Chapter 33 – Crisis
2.6k 1 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 33 - Crisis

 

Awoooo!

 

Soon after the terrifying clap of thunder, a loud howl could be heard roaring through the whole forest as if it was supported by wind itself.

 

'What in the world is this?!'

 

I looked in the direction of both sounds, which appeared to be quite close.

 

A gigantic lion-like beast which was bathing in lightning as streaks of lightning crackled around him, and an Azure wolf about half the size of the lion-like beast, who was hovering in mid air as if standing on a cloud.

 

The lion beast was giving the Azure wolf a death stare, as the wolf stared back with indomitable fighting spirit.

 

'???????'

 

I shuddered in terror as I saw this inconceivable scene, this wasn't supposed to happen. The Azure wolf, which is the leader of the whole wind wolf packs was fighting the supposed king of the forest the Thunder lion.

 

After all, the Thunder lion was a peak lv.100 life form according to the monster encyclopedia. Although lv.100 wasn't the limit normally, in this forest it was barely possible for such an existence to appear. Yet, the Azure wolf whose level was estimated to hover between lv.60~70 was provoking such a target that it shouldn't provoke normally…..

 

'There has to be a reason for this..'

 

Looking at them once more, I just realized. There indeed was something different, the Thunder lion had a cloud of dark black smog hovering around him, while his usually dark blue skin was starting to blacken.

 

On the other hand the thunder that crackled around him tried attacking and removing the dark mist, albeit to no avail. The circumstances of the thunder lion seemed quite weird, as if he was being affected or controlled by something.

 

However, as I came back to my senses, I decided to leave this forest as fast as possible.

 

As curious as I was, this wasn't a battle that I could participate in, my current stats was that of a normal lv.35~40 warrior, that was without counting that it wasn't concentrated on one individual stat, but was somewhat evenly distributed.

 

As such, with this limited battle strength I couldn't even fight the Azure wolf, let alone a freak like the Thunder lion.

 

Yet, trouble still came for me…..

 

'How could I be so unlucky???'

 

A group of 15~20 monsters was heading towards me. Normally, they wouldn't be much of a threat but they weren't normal ones.

 

A group of lighting beasts was charging straight at me with lightning leopards taking the lead, followed by lightning tigers!

 

I started fleeing using 'Swift steps' as fast as I could. Unfortunately, these were lightning beasts which excelled on agility before anything else….

 

After running for just 5 minutes, I was almost caught up with. So, faced with this situation, I could only come up with the best solution, that was to….. hide!

 

A cave with a small entrance was straight in front of me, this was my target. As I ran from the beasts, I didn't waltz around randomly, I had chosen this place as a last ditch effort.

 

Using 'Mental map' to locate this place, I ran straight to it from the beginning.

 

'Since you are faster than me, show me how you can go through this!'

 

I sprinted directly into the cave through the small entrance. The sound of the sprinting beasts vanished just before the entrance as silence pervaded.

29