Chapter 116 – ‘Blessing of Fire’
1.5k 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 116 - 'Blessing of Fire'

 

“KRAAAAHHHH”

 

The ogre’s cry resounded in the whole ‘room’ as the fiery tattoos shined all-over its body, this was obviously due to the activation of 'Blessing of Fire'.

 

It looked like a normal skill of some sort, but its actual origin was something that I was quite familiar with….

 

It was just another form of ‘Primeval Elemental practice’!

 

The very first elementally gifted monsters didn’t directly receive a legacy technique for them to master their element, it was either a fragmented information or a broken memory, in short, they mostly received incomplete inheritance at the very beginning.

 

This led to the monsters developing very primeval techniques to respond and interact with their element, that of course included the broken form of elemental strengthening that the battle apes were using, and also the true identity of ‘Blessing of Fire’.

 

‘Blessing of Fire’ could be considered as one of the most advanced primeval forms of techniques as it took strengthening to a higher level, it was still unable to allow the monster to form their elemental core and wield their elements similar to how we humans are able to. However, it advanced the user’s physical abilities to a certain peak, and gave them a certain level of elemental resistance as well.

 

All these factors led to the monsters who were using the ‘Blessing’ series being capable of contending with actual elemental users to a certain degree….

 

[ 'Ogre Patriarch' Lv96

 

Strength: 20.39 (+2)

Constitution: 16.99 (+3)

Agility: 12.46

Intelligence: 0.6 

 

Special skills: 

'Brutal fist' Lv.10

'Blessing of Fire' Lv.6 (Activated) ~1h29m49sleft~ ] 

 

As expected, just as the tattoos shined to show their brilliance, it was also reflected on the stats of the ogre patriarch, causing him to reach an even higher ‘must be avoided’ level, but in fact this was also good news for me.

 

The ‘Blessing’ series was considered as one of the most impressive and even as the peak of physical strengthening ability column, but in fact, it had a very unavoidable weakness….

 

It was still a kind of ‘Berserk’ ability!

 

It wasn’t an ability that could be sustained for several hours, it depended on the user’s mastery of the skill and how far was he close to fire element particles, and most importantly, the user would be severely weakened as one as his certain activation period ended!

 

This way, for me, it would turn into a simple battle of speed and stamina, and I dare say that this only made it much easier for me. Even when I was just an ounce away of piercing its heart, the ogre patriarch’s heart being pierced didn’t necessarily mean I won the battle, after all the ogre species’ recovery abilities was inherited from trolls!

 

So, my strike which had lost most of its piercing ability just by passing through its resilient skin and muscles wouldn’t be capable of insta-killing it, it would actually just turn into a battle of exchanging close injuries.

 

However, now that it activated this ability, I no longer needed to worry about how to deliver more damaging attacks to it and search for openings, I only needed to focus on evading wholeheartedly!

 

While my agility stat was a little lower than the ogre’s, I had other abilities to compensate for that difference and go well above it, just using either ‘Swift steps’ or relying on my physique’s speed enhancement it wouldn’t be hard to achieve complete-evasion if I focused on it.

 

As for how I would maintain my stamina for the activation time? To me this was simply a matter of burning money!

 

An elemental practitioner that has already passed the elemental strengthening stage were capable of using elements from the surroundings to compensate for food and rest, but the absorption rate at the second stage was two slow for one to be able to quickly replenish his stamina through this method.

 

On the other hand, one could use elemental crystals or monster cores to do the same in a more efficient manner, but it was still hard to do during battle as one would have to divide his concentration. So, this method became some sort of a trump card in the hands of users with exceptional mental energy or some sort of ‘special elemental trait’, having almost an endless stamina as long as they had enough crystals to burn.

 

As such, while I still didn't possess such exceptional abilities, I still had the most efficient method of absorption, it was the system privilege of a player!

 

  • A chapter after a (somewhat) long waiting! Enjoy!
  • So.. yeah, I know I have been messing up with my schedule lately, but that was mostly do to me being busy with intern stuff related to Uni which I can't do much about. then again, the good news is that it's supposedly going to be done by the end of the week.
  • So, for people who have been upset about the lowered 7ch/w, rejoice! as I plan to return to the old schedule 9ch/w( at least for the following month until Uni starts ), cheers!
16