Chapter 49 – Zero
2.5k 1 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 49 - Zero

 

“Don’t go running around Ian!”

 

“It’s okay uncle Blue, I’m just going to try and surprise mom & dad”

 

I ran to the yard where the hunters of the village were being trained by my parents, as I wanted to surprise them by the new sword move that I had learned from uncle blue.

 

However, I was soon disappointed as the yard was completely empty…..

 

“Hmmm? Mom…. dad… where are you?!”

 

I ran to the training hall, while calling out to them, but silence was the only answer I received.

 

“Uncle Blue, mom & dad aren’t here, do you know where they went?”

 

“Where are all the trainees? Why is the whole place empty all of the sudden?!”

 

I started getting dizzy as if I were going to faint any minute now, the last thing I saw was uncle Blur’s bitter smile…..

 

>>>>

 

“Gasssp!”

 

I woke up to find myself in quite a familiar place, it was the white space that I was in at the very start of the game.

 

I looked around as my mind was quite puzzled, what in the world did I just experience?!

 

In my head where 3 sets of memories, if it was someone else they would suspect having split personality….

 

However, due to my originally photographic memory, I was able to get a hold of myself. Still, it was still a puzzle.

 

The most vivid memories of my life on earth, the memories of a young boy living a happy life with his family in Thunder village, and what seemed to be falsified memories of the village life which I received from the memory transfer.

 

I couldn’t help but have doubts, the memories I experienced where quite different from the memory transfer, not only in content, but also in the way I received them.

I had felt like I experienced a whole 13 years of life in quite the literal meaning, to the point of doubting which Ian I was. It was just that realistic.

 

Nonetheless, I still did gain some benefit out of this confusing experience, I was able to get a lot of knowledge about this world, I could even be considered a native based on it.

 

Still, I had to push that matter aside for now, all I should focus on now was moving forward. Hopefully, the questions I have will be answered eventually.

 

[Oh, you are finally awake?]

 

“Huh?”

 

I was once again hearing voices out of nowhere, was this a similar situation to the Thunder lion’s? Still, that voice was somewhat familiar...

 

[Oh yeah, you are probably confused. I’m system 000’s interactional AI, I don’t have a name yet, but you can call me Zero.]

 

“Ah, that’s why the voice was familiar. Still, why are you only speaking now? It was quite awkward to communicate with you before.”

 

[Well, that wasn’t me. It was the unified system AI, it’s designed to provide limited help to users 000~009 during the tutorial arc. As for me, I’m one of the rewards that you automatically receive as you complete the tutorial arc.]

 

[Which reminds me, would you like to view the rewards and evaluation now?]

28