Chapter 29 – Dual? What about triple!
2.7k 5 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 29 - Dual? What about triple!

 

Ecstasy, this was the feeling that overwhelmed the Ape king. His gamble of sacrificing the chiefs of the three tribes to overcome his limit was a huge success.

 

However, he was interrupted just a split second away from realizing this success!

 

The Ape king just couldn't get his head over what went wrong, he was supposed to realize the first step of his ambition just now!

 

He was supposed to evolve into a five-limbed king ape, A true ape king bloodline…

 

He was unexpectedly just a step away from conjuring a triple-element orb, he was this close to being capable to cultivate triple attributes without depending on other battle apes.

 

He would have been strong enough to challenge the Wolf king, or even the mighty Thunder lion with some preparation.

 

He would have got all of the possible benefits out of this ceremony, which he didn't expect to go this well, only if…

 

Only if he wasn't interrupted by this object, that targeted the position of his new elemental orb, which was also the position that his fifth limb was supposed to grow from.

 

The worst thing about it was that his body was starting to collapse, as failure for such a delicate practice meant nothing but death....

 

His body which was chaotically breaking started evolving again, but this time it was his last ditch effort.

 

He looked at the source of his pain, there was a puny human standing right there. He had been too careless, to think that this usually deserted place would be found by an ant.

 

He was dying, but that only amplified his anger, he would take that human down with him.

 

He was unwilling to die now. However, he could no longer have a say in this….

 

Kraahhhhhh

 

He howled painfully as he sprinted towards his target, he swore to tear that human apart.

 

>>>>

 

As the Ape king stepped with its green furred leg on the ground, a loud boom could be heard, it appeared in front of me in a split second.

 

I raised my double swords to defend. Fortunately, I was barely able to block its strike, or else, I would have been already dead had I received it directly.

 

It looked like my sneak attack was much more effective than I wanted it to be, it was probably a good idea to retreat now and forget this.

 

However, the Ape king didn't look like it would allow that to happen, its speed was just too superior.

 

But, a second later, I was stunned. The Ape king was currently using two huge tree branches as weapons as it struck towards me.

 

I was barely able to avoid it, as its strike wasn't as fast as that strange green leg, but the surprise wasn't the strike itself.

 

The Ape king was currently dual wielding!

 

It wasn't just dual wielding, it was using his tail as an extra limb as he used the three branches to rampage. I was finally able to view the true essence of simultaneous wielding!

 

A strike was heading towards my head, but I didn't dodge this time.

 

I held my swords as I sliced at the branches instead of blocking.

 

[New body ability 'ambidextrous' acquired.]

 

[You have learned 'Dual Swordsmanship' lv.1]

 

30