Chapter 144 – Begin
1.3k 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 144 - Begin

 

“Woah, it’s really tall!”

 

The red haired man seemed to have the mentality of a 15 year old boy as he stared at the sky piercing tower with amazement… err, it wasn’t right to call it a tower, it looked more like some sort of an obelisk.

 

This ‘tower’ was actually located at the royal garden, which was quite approximate to the royal palace. As the Trial Tower of the Lightning Empire, it was only used by the royal family itself or the Lightning Knight Brigade.

 

It could only be opened twice every 5 years, the major opening and the minor opening every fifth year were the only time that the tower would actually have visitors.

 

The major opening allowed the entrance of 5 persons, they would either be people from the royal family or people recommended by someone from the royal palace. The minor opening, which allowed the entrance of 3 instead, was reserved for the new candidates of the Brigade as the strongest power under the command of the Emperor himself!

 

Even then a total of 16 individuals having access every 10 years was considered quite well off as most towers only allowed 6~10 entrances per decade…

 

“... So, without further ado please proceed and enter the tower according to your ranking order!”

 

The brigade head who just finished telling us this information finally announced our entrance into the tower, of course, I was only ranked 3rd as I didn’t actually participate in the recruitment itself, so I was the last person to approach the small door-like opening which I could only see darkness beyond it.

 

Woosh!

 

As soon as I put my feet inside, I got struck by a familiar sensation that I usually felt when I destroyed corruption cores as I vanished on the spot.

 

`~~`~~`~~`

 

[ Welcome to the tower of ‘Inheritance’! ]

 

[ The inheritance trial will start in 10 minutes… ]

 

‘Oh…’

 

To my surprise, I was greeted by a voice different than the system’s voice as a similar screen also appeared before my eyes, it seemed like this tower had something similar to an AI operating it, I wanted to ask Long who should be resting inside the ring, but I realized that not only my ring had disappeared, but my mask and leather armor have vanished as I was standing in the middle of nowhere with only basic clothes on.

 

The area around me looked like a black void that expanded everywhere, I couldn’t pick up anything even by using ‘Omni-viewing Eye’...

 

At this point, my suspicion of the so called ‘tower’ in the royal garden was confirmed, this wasn’t a true building, it was most likely a spatial transfer tool that is connected to this place, otherwise, it was probably a consciousness separating tool that operated on the mental level…

 

[ The inheritance trial starts now. ]

 

[ you are now located at Level 0 of the trial. ]

 

[ Level Zero Trial Mission: display all your combat abilities to survive ( Time limit: 1 Hour ) ]

 

[ Trial Enemy: Body status set at the normal human limit ( Immortal ) ]

 

[ Mission Explanation: You are to use all of your combat abilities to survive against an immortal enemy that will revive every time you kill it.

 

Note 1: using all of your abilities is to determine the ‘Inheritance’ that you will be tested to receive at the following levels.

 

Note 2: the minimum requirement to qualify for the next level is killing the enemy once, the longer you survive and the amount of kills you get will determine the Highest level that you can get access to. ]

 

[ Begin! ]

 

Suddenly, a body started to materialize before me, which only took a split second to take shape.

 

The so called enemy looked at me as I was slightly shocked as I wondered if I was looking at a mirror instead… this enemy totally looked like my doppelganger?!

 

  • Here's today's chapter, enjoy.
17