Chapter 145 – Illusion
1.2k 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 145 - Illusion

 

A broadsword suddenly materialized in the hand of the other me as he dashed towards me, quickly going for the kill.

 

I easily avoided the slash with ‘Lightning steps’ as I quickly analyzed the situation…

 

First, the enemy, although he looked like my clone, his battle style was quite simple and different from mine as he only used basic sword techniques, albeit having trained them to a perfect stage, his stats should be well within the limit of 10~12 at the very most according to my observation and the announcement from the tower ‘AI’, so dealing with him should be quite an easy task.

 

As for the mission itself, it didn’t seem hard as the enemy wasn’t that overpowered, so there has got to be a catch or else, killing him several times till the time limit of one hour passes by seemed too easy…

 

‘As for weapons…’

 

Putting the fact that I entered here with nothing, and my enemy getting a weapon out of nowhere…

 

Woosh! 

 

As soon as I thought about wanting a sword, a sword materialized in my hands in a similar way to how it appeared in the hands of Ian.02, my enemy.

 

‘In that case…’

 

A spear suddenly appeared in my other hand as well, after these two tests, it was only right to confirm that I should be able to get any weapon I can think of!

 

This made me a little more assured, after all, even though I could rely on my body technique to kill him, it would be too troublesome to finish of a human with his stats set at an average of 10 points, killing him once or twice shouldn’t pose much trouble but my stamina would be a bit too limited to use the body art as a killing technique for 1 whole hour.

 

With that in mind, I immediately infused my sword energy to my sword, enhancing its killing ability, an ability only possible for me to use thanks to ‘Weapon Mastery’s effect, having my sword energy surpass E rank to E+, and being able to use a weakened version of the ‘WEapon reinforcement of Tier-4 Sword Masters.

 

Light evading steps of lightning and a clean slash to the neck was all it took to send Ian.02’s head flying.

 

[ You have successfully killed your enemy once. ]

 

[ You have obtained the qualification to move on to the next level, would you like to initiate transfer now? ]

 

“No…”

 

[ Immediate transfer refused… Level 0 mission resumes. ]

 

As soon as the voice vanished, Ian.03 materialized following the disappearance of Ian.02, imitating his behavior as he dashed towards me with a sword in hand.

 

‘Are these really my clones? Should I call him Ian.021 instead? Heh.’

 

Laughing the close resemblance of their nature off, I decided to do the same myself, using my same killing action to finish Ian.03 off, but…

 

‘Huh?’

 

As my longsword neared his neck, it simply passed through as if it were an illusion that didn’t truly exist…

 

Immediately retreating to avoid the sword slash that almost got me, I wondered what did this notion simply mean, did it mean that I should have just accepted the transfer and moved on? What about the fact that getting a higher kill count and manifesting more abilities would make me qualify for high… wait a sec!

 

Didn’t the mission itself put great emphasis on using all ‘Combat abilities’...?  

 

  • Here is today's chapter, enjoy.
17