Chapter 39 – Tempering
2.6k 2 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 39 - Tempering

 

The tables have been turned.

 

It was time to give back the humiliation that I received at the start of  this fight.

 

Being able to slightly alternate between dodging and attacking, I was able to stretch the fight for an hour long.

 

Of course, my body was riddled with injuries. However, the Thunder lion was in an even worse state. He was covered in fresh blood that was still seeping from the countless sword scars dealt by me.

 

Originally, I thought that this was still going to be a very hard battle. Yet, although it was a very painful one, I was still capable of enduring and prolonging the fight.

 

The key point to this was stamina!

 

As I had just received a high boost to my constitution, it could be said that I was full of vigor. I simply felt that I could go on for one or two hours more.

 

On the other hand, the Thunder lion's great reserves of stamina were on the brink of running dry, why so?

 

It had already stretched itself for a battle that lasted a couple of days, so holding for an hour more was very exhaustive for it.

 

Roaaaaaar

 

Just then, the Thunder lion sent a stream of lightning towards me once again…..

 

>>>>

 

The Thunder lion couldn't understand.

 

Why was its hardly cultivated lightning incapable of damaging that human?

 

It had just chased that human directly after that long straining battle without resting as it couldn't let him get away.

 

It thought that it was going to end his life in a split second, before entering a long slumber to recover its wounds.

 

So, its physical performance wasn't at its peak. But that didn't really matter, since it had its trusty lightning, right?

 

Yet, it was once again proven wrong. Not only was his physical strength capable of prolonging the battle against its weakened self, but he also ignored its lightning attacks.

 

The lightning strikes were its strongest method of attacking and also its trump card. Nonetheless, it was still treated as if they were the stings of a bug!

 

It just couldn't tolerate that!

 

It decided to keep increasing the power of lightning till it affected that irritating human.

 

>>>>

 

Similar to the first time, the lightning was just too fast. As such, I couldn't even dream of avoiding it. At least not with my current agility.

 

This time, the pain I received was much higher, but not to the point of affecting my battle abilities.

 

However, it didn't stop at this, It was merely the beginning. Countless streams of lightning headed towards me all of a sudden.

 

I was practically bathing in lightning!

 

The intensity of the pain this time, was quite unbearable. If this continued I might even lose this battle.

 

['Lightning resistance' has reached lv.2]

 

['Lightning resistance' has reached lv.3]

 

['Lightning resistance' has reached lv.4]

 

.........

 

The pain started lessening and increasing, as my 'Lightning resistance' skill level increased, while the Thunder lion kept strengthening its lightning and sending even more streams.

 

[Your body is currently being tempered by the Lightning...]

[The body's impurities are being cleansed…..]

 

[Constitution +1]

[Constitution +1]

[Constitution +1]

[Strength +1]

[Constitution +1]

...….

 

[You have gained the qualification to achieve '??????? ????????'.]

 

['??????? ????????'conjuring is paused for now, as user is engaging in battle.]

My body started feeling lighter and lighter as I continued to resist the painful and overwhelming lightning.

 

The pain started lessening greatly at this point, though.

 

['Lightning resistance' has reached lv.8]

 

It completely stopped feeling painful at this point, it was just somewhat tickling my body.

 

On the side, the Thunder lion looked quite exhausted, as if it would faint at any second. Yet, it maintained the stream of lightning with unyielding determination.

 

'It is time to end this….'

 

I smiled, as I gripped [Lightning Cloud]. Meanwhile, the other sword was full of cracks under the continuous assault of lightning.

 

However, deserving of its name [Lightning Cloud] was even shining brightly in the midst of lightning, the feeling that was transmitted through the sword was as if it was enjoying it.

 

As stamina ran out from the Thunder lion, I used 'Swift steps' to dodge it incoming claw attack which slowed down greatly. As I headed straight for its beating heart, which I located through its sound with perception.

 

Thssssspck….Spurrrt

 

The Thunder lion went down as its heart was punctured through.

 

However, as I tried to absorb its blood essence while standing above its body. It didn't work for some reason…..

 

{HUMAN!}

 

'?!'

28