Chapter 291 – Same but Different Dream 23
990 3 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Naomi isn’t here, and Mr. Tetsuma has evacuated. This strange feeling of being encompassed within something is worrying, but I can go all out without worrying about them seeing my combat mode.’

Mischa was a trained soldier.

Since she was a child, she would undergo a lot of training regimen instructed by the best instructor from the Esper Association. The training environment was also perfect, with no lack of advanced equipment.

Many children like her joined at the same time. They trained intending to protect citizens, so their spirit was all-time high when they started.

Protecting people was their goal. Even Mischa wanted to protect citizens from evil or criminals. Many acts, such as killing and kidnapping, happened all over the world due to Esper’s ability. Normal people would stand no chance when they faced an Esper.

Alas, the training was hard, and the instructor was cruel. One by one, children gave up pursuing their dreams, leaving only a select few left, including Mischa.

From that point on, the instructor became stricter and harsher. He didn’t even bat an eyelid when he beat the children for their mistakes. As time passed, some children died in the training facility.

Seeing that sight roused something within Mischa. As such, she developed something that she called combat mode. When she entered this mode that she created to protect herself from the harsh and cruel instructor, she would feel no pain, and her limit was lifted temporarily.

The side-effect of this was really cruel to Mischa’s mind. Because she shut her pain receptors and some other nerves with her Adjustment, she was unable to feel any emotion too.

She became the perfect killing machine with her ability and skill gained from the training she did for years in the Esper Association.

Clutching her dagger in her hand, Mischa shot another bullet toward Lucilla’s head without hesitation.

A slight error in judgment was what it took for Lucilla to die in this state. As such, she quickly calculated her judgment and decided that using her ability to dodge was the safest choice.

She moved to the side as she activated her ability near the door. Being in this cramped space only created a disadvantage for her. The hostages were also rescued already; she had no more reason to leave and go to a more spacious space.

As she reappeared in front of the door after moving in a high-speed, even faster than sound, the bullet that Mischa had shot earlier lodged into the wall.

However, the platinum-haired girl didn’t stop her attack there. Just after she shot the bullet, she had already moved at a fast speed toward the entrance door, guessing that Lucilla would be there after she dodged.

The only female Executive of the Esper Association wasn’t that proficient in a battle. She was trained but had less experience in the real field than Mischa. Their battle senses were too far apart.

“Huh?” Lucilla let out a confused voice as she saw Mischa suddenly appear in front of her. A sharp dagger moved toward her face, not giving her a chance to rest for even a second for her to be able to reuse her ability.

The only choice Lucilla had was to duck. But at that time, her face met Mischa’s knee, which had already predicted her movement.

Thud!

“Gah!” Lucilla’s head was blown backward, but she was able to use her ability again. Her mind was a bit of a mess after taking the blow from Mischa, but she was able to exit the room and go to a spacious corridor of the mansion.

Mischa followed suit calmly after Lucilla. Her face was cold and expressionless as she gazed at the Executive with no emotion whatsoever.

“Let me tell you something,” Mischa spoke in a tone as low as Naomi when she acted as Mugetsu in the past. It was chilling and sent a shiver down Lucilla’s spine.

The only female Executive had underestimated the girl named Mischa Belyaeva. Unfortunately, she underestimated her too much, thinking there was no way the young platinum-haired girl could defeat her one-on-one.

But the truth was far from that. Mischa was way more skilled than she thought. And she was more ruthless than anyone she had met, except for two people.

Mischa stood silently in front of the door while looking at Lucilla on the other side of the corridor.

“If you step out of this mansion, you might be crushed instantly by them.” Mischa glanced outside the window. Tornado, dirt, grass, almost everything flew out of proportion to the point even she couldn’t see what had happened inside that mess.

Naomi and Avos’ battle was way out of the world. The mansion itself probably couldn’t hold any longer. So Mischa needed to beat Lucilla as fast as she could and evacuate herself by calling Tetsuma.

“The only way to escape is to beat me. Don’t try to run, Miss Lucilla.” She continued.

Lucilla was nervous. A dry smile appeared on her face as she clutched her dagger tightly.

“I am in trouble.” She muttered.

As Mischa had said, her exit was blocked. The only safe place on this island was currently the mansion and outside Avos’ space dome.

The battle between Naomi and Avos blew out of proportion more than she thought. This might be the first time a battle between two people could create a tornado, destroy the earth, and even imitate a natural disaster in one area.

Her super speed would be useless outside. Her body was similar to normal humans. Hence, she needed to stop for a second before reusing her ability. If she forced herself, her organs and body wouldn’t be able to handle the backlash and get destroyed by it.

“I guess I have no other choice.”

Lucilla took out a pill from her pocket.

Mischa knew what kind of pill Lucilla had taken out. Her eyes widened a little, and she pointed her gun toward the Executive, pulling the trigger at once without hesitation.

Bam!

“Too late!” Lucilla said as she bit the pill in her mouth. She disappeared as soon as she did that, and the bullet hit nothing but the air, lodging into the wall.

This time, Mischa couldn’t follow Lucilla’s movement. She could only hear the sound with her enhanced ear. That was why she ducked without wasting a single second.

Swoosh!

A blade passed her previous location, but Lucilla’s figure was nowhere to be seen. Mischa kept her body low as she thought.

‘She can use her ability without waiting for a second right now. Not to mention she’s faster than before. This is bad.’

Author Here~

More than 20 Advanced chapters (For this series)  available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

30