Chapter 65 – Boss room?
2.2k 2 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 65 - Boss room?

 

A stream of information went into my head beside the small description screen, it was somewhat detailed information about what a corruption gate is, especially when compared to the little knowledge Long told me.

 

Corruption clouds would find a space inhibited by large group of creature, start by corrupting weak minded individuals of the community, drive them to either corrupt or kill others. In the end, when the strongest of that community gets corrupted, a corruption core would form by collecting the corrupted essence of the creatures who died in the corruption’s first advance.

 

The corruption core would then start terraforming the place and even turning it into an independent space, which can be accessed from a black cave like gate. The corrupted beings become soldiers who kill whoever enters turning them into corrupted minions, while the core accumulates their essence, though it stays in a secluded room in the deepest part of the gate protected by the strongest corrupted soldier, namely a corrupted king.

 

If the core isn’t destroyed before accumulating enough essence, the gate would flood out the corrupted to attack another area, turning the place into a danger zone.

 

Only then did I understand what did I accomplish by finishing off the corrupted thunder lion, or else that forest would have turned into a terrifying corruption gate, it would also unlikely to be a one or two floor one…. 

 

Then why would people enter this place and die to feed it with their essence? I’d say it’s ‘Birds die for food while humans …...’ but…. That’s a bit too cliche.

 

Anyway, once the corruption core is obtained and purified it would turn into a spatial tool that has tons of essence in it, a normal one-floor gate core’s price could go up to 10~100 gold.

 

Even if major forces prohibited entrance to these gates, the core would still accumulate essence on its own and explode sooner or later. So on the contrary, major forces encouraged what they called ‘Dark cave extermination’ to get rid of these seated time bombs.

 

Aso for the location I was currently at? Just outside of the room where the corrupted king and the corruption core resided, what most people call a ‘Boss Room’ in most games.

 

According to the information, this was a gate that was on the verge of explosion, so turning back right now wouldn’t be a right option

 

[ Time till outer invasion ] : [ 59m: 1s ]

 

The best choice right now was to slay the boss and stop the core, only then would I be teleported out of the gate automatically while stopping a local disaster from breaking out.

 

I summoned [ Lightning Cloud ] as I unhesitantly pushed the small door open and stepped inside…

 

>>>>

 

A small pillar holding a large pitch black orb, and to its front there was a black throne with a black heavy armored knight holding a greatsword seated on it. Everything was completely black, and it would have been hard to see anything if not for Long’s light.

 

 [ Activating ‘Eye of knowledge’.... ]

 

[ ‘Death Knight’ Lv33

 

Strength: 9.9

Constitution: 8.33

Agility: 5.29

Intelligence: 0.1 

 

Special skill: 

‘Military Swordsmanship’ Lv.9

‘Sword smash’ Lv.3

‘Night Vision’ Lv.10 ]

 

Thump!

 

‘OP skill?...’

 

Other than giving me detailed info about this place it even allowed less limited appraisal of opponent, all I could say was that it was deserving of its unique rank…

 

The death knight which seemed to have noticed me stood up from his throne as he flashed towards me. Normal perception wouldn’t be able to spot him, his agility was great. However, compared to mine it was a bit lacking.

 

Just as he was less than 0.1m away, he seemed to be using ‘Sword smash’ to finish me in one hit, I simply dodged to the side, delivering a sword strike supported by Thunder vibration!

25