So?” Naomi replied shortly.

“So we will move now. Avos is certainly on the Isle of Man if what Her Majesty said was true. We use this moment to attack them instead of waiting for their attack. It’s time for war.” Nicolas declared seriously.

Author Here~

More than 20 Advanced chapters (For this series)  available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

30