Chapter 115 – Terrain
1.6k 5 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 115 - Terrain

 

Being true to its name ‘Savage highlands’, this gate was vastly different from the inside, it was at least 10 times more vast than the biggest gates I cleared before, it was full of mountains and hills, which was almost perfect as a habitat for the vicious species called ‘Highlander Ogres’.

 

It was mostly due to the difference in space that made me use two whole days just to reach the boss room, but in any case, the terrain change helped train my ‘Combat Analysis’ skill even more, this gate was a treasure chest overall!

 

So, I didn’t really know what type of terrain to expect inside the boss room, but it shouldn’t be very detrimental as long as I utilized ‘Combat Analysis’ to its maximum potential.

 

I slowly pushed the door open, only to find a vast space that made it wrong to call ‘room’ anymore, consisting of a high hill overseeing a flat land. The corruption core was strangely embedded in the center of the hill’s face, and the boss was…..

 

[ ‘Ogre Patriarch’ lv.96 ]

 

A six-meters tall ogre, holding no weapon but his own fists and legs sitting cross-legged at the highest point of the hill as if it were waiting for me, it slowly opened its eyes before suddenly standing up and jumping without any warnings, finally letting out a war cry….

 

“Kraaaaahhh!”

 

It stood still 5 meters to my front for several seconds, allowing me to do a quick analysis.

 

[ Activating 'Eye of knowledge'.... ]

 

[ 'Ogre Patriarch' Lv96

 

Strength: 20.39

Constitution: 16.99

Agility: 12.46

Intelligence: 0.6 

 

Special skills: 

'Brutal fist' Lv.10

'Blessing of Fire' Lv.6 ]

 

As expected of a lv.96 beast!

 

Its strength had already surpassed the highest peak I have ever reached when I used ‘Overcame’ to face the thunder lion…

 

Thump!

 

I quickly dodged to the side as I felt my perception going nuts, but in the end, I was still blown over!

 

Kaboom!

 

The sound of the explosion sounded out in my ears, as I finally realised what had happened, I was blown away merely from the impact caused by the hit….!

 

This obviously meant one thing, if I took a similar hit head-on then my only fate would be death…

 

Unlike the Thunder lion which was playing with me like a bug before, blasting me away, the ogre’s fist was out for the kill, the killing intents that exuded from its fists were suffocating me.

 

Swooshhh! Kaboom! Swisshh! Kaboooom!

 

‘This won’t do…’

 

I was already partly injured from the first two attacks’ impact, barely gaining some distance from the last hit, but at this pace, I wouldn’t even be able to land an attack!

 

I was being swept up, losing all initiatives as I just become some sort of a ‘dodger’, however, deep inside I was still using ‘Combat Analysis’ to find the correct moment to launch a counter-attack.

 

‘Now!’

 

As the ogre’s fists penetrated too deeply after his last hit, the large crater slowed him up as he was initiating his next attack, giving me a great chance..!

 

I swapped my sword form to its great sword form and applied ‘Weapon Reinforcement’ and all my swordsmanship concepts, finally adding in the halved effect of ‘Lightning & Thunder body art’.

 

This was almost the strongest attack I could deliver with my current abilities, I went for the heart position and thrust head on..yet!

 

The attack stopped half-way inside the ogre’s body just before it reached its heart as it body shone, showing fiery tattoos that covered its whole body, I hurriedly retreated as fast as I could!

 

  • Enjoy!
  • A ( not so sure ) cat fact: some cats are able to find a mysterious place in the undercarriage of some cars to sleep or laze in.
15