05 – His Choice
11 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Hospital

Director's Office

 

At the head of the table, only Ban Wanwei is seated holding a pile of papers in his hand. Seated at the center like the Emperor. The group of doctors before him all had their heads down like officials in the presence of their ruler. Silver short hair. Exquisite and handsome features. Sharp jaws and face molded into perfection by the gods. Sword-like eyebrows and obsidian irises which show the color of the night. Deep darkness as if one will be swallowed within an endless trench. This is Bai Wanwei.

 

The pile of papers on his hands was the result and past record of his younger brother's illness. Hei Xueyue has been admitted to the hospital for 3 years now since he first collapsed. That was their first meeting as well. Reading through the reports Bai Wanwei could only see that the doctors he personally recruited to cure his brother were useless. The report can be only summarized in three sentences.

 

First, An Acute Leukaemia in Stage IV.

 

Second. It's no longer treatable.

 

Third, Half a year at most.

 

Bai Wanwei threw the papers at the doctors in front of him. His eyes were red in immense anger and disappointment.

 

"What the hell is this!?" shouted Bai Wanwei.

 

The doctors flinched and started trembling upon experiencing their boss's fury. They've acted like trembling quails in the presence of unavoidable death.

 

"Yueyue's illness was only at stage II a year ago! Now you are telling me that it's already at the threshold of stage IV!"

 

"...S-Sire. Young Master Hei's Leukaemia is a rare type. The surge of his white blood cells were erratic and hard to stabilize."

 

"W-We did everything we could. Even asking for help with our connection in different countries but..."

 

"Sigh! Sire. This is already beyond our era's medicine and tradition. You..." should learn to accept reality.

 

"You should make use of time right. We suggest sire to spend all your time with Young Master Hei after all he..." no longer have much time left.

 

"Sire. Please forgive us! We did everything we could!!"

 

The group of doctors before Bai Wanwei all lowered their backs before him. This is the only thing they could do after failing this man who gave them all the resources they needed to cure his younger brother. Silence engulfs the room. No noise was heard aside from their breathing. It took a few minutes before the doctors gathered enough courage to peek at their boss. Once they looked up they saw the unexpected devastating expression on Bai Wanwei's face. Tears were falling down uncontrollably on his incredulity-filled face which shows his intense sadness and pain. There's a deep frown on his face which shows his disappointment. His face is pale white in contrast to fear. Within those dark eyes, they could see endless sadness and hate in the world.

 

With a hoarse voice, "... Out... GET OUT!" exclaimed Bai Wanwei as he used one of his hands to cover his face.

 

Once the doctors heard that, they looked at each other and sigh. They left the office without question. Leaving only Bai Wanwei inside to mourn on his own. Once he was alone inside the hatred within his eyes surged as he hit the table in anger. The table turned to dust upon contact.

 

[My Lord you've already done all you could to extend the life of the cannon fodder, Hei Xueyue. From the original plot where he is only able to live for 3 months, my lord is able to extend it for at most half a year. Any more and we'll be going against the rules of heaven laws of this world and get punished by the God System.]

 

"You couldn't understand Zhishi. This scene! The story! Is so similar... Extremely similar to our original lives."

 

[How about you do everything you weren't able to do in that world to this one. My Lord this is just the beginning. You can still meet him in other worlds. You both no longer have the concept of death. Eternity is already true sense.]

 

"... Sigh~ you are right. Thank you Zhishi," said Bai Wanwei.

 

[Does the Lord want to refresh his task?]

 

"Go ahead and show me."


Main Mission: Make sure to let Xueyue die without regret.

 

Side Tasks:

  - Restore a friendly relationship with your younger brother: 100 pts. (Completed)

  - Spend time with your brother's birthday together: 50 pts.

  - Look after your brother until the end: 500 pts.

  - Come out to your parents: 100 pts. (Completed)

  - Tell your younger brother your feelings before he died: 200 pts.

 

Reward: 1 000 pts.

Failure:

  - Penalty Fee: 100 000 pts.

 (This is due to the actor's high level which is beyond the world's energy. Failure is not allowed.)

 

[Actor Points] AP: 1 B

Hidden Tasks:

  - Destroy the male lead: 8 000 pts.

  - Destroy the female lead: 2 000 pts.


 

"Hidden Tasks? This is the first time I've opened one. Isn't this world supposed to be only F Class?"

 

[My Lord it is indeed an F Class world but... According to the response from the main system, this world will be queued for resetting once my lord accepts the hidden tasks. Does the lord want to accept the hidden tasks?]

 

"That Male lead. Is he Yueyue's ex-boyfriend?"

 

[He is.]

 

"Accept the hidden task, Zhishi, and don't let Yueyue's little son catch our tracks."

 

[Is my lord not going to tell Snow Moon?]

 

"Yueyue has always been smart. He'll notice sooner or later. But I wanted to keep it a secret for now. I'll wait for him to fall for me first. Moreover, I needed to recover his memories."

 

[I've placed the ingredients in the kitchen. My Lord can begin cooking.]

 

"Zhishi investigates the male lead's company tracks. Gather every Black material. As for the female lead, forget about her. Yueyue hated that kind of woman the most."

 

[Affirmative, My Liege.]

 

--- 

Ye Tourism Company

CEO's Office

 

A cool man wearing glasses passed a pile of papers to his president's table. This man is called Li Hou. CEO's secretary. The man seated at the president's chair accepted the papers. This man looks a bit familiar. He had gentle features despite his arrogant demeanor. He is a handsome man with an aura of an elite. Truly worthy of being the world's heaven's beloved son. Reading through the report from his subordinate, a frown appeared on his handsome face. This is Ye Shui, the male protagonist of this world.

 

"Is this real?"

 

Li Hou replied, "Everything is legit. Isn't the proof before the president enough?"

 

On his hands is a long record of Hei Xueyue trying to contact him. Even the short messages of greeting him to pleading him and even going to the last message of farewell were recorded before him.

 

"Those were the chat messages. If the president wants to hear the voice call recording and video call recording. It is inside this. If the president has nothing more to add then... Please excuse Li Hou to take my leave." Said Li Hou, this cool beauty left a USB on his CEO's table and left the office without looking back.

 

Ye Shui didn't stop him but his eyes were staring at the USB his secretary had left on his table. Moreover, he didn't mind Li Hou's rudeness after all they were roommates and friends in their college days. It just so happened that Li Hou adores Hei Xueyue as his baby brother which is why when he accepts Su Xuli as his girlfriend that the relationship between them turned cold and full of mockery. After a short hesitation, Ye Shui took the USB and plugged it into his computer. Playing the files inside. An endless record of Hei Xueyue's voice resounds inside his quiet office.

 

'A' Shui what's wrong? Why are you not replying to my messages and calls? '

 

' Are you alright? Please don't forget about your health and sleep on it. Money is not the most important thing but your body. A'Shui I've always told you that'

 

'A' Shui...? Really. Is there something wrong? This is weird. Your number is no longer accepting my messages.'

 

'A'Shui please speak to me. Don't ignore me, please. I do not understand. Please don't do this to me. Please call me!'

 

'A'Shui it seems I won't be able to return back to school. The hospital said I must stay here to stabilize my body. My brother will be staying with me. Don't worry.'

 

'A'Shui are you still ignoring me? I really shouldn't have left without telling you in person. But that day was the most important day of your life. I was planning on returning right after getting a check-up. I've really told Su Xuli and the rest of your friends about it. But my brother told me I couldn't leave the hospital.'

 

'A'Shui something is weird. It seems that my illness is not a common one. I needed to stay in the hospital. The test and treatment are both extremely painful but I can bear it. Once I've got the cure I'll look for you. Don't ignore me at that time A'Shui.'

 

'A' Shui I'm scared. I'm really scared. I've puke blood. L-Lots of it. Please come see me. I really miss you. A'Shui.'

 

'A'Shui...'

 

'A'Shui...'

 

'A'Shui...'

 

Then suddenly a message was sent to his phone. This message was sent at the latest. After checking through his phone just now he knew that someone put Hei Xueyue's number on the blacklist. Not only in messages and calls but in all of his social media accounts. Ye Shui knew that it can only be her who is able to do that. But seeing the records on his phone the black list was already done 3 years ago. He then remembers that day when he was in a hurry to begin his last defense. To avoid distraction to his concentration he left his phone to Su Xuli as he could find Hei Xueyue. He never expected that, that was the beginning of everything.

 

----------------

Message:

 

Ye Shui, I've decided to move forward. That call this morning. That was my mistake. It will never happen again. I've seen Su Xuli's post. You've been together for 3 years. I will not bother you any longer. Please be happy and congratulations! You finally achieve your dreams, A'Shui.

 

Goodbye, My First Love.

 

Xueyue.

----------------

 

Reading this message Ye Shui gripped his phone in anger. He is very angry at Su Xuli for lying to him. He hated her for making the love between him and Hei Xueyue for many years end in nothing. But everything is already too late to return to the past.

 

In the first place, Ye Shui is not completely gay. He is bisexual. He can love both males and females. During their college days, Xueyue just happened to be someone who is even more beautiful than others in both genders. He is smart, elegant, and gorgeous. Someone that is born to be in the spotlight. With just his grace alone, everyone can see him as someone close to perfection. Ye Shui likes him a lot but he is naive and too pure. Being with him is cleansing at the same time made him feel he is never worthy of him. Though in his hardest times the one by his side is him. This is the reason for his guilt.

 

Ye Shui chooses to ignore the guilt and live the present. He had chosen Su Xuli instead of Hei Xueyue. When he first brought Su Xuli back home. His parents looked at him weirdly at the beginning. They've constantly asked if Su Xuli is indeed the one. It made me confused at first but gradually they both accepted her reluctantly for some reason. The fight between him and his father was put on hold once he learned that his family was almost bankrupt. He just finished his final defense and passed it with flying colors. He got home and his father talked to him at that time.

 

"Shui, you can do whatever you want. When our company almost fell to bankruptcy only then I knew that what is most important is that we are alright as a family." his father said.

 

With those words, Ye Shui delightedly opened another company which first began as a small studio. With his parents' support what he has today is because of them. This is why he is not willing to destroy the present just because he felt guilty for Xueyue. He loved him but their love ended in such a way. Xueyue's last video call was the last stone in his heart. Now because of the last message from Xueyue, he is now able to let go of the past.

 

---------------------

He replied to his text:

 

Our love might not be fated but you were my guardian all this time. Thank you Yue'er!

 

Ye Shui

---------------------

 

After sending it. Ye Shui took a deep breath and removed every single record of the past between him and Xueyue which he didn't know that he would almost kill himself for it in the future.

 

 

Hospital

Hei Xueyue's Room

 

Holding a phone in his hands Xueyue read the reply from the scum gong, Ye Shui. The message was short but it was enough to give the core of the message. It was a clear break-up and farewell. Reading this message, Actor Snow Moon felt his body lightened. It seems that the original Xueyue regretted passing without clearance of his relationship with Ye Shui.

 

[...Master! The residual soul of the original Xueyue had left the body. Your body is now in your complete control. OOC warning is now deactivated. Master. You're so amazing! Momo didn't know that the way to deactivate OOC warning is to clear the residual resentment or regret of the original and let him pass on completely.]

 

Hearing this announcement Snow Moon no longer portrays a weak and sickly figure of the original. With a cold smile on his face, all naivety and pure ambiance of the original's character have been long gone on his face.

 

Snow Moon, "Momo, if I eat that beautifying pill from the starter pack would I be able to get a face similar to my original appearance?"

 

[... That. I think it is not possible, master. The Beautifying Pill was only in 3rd grade. Master's original appearance is considered the most beautiful of your original world. Master's original world is a SS Class. Your beauty is close to that of the Gods. 😤]

 

"So if I eat the pill I won't be a heavenly beauty of this world?" asked Snow Moon.

 

[Master would have at least have the same level of captivation as your elder brother. Bai Wanwei has an appearance that even surpasses the leads of this world for some reason as he is a villain.]

 

Snow Moon raised his brow in understanding. Remembering the face of Ye Shui he saw on the video call then comparing it to his elder brother's appearance. He could only say that his brother is the sole swan among the ducks.  Thinking of this Snow Moon decided to take the pill and enjoy the last 200 days he can play in this first world he has entered.

 

"Momo, give me one Beautifying Pill," said Snow Moon.

 

[😊 Right away, Master.]

 

A white pill appeared before Snow Moon which he took without question. After eating the pill Snow Moon felt his stomach growl for some ugly reason.

 

"M-Momo this is..."

 

[Master, head to the bathroom. Eating a Beautifying Pill cleared the dirty essence of your body. It will take a while for...]

 

Before Momo completed his words Snow Moon had already run towards the bathroom ignoring him because of the immense stomach ache he is suffering from.

 

1