Chapter 8 – Talent Acquired!
3.4k 5 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 8 - Talent Acquired!

 

[ Otherworldly power resides within your brain. ]

[ Extraction & Identification in progress …... ]

[ Innate talent ability "Omni-Mastery" Awakened! ]

I woke up to several system alarms, as I made my way out of the sea of books. I had collapsed yesterday after going through most of the books. Although it didn't take that much time to read one book due to my photographic memory, it took me quite a while due to the quantity of the books.

I was surprised about this sequence of alarms, as I asked the system about it.

 

"What exactly is this supposed to be?"

[ Starting tutorial knowledge transfer, do you wish to proceed? ]

"yes"

I was swarmed by a stream of words, that contained several vital information about how the system operated, and a hit about why only certain people were chosen for the beta-testing.

It turned out that the chosen ones, I included, were all expected to hold special talents, just like me. That talent could presumably boost our chance of living. Which meant that this test could be highly successful compared to if they chose normal people, providing the time & activity pertaining to the success of the beta-testing.

We were people who had the abilities that worked like cheat keys, which were apparently quite rare. Since VD staff could hardly interfere with the setting of 'The Lost Realm' at its current stage, before the beta-testing succeeds.

I decided to check what kind of ability I received, as soon as I digested the information.

[ 'Omni-Mastery' lv.1

 

'Lv.0' - You can achieve skill acquisition much easily through knowledge accumulation & understanding.

 

'Lv.1' -  You are able to acquire Mastery skills through skill & knowledge accumulation.

'Lv.2' - Locked.....]

I was delighted to the point of shock, according to the tutorial information I received just now, skills were the hardest thing to come by in this game. Skill books and the likes simply didn't exist.

The only way to get a skill was by constantly training  in it, and only then could you use it without complications.

My ability meant that as long as I read about a skill, I could gain it through much easier process due to my photographic memory and fast comprehension.  

I tried using 'Omni-Mastery' to check if there were any skills that could be gained after the reading session that lasted the whole night.

[ Activating 'Omni-Mastery' ….. ]

[ Skill acquisition list:

'Sword-Mastery': swing a sword 100 times {0/100}

'swift swordsmanship': repeat the 5 moves 100 times each {0/500}

'Horse riding': ride a horse for 30 minutes {0/30m}

'basic spearmanship': …... ]

38