Chapter 38 – Lightning!
2.6k 1 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 38 - Lightning!

 

I tightened my grip on the swords which seemed to be on the verge of falling off, as I dropped from the crushed part of the rock that I was lying in.

 

Honestly, if it weren't for 'Sword affinity' that made the swords attached to me, it would have been sent flying long ago.

 

>>>>

 

The Thunder lion's gaze suddenly changed as it realized that something wasn't right in that moment it was approaching its target.

 

The bug that it had to squash, suddenly became as powerful as its last opponent.

 

The bug's aura was no longer as weak as that of a bug, it was even approaching a height similar to that of its own.

 

It was as if the bug has shed off its cocoon and became something else….

 

Something much more powerful!

 

However, that still meant nothing, all it had on mind was to finish off this bug.

 

Well, it no longer could called a bug, it was currently qualified to be called a genuine opponent.

 

>>>>

 

The Thunder lion suddenly stopped its slow approach, before running towards me in a horrifying speed!

 

The same powerful paw was sent towards me, but this time it was different. I dodged to the back in a graceful manner before returning back the hit.

 

A stream of blood spurted out of the 'X' slash I made at its paw.

 

Roaaaaar

 

Another angry growl was sent by the Thunder lion….

 

However, this time it wasn't a normal one!

 

As if it was answering to the Thunder lion, the streaks of lightning that was surrounding it started struck at me.

 

ZAP...

 

It was too fast and surprising, that I didn't have the time to dodge

 

but, for some reason, it didn't hurt as much as I expected it to, it just felt like a painful sting, which reminded me of stings caused by touching fire momentarily….

 

[You have received a lightning attributed attack. However, as it is in accordance with your own attribute. The damage is reduced greatly!]

 

[You have acquired 'Lightning resistance' lv.1]

 

[Due to 'Lightning resistance' lv.1 & sufficiently high constitution, lightning damage is even more lessened!]

 

'Ah, so that was the reason?'

 

Only then did I remember that attribute section of status, it did indeed say that my attribute was lightning.

 

The Thunder lion looked at me with a weird gaze as if it was wondering what happened…

 

I thought that this was a good idea to run while it was confused, after all with my current agility running away wouldn't be hard.

 

'But in this situation, isn't it a guaranteed win for me?'

 

I was certainly capable of handling its physical attacks with my current stats. While its seemingly strongest attacks using lightning wasn't that effective on me.

 

Didn't this mean that the terrifying Thunder lion that was going to take my life a minute ago, was currently a lamb ready to be slaughtered?!

 

Besides, who knew if it would follow me to the village and harm its people?

 

'Hehe, is the time to finally take my revenge coming this fast?'

29