Chapter 129 – Boom
1.4k 7 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 129 - Boom

 

I walked further and further till I vanished from the vicinity of the camp, only then did I activate my ‘Body of Elements’ and dash forward like a cannonball. Of course, I had already switched my attire to my own executioner uniform.

 

I started accelerating forward more and more as to test the limit of my current agility as well as to guide the assassin farther from the camp and and closer to my next destination, the lightning empire!

 

BOOM!

 

A loud sound could be heard echoing through the vast plains, and beyond my expectations, this was not a normal boom, it was a literal sonic boom!

 

I wasn’t capable of calculating my own m/s speed so I didn't know how far I was from approaching till now, but this time I truly broke the sound barrier which meant I had already surpassed the speed of sound!

 

At this point I truly reached the limits of my speed, after all, speed was still the hardest ability that one could improve on, especially once one had already reached the speed of sound….

 

[ Your managed to break the sound barrier, reaching the true speed of Thunder, achieving an astounding feat! ]

 

[ You have acquired the title ‘Thunder Breaker’! ]

 

[ Achievement ‘Sonic Boom’ recorded. ]

 

[ The Thunder elements within your body are in harmony, your ability to use thunder elements has increased greatly. ]

 

[ The Thunder elements within your body are attracting the Thunder elements around you… ]

 

[ Your Dual-Element has increased by 1! ]

 

[ Your Dual-Element has increased by 0.64! ]

 

[ Your Dual-Element has in…. ]

 

[ ‘Thunder Immunity’ has leveled up! ]

 

[ ‘Thunder Immunity’ has leveled up! ]

 

…..

 

[ ‘Thunder Immunity’ has reached lv.10! ]

 

I felt as if my body was being embraced by some sort of power, elevating my speed even more...

 

[ 'Thunder Breaker'

 

Title effect:  - The speed amplification effect of Thunder elements increases by 10%. ]

 

Though the increase in speed was negligible it still meant that I progressed more beyond the sound barrier, it was quite a refreshing feeling to move at such speed, of course, that was only if your body could handle it.

 

However, I suddenly stopped running abruptly abandoning the refreshing sensation that I was enjoying just now, standing still after breaking down my speed using overwhelming strength.

 

‘He bit it.’

 

The dark assassin had entered my ‘Sensory Area’!

 

He was speeding towards me as I spotted him, yes, I could finally see him. He was totally clad in black to the point that even his eyes were covered, it seemed that he relied on his other senses to move around and fight.

 

He held a slender longsword in one hand, as I could see his dark outfit had countless dark daggers attached to it, his fighting style seemed to consist of using his sword for close assassination followed by dagger throwing in the long range using his other hand, which seemed like a very peculiar assassination style, especially the longsword which seemed incompatible compared to how assassins normally used short swords for close fatality.

 

Yet, even though something seemed wrong with him, judging from his stats and abilities he used the day before, he was actually strong enough to assassinate strong opponents like the Thunder lion if he got close enough!

 

Judging from this point, it turned out that the only reason I wasn’t killed when I came out unprepared from the gate, was that he wasn’t planning to kill me just yet.

 

If I knew all of these factors and found out a way to locate him yesterday, I may have only been able to fight him while taking the risk that I might die at any moment….

 

However, at this point, such contemplation was truly unneeded, after all, to the current me, the Thunder lion… was no longer an opponent.

 

Snap!

 

  • Today's later chapter, enjoy.
  • as a side note, do you think I should start using abbreviation from some skills and abilities (i.e BoE for 'Body of Elements' ) or would it be alright to keep it as it is?
17