Chapter 31 – Strange orb & Improvement
2.6k 0 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 31 - Strange orb & Improvement

 

The body of the deceased Ape king crumbled apart, as only a shiny multi-colored orb was left out of it.

 

'Is this the so-called attribute orb mentioned in the encyclopedia?'

 

According to the monster encyclopedia, advanced enough monsters' bodies had a chance to contain a certain orb, holding a somewhat pure source of elements.

 

However, normal orbs should be uni-colored, and normally it wouldn't be even shining and even if it did, it would be quite dim.

 

On the other hand, this orb, which held three color, was shining quite intensely. It seemed quite odd compared to normal orbs, but since I couldn't know the reason for this difference, I decided to just take with me.

 

I decided to wrap it in ape fur that I obtained from my previous hunts to hide the its shining colors, in order not to attract the interest of other monsters around, and take it along with me.

 

>>>>

 

[8d:9h:3m:29s]

 

I woke up quite late today as I was quite tired from yesterday's battle, it was the first truly intense battle I've had since my arrival to the 'Lost realm'.

 

I was once again assaulted by an intense pain throughout my body, this was the side-effect of blood essence absorption.

 

As the body couldn't adapt to the improvements it had received, it would give me quite a painful mornings for a few days.

 

But after enduring this pain, what followed through was of course, the reward, I would get to feel the improvement in my body and receive the true benefit of the raised stats.

 

After all, my body wasn't a computed machine, simply increasing my stats didn't mean an instant increase of strength.

 

Everything had to go through various steps, haste simply led to waste.

 

I had adapted to usual pain waves, but as I absorbed the highly potent blood essence of the Ape king yesterday, the pain was more intense than usual.

 

In any case, I was quite pressed for time at this point as I only had slightly more than a week to deliver the quests.

 

This game was full of ???????, so I had to do whatever I could do at this somewhat familiar stage of the game that I already knew much about.

 

Other than collecting wolf pelt for the last collection of quests that I had to complete, taking advantage of the level limiter to achieve whatever improvement I could get in this last week was also important.

 

As such, it was time to hunt the last target of this forest, wind wolves!

 

As for the lightning monster duo and the frightening Thunder lion, I had to forget about even trying. After all, I wasn't going to be always lucky like I was in the battle with the Ape king....

 

>>>>

 

Wind wolves were quite different than battle apes in several points.

 

Unlike the disharmony in the color of various battle apes, wind wolves had an azure uniform color of.

 

They always moved in packs of at least 20 members and were quite fast in comparison with battle apes. They were also adept in tactical formation and team work, which proved that hunting them would seem quite tough.

 

This was the result of the research I did while going through the mental mapping process of the central forest.

 

However, although it did sound hard to finish my goal of 100 kills in this limited amount of time I had, I didn't find it impossible.

 

Since my body was already toned with my current stats, I was quite confident enough to take on a wolf pack daily!

 

[• Stats:

Strength: 66 -> 76

Constitution: 63 -> 75

Agility: 38 -> 53

Perception: 12 -> 15

Intelligence: ???

Unassigned stat points: 7

>>>>

  • Skills:

= Passive:

- 'Dual Swordsmanship' lv.1 (NEW)

>>>>

  • Abilities:

= Body:

- 'Ambidextrous']

30