Chapter 288 – Same but Different Dream 20
630 3 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tetsuma and Mischa proceeded rather slowly as they didn’t want to create a lot of noise. Mischa was a bit tense as she could feel Naomi’s growing Esper pressure from above, meeting with another Esper pressure that she had felt before.

She stopped on her track and poked Tetsuma’s back, making the man turn around.

“What’s the matter?” He asked in a low voice, trying his best to save his breath.

“Naomi is facing Avos.”

Mischa also knew that she should save her breath, so she only told Tetsuma the necessary thing. Naomi’s father nodded while frowning.

“We must move fast.” He said, turning around once again. He knew that they were pressed in time.

Naomi facing Avos would certainly make the guard around the mansion get into safety. The growing confidence because of their strong leader wasn’t only applied to the Moon of Akasha. The Esper Association also had their trust in Avos, the man lauded as a Hero of the great Esper War.

They would lower their guard when they knew Avos could at least hold Naomi in a fight. It was their best chance to sneak into the mansion and rescue Mizuki and the Queen.

But, there was something that they had never expected before the mission started. It was the rumbling caused by Naomi and Avos’ fight. They could feel the vibration more underground, and the chance of the dirt on top of them collapsing was increased.

Tetsuma frowned as he stopped moving. He looked up and pointed with his index finger.

“We’ve arrived at the spot. This is near the mansion. I can’t continue digging unless we risk being found by the Guards. Let’s get out of here.”

Mischa nodded at his words. She knew the gravity of the situation, so she left the command to Tetsuma, a soldier with more experience than her.

Slowly but surely, Tetsuma created a way out as they climbed the stairs that he had created. His control over his ability was so delicate that Mischa had a hard time sensing his Esper pressure.

‘Mr. Tetsuma is amazing.’ She thought. ‘I want to say as expected from Naomi’s father, but I am afraid to offend him with that. He’s not amazing because he’s Naomi’s father. Naomi became amazing because she has a father like him.’

After taking each step upstairs carefully, the ground above finally ended, and a strike of sunlight passed through the small hole that Tetsuma created. After being in the dark place for more than a minute, Mischa narrowed her eyes when the light hit her eyes.

She immediately adjusted her body again so she would have no problem seeing after her eyes got used to the dark, and it worked like a charm.

“Are you ready?” Tetsuma asked as he took a breath. Fresh air filled his lungs as his expression steeled.

Mischa also took a breath. She felt a bit energetic after holding her breath for so long. The vibration underground intensified; she knew that the fight between Naomi and Avos would not last any longer.

“I am ready.”

“Then on my command.” Tetsuma put his hands on the ground under him and closed his eyes.

His gesture didn’t look so significant, but he scanned the area by feeling what the earth felt. He could at least know the guards’ location if they stood above the ground.

After a while, he opened his eyes and muttered.

“Three on the left, 30 meters. Then two beside the mansion. I will take the three; can you neutralize the two?”

“Roger,” Mischa answered as she took out a gun with a silencer from the holster in her waist. She turned the safety off and held the gun with both hands as she Adjusted her body to the limit. Her expression turned cold, surprising even Tetsuma.

The man nodded slightly. “Go.”

As soon as he said that, he opened a big hole in the top of them and sprung out in action. First, he stepped out from the ground and used his ability to take care of the guards near them, creating a big pit under their feet and closing the ground to bury them alive.

The two guards beside the mansion noticed them as they pointed the rifle they held toward Tetsuma.

“Freeze!”

But before they could act, Mischa jumped out from the ground and shot two silenced shots right toward their heads, killing them instantly. She then crossed the distance with the two unalive guards and caught their bodies before they fell, lowering them slowly to make as little noise as possible.

Tetsuma was used to seeing someone killing others with a gun, but Mischa’s movement still surprised him.

‘She’s so efficient. No wonder she can at least fight Naomi. Her skill is really top-notch.’ He praised inside his mind, then gestured to her with a hand sign to infiltrate the mansion.

Queen Elizabeth secretly revealed her location by not restricting her Esper pressure, so Tetsuma and Mischa knew where they should go.

‘Wait for me, Mizuki. I will rescue you and get out of here as fast as we can without burdening our daughter.’

***

The duo stormed into the mansion through a window and went inside quietly. The reaction from Queen Elizabeth’s Esper pressure was in the room near their location, so they went to that room first.

Mischa subdued 3 more guards on their way to the room, and they stopped first before entering.

“There is 1 SS-Rank Esper inside with them. Probably an Executive.”

“That’s Lucilla. Her Ability is Super Speed. She can move pretty fast.” Mischa informed. “I will enter first and activate my Ability. Mr. Tetsuma, please prepare a gun.”

“Alright.” Tetsuma replied as he took out a handgun from the holster on his chest. “Anytime.”

As both of them were prepared, they kicked the door, and Mischa activated her Ability to seal Esper’s power at the same time, limiting the range to the mansion only. Inside, the Queen and Mizuki were sitting on a chair, a rope tied behind their hands. They appeared to be unconscious.

Standing beside them was a woman in a white suit. She wore a white metal greaves and shoes on her feet with the edges looking as sharp as a blade.

Even when two people suddenly entered and pointed their guns toward her head, Lucilla appeared to be calm and collected. She knew that she was still at an advantage as long as she had the hostage.

“Release them at once!” Tetsuma gave a warning in a loud voice. “Or I will shoot.”

A normal person would definitely get scared. Even an Esper would get scared by the warning after they realized they couldn’t use their Ability. However, Lucilla still looked calm. The corner of her lips curled upward.

“Unfortunately…”

At that moment, she took a step forward. An alarm blared in Mischa’s head as soon as she did that. She knew that something was wrong. It was the same situation as when she fought Stephen on that bridge.

“Dodge!”

Mischa shouted loudly, and Tetsuma spent no time following her warning. He ducked, then a sound of splitting wind followed suit from above his head.

Swoosh!

Lucilla stood a bit away from them and was now behind Tetsuma with her legs in the air. “Oh?” She let out an amazed voice. “Not ba–“

Before she could finish her sentence, a kick came from under her. It missed, as Lucilla was gone from that place once again and returned to stand calmly behind Mizuki.

Tetsuma recovered from his position and glared at Lucilla. Meanwhile, Mischa, who stood beside him, muttered.

“Mr. Tetsuma. It appears that she’s unaffected by my Ability. I will turn it off.”

“It appears so. This is gonna be troublesome.”

Author Here~

More than 20 Advanced chapters (For this series)  available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

31