Chapter 94 – Guard
1.7k 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 94 - Guard

 

As soon as I woke up, I found Grace seated beside my sleeping bag along with Tia and Tie, looking at me with a determined face.

 

“Oh, good morning.”

 

“We have decided! Please act as our support!”

 

It turned out that Grace who didn’t actually feel comfortable to be carried through their raid, found this much better as soon as she gave it a thought, while the twins, especially Tie, who was looking at me with admiring eyes, agreed with whatever Grace and I decided on.

 

“Well then, since that’s the case, let’s set off!”

 

After taking care of some minor preparations, we headed out to the Gate in another carriage that had no escort. Which was quite reasonable as having them clear the dungeon themselves would prove far more efficient, if they were truly that free.

 

`~~`~~`~~`

 

The 1 day we spent travelling was quite smooth sailing as we didn't encounter any danger along the way, shortening the time needed from 1.5~2 days to 1 day only.

 

[ ‘Green village Corruption gate' (one-floor)

 

Status: Active

 

Current location: outside the gate ]

 

[ Time till outer invasion ] : [ 8d: 6h: 35m:46s ]

 

I checked the details of the gate using ‘Eye of Knowledge’ as soon as we stood outside that cave like gate entrance.

 

The names of the gates were probably something that was related to how that habitat was before it got corrupted, so maybe this place was some sort of farmer village before?

 

Anyway, after they were finally geared up, it was time to organize our course of clearing this gate. While I did have some experience, that was only a solo clear, besides I was already teleported to the boss room back then, but I could still proudly say that I’d at least be capable of guiding them!

 

While the whole 5 months or so that I spent in the game were mostly solo related, I spent a great deal of time back then studying and analysing the wind wolves’ combat formations. I have also read some basic formations back on earth once, while some of this knowledge was also from the library in starry night city.

 

However, that was also not that shocking after all, I didn’t have that much ability to guide this team into a flawless raid, and any good party leader could perform at the same level as my guiding easily. So, where did my confidence come from…?

 

Strength! Countless geniuses have died easily due to making amateurish mistakes, and mainly having no combat experience would be the reason, so most wealthy families that had descendants with great potentials would hire guards with great power at greater costs to act as a life line, saving their geniuses from near death encounters.

 

So, my way of paying back what they helped me with, was to act in this role for this sole gate, acting as a leader was just a bonus to allow me to easily help them in dangerous moments.

 

`~~`~~`~~`

 

We soon entered the gate, in full preparation, Grace was holding her mace as before, while the twins wore gloves enchanted with fire monster cores, while I was holding a normal spear while keeping a bow on my back, I would normally leave my weapons inside the ring for fast retrieval, but as spatial rings were far more precious, I couldn’t show them that I had such a tool.

 

I was mostly going to use long range weapons to support from the rear while instructing them on their attacking methods. After walking 5 minutes in, we saw our first monster wandering around….

 

However, this monster didn’t look like a human like monster according to my expectations, it was still a humanoid monster but it had green skin and was far shorter than normal humans.

 

It was a goblin…...

 

- 1st chapter of today! Enjoy!

- I know that the release rate has been quite off this week as I was a bit busy lately, but fret not! today would be a triple release to make up for the two missing chapters!

17