Chapter 111 – One week later…..
1.8k 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 111 -  One week later…..

 

[ You have absorbed the blood essence of a corrupted 'Monster Fox', purification in progress….. ] 

 

[ You have received 163,571 EP! ]

 

[ You have leveled up! ]

 

[ You have reached level 36! ]

 

One week has already passed since the orc gate clear, it went smoothly as I thrashed whatever monster I met, however, other than the boss being lv50, and finding a large number of grade-one corrupted crystals, there was no such thing as an elemental monster or a double boss.

 

In order not to arouse suspicion, I didn't head to the next gate assigned for the team after, as I still stuck to my original plan. After clearing two more gates, I headed there and found that the gate was almost an identical clone of the earlier gate, and the only difference was that it housed Elder orcs instead whose levels varying between 40~50 with the boss having a level of 60. 

 

By the time I finished this gate I already had a whopping total of over 1000 grade-one corrupted crystals!

 

Of course, after its purification, they degraded into grade-zero crystals….

 

Grade-zero crystals was the grade given to fragmented grade-one crystals, and was the most common type of elemental crystals, only the wealthy sects and nobility would have a supplying mine with grade-one crystals and higher. Still, grade-zero crystals were still able to provide me an increase of 0.01~0.008 points per crystals which meant that it was as precious as 200~180 grade-one crystals, so it wasn’t a bad harvest overall.

 

I also wasn’t slacking off with my absorption, though I had less time to use since the difficulty of the gates kept increasing. 

 

[ • Stats : 

 

Dual-element: 8.89 ( Lightning, Thunder )

 

Unassigned stat points: 11.76 ]

 

On the other hand, with only two days left for me before I had to return to the camp, I canceled one of the gates that I planned to clear, in preparation for the supposedly hardest gate we had on our party map.

 

After all, with the steady increase of the monsters’ levels in these specific gate, one truly couldn’t predict how powerful the monster he would meet inside and how much time would be needed to clear the gate, it was good to be cautious after all….

 

I proceeded to clean the cave I took as my base and remove my stuff, it would be stupid to leave evidence of my stay here in case my suspicions came to be true.

 

`~~`~~`~~`

 

Reaching the last location, after almost 6 hours of traveling, I stayed hidden behind a large rock while catching my breath and drinking some water, I immediately flashed in the gate.

 

I threw an inspection first after I didn't encounter any monsters at the border of the gate like the last two ones, confirming the date of the gate eruption.

 

[ 'Savage highlands Corruption gate' (one-floor)

 

Status: Active ]

 

[ Time till outer invasion ] : [ 16d: 1h: 11m:12s ]

 

Just the name of the gate was intimidating enough, I progressed forward with caution until I encountered my first monster.

 

A 4 meters tall hideous green creature with fangs protruding from both upper and lower sides of its mouth, holding a large club.

 

It was an …..

 

[ ‘Ogre warrior’ lv.58 ]

 

  • I probably won't be releasing a chapter for the next 1 or 2 days since I would be quite busy as well as taking a small break for myself, in any case, the chapters missed in these two days would be compensated when I have time as usual, so no worries, cheers!
17