Chapter 30 – Rampage
2.7k 0 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 30 - Rampage

 

Life and death breakthroughs were famous for being effective. The reason was that people who failed it, didn't live to tell the story.

 

But even if people knew it was dangerous, reckless people who are stressed for time usually choose this method.

 

I was usually not a very reckless person, but I was unusually reckless lately for an unknown reason as I went along with this plan. Thanks to that, I almost lost my life without achieving anything.

 

However, the key to breakthrough for me was taking place just now, enlightenment through observation!

 

Heightened intelligence allowed precise observation, but the main point here was something else.

 

['Omni-Mastery' lv.2 (80% -> 90%)]

 

Learning from observation was a form of absorbing knowledge as well!

 

'Omni-Mastery' was "Omni" after all….

 

As such and after observing the coordinated wielding of the Ape king, I was able to grasp my objective.

 

Concentrating back into the battle, I dogged the flying branch pieces that were sliced by my dual attack.

 

Pushing away the sense of recklessness that seemed to overwhelm me, I decide to retreat. After all, I was able to achieve my objective, there was no need to continue risking my live fighting against a rampaging monster who held a grudge.

 

However, before I started leaving, the Ape king's attacks started going off randomly.

 

Its eyes turned white and it looked like it lost its sense of self, as such, it wasn't focused on targeting me anymore.

 

I was once again hesitating more about leaving such an opportunity. if the ape king's attacks weren't targeted towards me, I had 80% confidence in taking it down.

 

>>>>

 

After observing the Ape king as he rampaged for almost half an hour, I looked at the devastating destruction it had caused.

 

If I were to be truly targeted by him while he was still conscious, I would have been long dead. Fortunately, it lost his mind only 5 minutes into the battle, or else I would have been crushed into a meat paste.

 

However, the current Ape king looked like it was at its last straw. So, I decided it was time to strike and end this.

 

After observing it rampage while still using coordinated wielding, my grasp on the skill became much more precise.

 

I sprinted towards its back, as I directly struck using my swords into its heart simultaneously through its back, as blood spurted from the open wound.

 

Grahhhhhhh…..

 

The Ape king let out its last howl, collapsing to the ground, as silence encased the surroundings.

 

It seemed that true dual wielding didn't just increase the strength of the attack using two weapons, it also multiplied the damage caused by each blade through correct coordination.

 

[You have absorbed the blood essence of a Semi-Mutated Black furred King Ape, Strength increases by 10, Constitution increases by 12, Agility increases by 15.]

 

[You have absorbed EP under the effect of a level limiter, as such your level doesn't increase.]

 

Just as I absorbed the thick blood essence of the Ape king, I noticed a strange spark of light shining out from its corpse.

 

'?'

28