Chapter 286 – Same but Different Dream 18
755 3 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I made a mistake last time, uploading this chapter and not the previous one.

But I have fixed it already. For those who think this is strange, I suggest to read the previous chapter again before this one.

***

Tetsuma and Mischa landed on the coast at the same time the meteor hit the other side of the island. They felt the earthquake and covered their faces to protect them from the hot shockwave that followed shortly after.

“That daughter of mine. She really brought a meteor down to the Earth again.” Tetsuma said with a faint smile on his face. “But thanks to her, all the guards around here are scattered. Let’s use this chance to infiltrate further, Mischa.”

“Yes, Mr. Tatsuma,” Mischa answered.

The coast where they landed was surrounded by a cliff. The cliff was a bit steep, but it wasn’t impossible to climb.

They landed near the place called Coastal path, near Castletown, where the Queen’s Esper’s pressure could be felt.

“Follow me closely. Try to hold your breath for 3 minutes. You can do that?”

“I will try.” Mischa said, adjusting her body. She made it stronger and more durable so she could converse her energy and would be fine even if she held her breath for 5 minutes. “I am ready.”

“Good.” Tetsuma nodded. He began to walk toward the cliff near them and put his hand on it, transforming the cliff slowly to make a hole in it. He must be careful so he wouldn’t accidentally cause a landslide.

Transforming the cliff to make a hole was hard. He must move the rocky dirt aside and harden the surface so the dirt above them wouldn’t collapse.

Yes, it was supposed to be hard. But Tetsuma had precise control over his ability, even more than Naomi. The work that was supposed to take a few minutes was done in a few seconds.

A hole as big as two men was created in front of him, and he glanced back at Mischa behind him.

“Let’s go.” He entered the hole and kept digging, creating a small tunnel.

Mischa nodded and followed Tetsuma close from behind. As soon as she entered, she took a deep breath. There would be no oxygen inside the tunnel. Even more so after she entered, Tetsuma closed the hole behind them to camouflage the tunnel.

Both of them went further to their destination, a mansion located in Castletown.

As they made their way, Mischa felt Naomi’s Esper’s pressure increase once again and glanced upward for a second, ‘Don’t push yourself, Naomi.’

***

“Now then…” Turning her microphone off, Naomi slowly floated toward Castletown.

She could see the guards gathered in a few areas, surveying. Some of them went to the impact site to see what had happened, and a few of them looked around the area to guard a certain mansion that stood strong even after the impact.

None of them looked at the sky. A flying Esper was uncommon. And the guards were confident that they would be able to take anything coming from them.

As such… “I am a distraction. It will be a problem if they don’t notice me.” Naomi muttered.

She flared her Esper’s pressure, no longer trying to hide it. It was her normal Esper’s pressure, but still, it was even stronger than normal SSS-Rank Esper and could be felt by every Espers in England.

“While I am on a rescue mission right now, I somehow can’t help but get excited. The danger that comes with this mission is thrilling! Mischa, I am counting on you to rescue my mother. Because it seems like I won’t be able to hold back when I am this excited.”

A dream of battling a strong opponent. A dream to become a Hero.

That was what shaped Naomi.

Her power was too massive for a normal person to compete with. But her dream was too childish for a strong and smart person to comprehend.

But, unexpectedly, the world had another plan for her. The fun that she tried to get by attacking the Esper Association turned out to be a huge coincidence that led her to this state.

Her effort to spend time to ease her boredom led to something massive, such as discovering the Esper Association’s darkness and Avos’ plan.

“Now then.” She spread her arms as she watched a single man exit the mansion. She stopped in the sky near the mansion and slowly made her way to the ground. When she reached the ground, she stood right across the man in a field filled with grass in front of the mansion.

“I guess it’s nice to meet you again, no?” Naomi said, smiling faintly. “It’s quite an honor to be received directly by a foreign entity, an alien to speak. Say, Avos. What does your world look like? And what’s your dream? I heard you wanted to become a King, but is that true?”

“Hahaha, surely you jest.” Avos laughed.

The atmosphere between the two leaders was not as tense as one would imagine it would be. Rather, it was as calm as a spring picnic.

“I am surely no King and have no intention to become one. I just… wanted to save my world, you see? I wanted to become a Hero. So, I hope you can stop dreaming of becoming a Hero, Akasa Naomi.”

“I have stopped dreaming about that since a long time ago,” Naomi answered.

Indeed, being a Hero was indeed her dream. She even dreamed about it in her sleep. That was until a few days ago.

“Being a Hero for the world is impossible for me. I am already a villain. I killed millions in my rampage. But being a Hero for my beloved isn’t that bad. She wanted this war to end, you know? So I will end it even if that means I go to war alone.” Naomi answered, thinking about the one that she loved.

“I see.” Avos nodded. “As expected, our dream is similar but different. You still want to become a Hero, but your goal has changed. As for me, I want to become the Hero of the world, to save my world. That’s why I can’t get along with you. Two Heroes from different worlds can’t stand in the same place. One of them must be a villain, an invader.”

“As I said earlier.” Naomi took a step forward. With each step, the ground around them shook, and the dirt and grass lifted up to the sky due to the influence of Naomi’s ability. “I am a villain through and through.”

***

“Huff… Huff… How many hours has it been since we are here, Hotaru?”

Melaine lay down on the floor, exhausted. Without any food or drink and consistently trying to punch the wall did the trick making the SSS-Rank Esper get exhausted and unable to move.

They had been in that place for an entire day or at least 18 hours.

“I don’t know,” Hotaru answered. All this time, she had been conversing her energy by just sitting on the floor, back on the wall. “I have been trying to pinpoint our location since earlier, but there is no noise or anything. If there is one Esper’s pressure that I can use as a coordinate, then we can get out of here.”

“So you’re trying to say that we will stay here forever unless there is someone who can get us out?”

“Yes. Maybe that’s also the reason why they give us nothing. If I can find out where the hollow space outside this cage is located, then we can teleport away.”

“Cage, huh?” Melaine muttered. “That’s a fitting description for this space.” She smiled wryly.

When she went to England with Hotaru and Mizuki, she had never expected this to happen to her. She thought the preparation for war was perfect, and they just needed to wait for the enemy’s force to arrive.

But who would think that Avos would appear in England when they were talking to the Queen?

“There must be some spy in England besides you,” Melaine muttered, to which was replied by a nod from Hotaru.

“Agree.”

Author Here~

More than 20 Advanced chapters (For this series)  available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

28