Chapter 48 – The emperor’s death
2.5k 3 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 48 - The emperor’s death

 

Lightning empire, the imperial palace.

 

Today, was a very happy day, when the palace was filled with joy to the prim. The old emperor whose life didn’t have much left had received a joyful gift.

 

He had received a grandchild!

 

The child of his 2nd son was born, and he was a boy.

 

The emperor held his grandson in his withering hands, as the child was sleeping, he kissed him on the cheek as a smile rarely enveloped his mouth.

 

He held the child in his embrace, as he said, “This child shall be called Ian, taking after the name of our empire’s ancestor!”

 

The child opened his eyes, as he smiled as if approving of the emperor’s naming, which made the emperor even more happier.

 

The 2nd prince who was standing beside his father’s bed said, “As you wish, my emperor!” while his wife nodded with a smile, showing her approval.

 

“Then it is all well, leave me alone with my grandson! ...cough... cough.”

 

The two princes expressed their concern of the emperor, but they were ultimately driven out of the room by the emperor, who wanted to use the little time he had to play with his little grandson…..

 

>>>>

 

Two years later……

 

The joyful lights of the imperial palace were all out…………..

 

The emperor’s life which persisted for the last two years against all doctors’ expectations, has truly met its end today.

 

Most say that the youngest prince was the reason that the emperor’s last days lasted longer and were also quite joyful. However, what happened today was like a nightmare that struck the whole castle.

 

The young prince was struck by lightning! While the emperor who was staying beside him in the imperial garden was shocked to death….

 

Surprisingly, the young prince was almost unscathed. However, the emperor had already passed away.

 

Rumors started spreading around, some said that the young prince was a bad omen who caused the emperor’s death, while others said that the prince was blessed for surviving that strike.

 

However, what happened after was another shocker. The 2nd prince who was supposed to take over the throne disappeared with his wife and the young prince, in the next day after the emperor died.

 

The 1st prince who gave up his right to the throne for the 2nd prince had to take over as the status of the second prince was unknown.

 

Which gave rise to even more outrageous rumors, to the point of pointing fingers towards the 2nd prince as the one who caused the death of the emperor….

 

>>>>

 

Thunder village, one year later…..

 

Rena, the 2nd prince’s wife watched her son playing around as he already started walking, while standing beside her husband.

 

“Theodore, was this truly the right choice to take?”

 

“Dear, the news we received were true, Ian was targeted by ‘them’, he would have already been dead if his constitution wasn’t special.”

 

“We still could have asked the palace for help instead…”

 

“We both know that ‘they’ wouldn;t be stopped with that, our son holds a greater destiny. We just need to lay low till its the right time to act.”

 

“I know, I just regret that Ian has to live his life away from his family, you even had to give up the throne.”

 

“It is alright, we both know that elder brother would do a better job than me. We just need to give Ian the time he needs……”

29