Chapter 287 – Same but Different Dream 19
667 4 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Naomi started the fight by throwing the floating grass and dirt at Avos to find out how he defended against her attack on Paris. At least, she wanted to judge the distance of his barrier, whether he only covered his body or his barrier could extend to cover the area around him.

“Oh?” Avos let out a voice as he looked at the dirt and grass that flew toward him. “Trying to see my barrier, huh? Too bad.” He said as he raised his hand.

As he did that, all dirt and grass that flew toward him disappeared, leaving a little distortion in the air.

“I will give you no chance to do that.” He continued, but Naomi had already expected that.

She adjusted her body to her limit and stopped 5 meters across from Avos. Of course, she also tried to adjust her body to be able to move inside the space Avos created around him. She wasn’t entirely sure if that worked, but it was better safe than sorry. It was time to see whether her training worked or not.

“That’s enough prying.” She said after she confirmed what she needed to know, whether Avos could control the space he didn’t directly touch. “You’re too dangerous.” She continued.

The fact that he could make the dirt and grass disappear meant that his Ability’s range was at least 10 meters from him. Naomi being inside his range was dangerous. He could’ve controlled the space around her head and separated and teleported it somewhere, decapitating her in less than a second.

“I am glad you think of me that way.” Avos smiled slightly and raised his hand. “Actually, I am wondering about something. Are you even trying to attack the Esper Association? If you want to, you can use your massive strength to destroy all our headquarters at once.”

“Indeed, I can,” Naomi replied. “But I won’t do that. That will be for my own satisfaction. Many of my subordinates hate you guys, and I respect their feelings. They want to be part of this war. I can’t take that satisfaction away from them even if I can end this war myself.”

“I see.” Avos nodded. “You are a good leader. But that’s naïve.” He narrowed his eyes, glaring at Naomi. “That kind of thinking will lose you everything! I know now. I hate you, Akasa Naomi. That’s why I want you. Join me. This is my last offer.”

“I refuse. Why should I join you?”

Naomi glanced left and right. She surveyed the area to look out for anything that could be of use. Anything bigger than a pebble to launch at the man in front of her.

However, there was nothing but some trees and a mansion that could be launched.

“Because I need you.” Avos said casually, as if he had forgotten that he had told Naomi that he hated her.

‘This guy is crazy.’ Thought Naomi.

She looked at him differently now. Instead of the leader of her enemy’s organization, he only looked at him as a crazy man now. His personality was way different from what he expected him to be.

“Once again, I refuse.”

Naomi used her Telekinesis to pull out two big trees in front of the mansion’s gate. The tip of the trees was sharp, and she pointed them toward Avos.

“I’d like to have a high position myself, so I won’t work under anyone.” She grinned. “Also, I am quite enjoying a fight between Espers more than you thought.”

She moved her index finger, and the trees flew toward Avos at a great speed, faster than even a bullet shot from Sniper Rifle.

The leaves were hurled up, splitting the wind. But Avos made no effort to look at them.

“What a shame.” He said shortly, and the trees disappeared once again. “I guess I don’t need you in this world.” He extended his hand toward Naomi. “Be a good girl and disappear from my sight, Akasa Naomi.”

Naomi had a bad feeling about that. She immediately pulled herself back with Telekinesis, traveling 50 meters immediately. Her body could somehow withstand the sudden movement due to being Adjusted to the limit and the Telekinesis barrier that always surrounded her body.

Her bad feeling turned out to be true. The place where she stood earlier got distorted, creating a crackle of lightning all over. The ground was gouged 2 meters below and disappeared into thin air with a perfect circle shape.

“That was dangerous.” She muttered.

“As expected, you can even dodge it,” Avos said. “Then what about this?” He raised his other hand and made a gripping movement, with both of them facing Naomi.

An alarm blared inside Naomi’s head, telling her to move away from where she was. She trusted her instinct and moved fast to the side, flying. Running was too slow, so she flew at full speed, circling Avos.

Following closely behind her was the distortion that appeared earlier, eating the air and the ground. Naomi focused on Avos and noticed that the distortion followed his hands' movement. She tried to use her Telekinesis directly on Avos, but it didn’t work, as if blocked by something.

‘It’s similar to Mischa’s ability, but I can still use my Telekinesis just fine. What is this?’ She didn’t know what Avos did to nullify her ability that was directed to him, but she had a guess.

‘Is my Ability can’t affect him because he stands behind a space barrier? My ability can’t break through the barrier and reach him. This is troublesome.’

The man was smiling. He was calm for someone whose attack never hit her. That was when she knew that something wasn’t right, and she was correct. Suddenly, he moved his hand to the side and balled it tightly.

At that moment, a big distortion in sphere shape appeared in front of Naomi.

“Tsk!” She clicked her tongue and immediately went up to the sky. However, she was a bit too late. “Arrgh!”

She felt a dull pain in her right arm. Avos lowered his hands and smiled widely.

“Hahaha! I know you never expected this, aren’t you? You, the strongest Esper who can even deflect a bullet and destroy the planet if you want to, got injured badly because of me?!” The man laughed in madness.

Why would he not? Avos was like a child in personality. He was crazy because of the burden he had carried on his shoulder since he arrived on Earth. The burden of saving his own world twisted the man to the core.

And now, he faced the enemy that stood in his way. The strongest enemy that he has faced so far. This said enemy, Akasa Naomi, was never injured in her life. Even facing a nuke, she could easily stop it.

But now, Naomi was bleeding. For the first time in her life, she dropped blood in a fight.

“How is it? The feeling of losing one of your limbs?!” Avos laughed loudly, looking at Naomi in the sky.

“Kuh!” Naomi gritted her teeth and looked at her right hand, or what was left of it. It seemed like her training didn’t work. Her body couldn’t adapt to his space yet. The attack had eaten her right arm earlier, leaving only a stump past her shoulder.

But her training surely paid off. Because she successfully analyzed the space from the attack earlier. She only needed to get hit once.

She immediately Adjusted her body to stop the bleeding and the pain. She wouldn’t be able to concentrate if she was in pain.

However, there was a strange smile on her face as it was decorated by blood that spilled from her arm. She looked at Avos as if she was looking at prey. She wasn’t mad. Instead, she was happy as the world had granted her one of her dreams.

“Avos!!!” She roared like a beast. Her voice traveled all across the island easily.

The dream of having a strong enemy. Her dream of having the greatest Esper duel of all time. This… the person on the ground could realize her dream. He was able to injure her, able to make her bleed.

“Let’s do this, Avos! Come with all your strength! Let’s make this fight be written in history! Let’s destroy half of the world in this fight! Hahaha.”

Maybe this was the happiest time in her life after getting to know Mischa.

“Yes. A fight should be like this! I have never really experienced a fight before. Those were massacres! This is the real fight. Blood and injuries everywhere! This is so exciting!” She laughed loudly. Even Avos was confused by her sudden shift of personality.

Naomi licked the blood near her lips and said.

“Now, I will come at you with my full strength. Be prepared, Avos!”

With her declaration, she flared her Esper pressure on the world. She released the limit she put on herself and used her full strength. At the same time, the world shook.

Once again, the presence of Akasa Naomi was known to the world. They were reminded of how scary she actually was.

It was only a few weeks after she was about to destroy the planet while losing control. But now, she controlled that massive strength by herself and focused it on one person.

“Try to withstand this.”

Author Here~

More than 20 Advanced chapters (For this series)  available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

32