Chapter 292 – Same but Different Dream 24
4.4k 17 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hahahaha, so you’re here with us to stop the intruder, huh? Can you even fight?” Stephen’s voice echoed through the street as he stepped out the white door with the others from his squad.

Due to his wound, he was forced by Doni to wear combat clothes. Who knew if the boy from before would appear behind him again and puncture his body for the second time? No one would be able to react if even Stephen himself couldn’t feel the boy.

He looked to his right at a man with long blonde hair, Angella, and laughed heartily.

Angella had bleached his hair and washed the rainbow dye that he had put on his hair to look like a clown. Hearing Stephen, he smiled a little.

“Even if I look like this, I have lived long enough to hone my skill and martial arts without relying on my Esper Ability. However, please. When I use my Ability later, make sure to be away from me as far as possible. I don’t want you to get involved as my Ability works in a large area.”

“Don’t mind us! If you need to use your ability, then use it.” Stephen said. “Doni here can move very fast. I am certain he can bring us to safety when the time comes.” He put his hand on top of Doni’s head and ruffled it.

“Ou!” Doni exclaimed energetically. He wore a similar combat suit to Stephen, but the one he wore was the latest one given to their squad when they were on a mission to make some commotion. “I can even put you in the middle of the enemy’s line if you can handle the speed. It’s quite tough!”

“Talk big.” Mizu glanced at Doni. “My sister and I can stop them just fine with the two of us.”

“We don’t need your help.” Yuki continued. Both of them had confident smiles on their faces.

“Don’t push yourself too much.” Selena stepped out of the white door and warned them. The door then disappeared. Luna waved her hand and wished them to look from the other side, to which Selena replied with a nod.

She then looked over her squad, the one she led. Even if they often argued with each other and tried to prove they were the best among each other, she couldn’t deny that this squad was the one that their leader trusted.

Saying it like that was rather wrong. This was the only working squad that was on the Moon of Akasha. No other squads were present; they were all under Chi and Rekka’s command. The rest was tasked to guard the base under Hyun-Woo’s command.

So Selena was the only squad leader who wasn’t a founding member.

Once again, she looked over her squad. They were on a quiet street between some old architecture. The buildings were beautiful and not that high compared to the US and Japan high-rise buildings. It made Selena have a bit of a problem finding a good angle to set her position.

However, their jobs were to stop the intruder if there were any. So the low building helped quite a bit for Selena to look around more easily without any hindrance.

“Let me brief you guys on our mission. We’re here to stop the Esper Association’s advances. The Military had confirmed the Esper Association’s army had entered Basel and made their way here and the other city. We will join with the guys in the Military to stop them.”

Selena paused a little to see whether they were listening or not. Surprisingly, they all looked at her and listened quietly, albeit with excited smiles on their faces.

‘As expected from the battle-hungry squad.’ She thought, then smiled a little.

“The Military will help us from the side. They will send a Squad named Numbers. This time, due to our situation, they only sent 3 people, who are called Number 1 to Number 3.”

“Numbers?” Stephen asked with a bit of a mocking tone. “What can they do?”

“At least they have fought Princess and are able to retaliate a little. At least they are stronger than an average Esper.” Selena explained. “Apparently, the one called Number 1 has Ability to use Lightning. She can attack with it, and it was quite strong from the report.”

“Oooh!” Doni exclaimed excitedly. “Which one is stronger? Me or her?”

“If it’s about the attack power and the time to condense a big power at a fast speed, then she has the upper hand over you. She’s an SS-Rank Esper.”

“I see…” Doni seemed to be dispirited by the fact. He couldn’t do anything if Rank was the problem. He was only S-Rank Esper. He had no way to beat the power output of an SS-Ranked Esper.

“But…” Selena looked at Doni with a feral smile similar to Stephen’s and the others. It seemed like she was a bit infected by their spirit after spending some time with them.

“If we are talking about who is stronger in actual combat, then I would say that you’re stronger than her, Doni. Simply training or latent power can't achieve your experience and ruthlessness against the enemy. I know she will hesitate a bit to use her Ability when she realizes she can kill a human easily with that.”

“Oooh! I see! Thanks for cheering me up, Selena. You’re a good woman!” The boy happily exclaimed with a big smile.

Selena nodded, then she faced Angella.

“I will say this only once. I don’t trust you, Angella. I will not hesitate to shoot your head if you make a strange movement.” She pushed the silver case she carried on her back and narrowed her eyes. “The safety of my squad is more important than yours.”

Angella nodded. He understood Selena’s worry. He was an outsider of this squad, the former Executive of the Esper Association.

Even though he was an SS-Rank Esper, his ability wouldn’t be able to save him from a bullet shot by a sniper rifle. He wouldn’t even notice it, as Selena’s Esper pressure couldn’t really be felt from afar due to her only being a low-rank Esper.

That was what made her dangerous. But, even if she didn’t do that, he wasn’t confident enough to take on the other four who stood around him. They were all strong in their own field.

But that worry was pointless.

“I won’t do anything stupid.”

Because he wouldn’t do anything stupid or strange, he had a reason for betraying the Esper Association. Maybe the others didn’t believe him, but at least his old friend still believed in him and had the same goal as him.

“I still need the Moon of Akasha’s help to reach my goal. Not to mention, Avos has gone too far by kidnapping Melaine. So I hope you can trust me.”

“Unfortunately, you have done nothing yet,” Selena replied.

“However, I am willing to keep my mind open. I won’t discriminate against you and won’t look at you differently just because you were from the Esper Association. As much as I hated them, you have done nothing to warrant my hate. Just keep in mind that I am watching you.”

“I appreciate it.” Angella nodded. He was grateful that Selena didn’t just blindly hate him because he came from the Esper Association.

“Alright.” She called out to the others to get their attention. “Let’s move.”

Author Here~

More than 20 Advanced chapters (For this series)  available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

31