Chapter 71 – Fate
2k 4 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 71 - Fate

 

‘A reward, huh?’

 

I was pretty well off with my current wealth anyway, so I wasn’t really in dire need of such reward. However, there were stuff that can only be gained by connections and not money, besides it was a freebie anyway, there was no need to refuse it.

 

“Well, I have got several requests but these would be stuff you won’t be able to do anyway, so there is only 2 things that I’m after right now.”

 

“Sure, do tell.”

 

“First thing would be books, what I want is knowledge! Either you give me access to places with better books than the ones the public can reach or directly grant me a book of such importance…..”

 

“Secondly, in the case you are incapable of that, then just let me rent me some comfortable lodging within the city for 2 months or so.”

 

“Father…..”

 

“I know Grace, this can’t be just a coincidence….”

 

“Follow me! I got just the place for you.”

 

The governor sprung up Grace in tow, I hastily followed them leaving the twins behind.

 

‘Sigh’

 

I was a little bit disappointed, but I guess asking for rare books or access to them might have been too much….

 

>>>>

 

In just 5 minutes, we arrived in front of a somewhat luxurious shack, it looked more like a normal house, but it was a bit smaller.

 

However, as soon as we went inside, I was shocked! This was more of a library than a house. Though it wasn’t like Drake’s bookhouse, which was only suitable for reading, it was still a fully functional house.

 

“This was the house of a great man, when I was facing a certain problem that may have caused the destruction of the city, he appeared out of nowhere and gave me a single advice which changed everything, allowing the city to tread over that dilemma.”

 

“Thankfully, I found him soon after he disappeared again, and gave him the offer I just gave you after he completely refused to be appointed as my adviser.”

 

“His answer was ‘I just want a place to settle for a bit and read my books’, as strange as half of his request was, I still agreed to it, leading this house to be built.”

 

“However, after merely three months, he suddenly disappeared once again, leaving all of his books within the house, only leaving a note, ‘let the pay be the same, knowledge is for those who seek it’....”

 

“As enigmatic as it was, I didn’t quite get what he meant till now, only after I calmed down today that I strangely remembered his note and understood the first part…. And after hearing your request, it was all revealed to me. So from now on, you can stay in this place as long as you want! Just remember to take care of these books…”

 

Grace was also silently listening, it seemed like she had the same thoughts as her father.

 

“Well… I’m not sure what that man wanted to convey through this, but if he is truly the person you say he is then his book collection must be quite exotic, I shall thank you beforehand!”

 

“No need! I was just a messenger, I believe all of that was simply fate!”

 

And so, I settled earlier than expected as I decided to stay for now as I had much to think about, though Grace promised to take me in a tour around the city tomorrow.

26