Chapter 147 – Inheritance Test
1.3k 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 147 - Inheritance Test

 

[ ‘Lightning Steps’ has leveled up! ]

 

[ Time limit have been reached! ]

 

[ End of the Level 0 mission, calculating your evaluation… ]

 

Thump!

 

I collapsed to the floor as Ian.21 who was giving me a death stare as he slashed his sword towards me finally vanished.

 

It was unexpectedly annoying to have a weak yet unkillable target chase you to death, especially if that target had your own face and somehow had unlimited stamina due to the test’s purpose, but in the end, I was still able to level up ‘Lightning Steps’ so it wasn’t that bad.

 

[ survival time: 1H (Time-Limit)

 

Kill count: 19…

 

Evaluation grade: ??? ]

 

[ Maximum qualification obtained! ]

 

[ Would you like to proceed to the next level? ]

 

“Yes.”

 

Maximum qualification didn’t exactly mean that I was guaranteed to get the best classes, but I should be able to get a high ranking class at least…

 

[ Initiating transfer… ]

 

My vision turned black before it changed to a similar void but instead of being surrounded by a black space, it was now white.

 

[ Searching for suitable Level 1 Inheritance… ]

 

[ Suitable Level 1 inheritances:

 

  1. Swordsman
  2. Spearman
  3. Archer
  4. Axe Fighter
  5. Hammer Wielder
  6. Martial Artist 

 

- You can choose to attempt these following Inheritance tests or move to the next Level… ]

 

A list of names that seemed like generic game classes, as this were still level one classes, it was quite obvious to assume they were normal ranked classes...

 

“I won’t be able to move to the next level, if I try one of these?”

 

I wondered if this tower ‘AI’ would be capable of interaction as I asked, after all, I wanted to try these tests first if possible to prepare myself in a better way when I attempt the ones at the higher level.

 

Of course, if I didn't get an answer I would just enter the next level as to avoid being too cautious only to end up gaining a trash class…

 

[ You will not lose your qualification to enter the next Level by taking the following tests, you will receive an Inheritance tag every time you pass a test, and as long as you don’t activate the tag to receive its Inheritance, you can still proceed forward… ]

 

“Oh.”

 

This theoretically meant that attempting all tests was also possible, but who would attempt this long list unless he was bored out of his mind? At least I wasn’t going to try more than once for no reason, the level 0 mission was already annoying enough…

 

“Then I would like to attempt the swordsman’s test.”

 

[ Inheritance test ‘Swordsman’ chosen… ]

 

[ Level One Inheritance test (Swordsman): defeat your enemy once. ]

 

[ Test Enemy: 

 

  1. Body status set at the normal human limit.
  2. Possession of ‘Swordsman’ Inheritance. ]

 

[ Begin! ]

 

Another Ian clone appeared, or it’s more suitable to call it Sword Ian as it was already holding a broadsword in hand…

 

However, unlike Ian.02~21 who seemed like perfect sword newbies and dashed to attacked me the moment they materialized, Sword Ian adjusted his stance first before staring at me for several seconds, only then did he make a move.

 

‘He is different…’

 

His staring act was obviously trying to fish out my weak points, if the previous Ians were just great infantry soldiers who just came out of training, then Sword Ian was basically a veteran swordsman who fought in countless fight and had abundant experience.

 

‘Not that it’s gonna change anything though.’

 

I nonchalantly avoided the skillful sword attack delivered to my neck as I summoned a sword…

 

Klang!

 

The head of Sword Ian which fell to the floor seemed to make a loud sound as if it was hitting a floor made of steel.

 

Though Sword Ian was at least twice as strong as Ian.02 and his sword wielding seemed to match someone who was at least at Tier-3 peak, to me he was still an easy target.

 

It seemed like a pointless fight, but at least I got a grasp of how these inheritance tests worked, it had a simple concept as well, I just had to have enough battle capability to beat a peak human who received this ‘Inheritance’ or the class’s benefits as well as had enough foundation to wield it, either that or I was just fighting a clone of the one who left the ‘Inheritance’ himself.

 

Either way it was quite obvious that next level tests would have more overpowering capabilities, so it obviously meant that I would have to focus on finishing them off first before they would be able to display their peak capabilities, or at least that was the easiest way to go through these tests if I don’t want to gamble with my chances…

 

[ You have successfully finished the Inheritance test (Swordsman)! ]

 

[ You have obtained an Inheritance tag (Swordsman) ]

 

[ You have obtained an inheritance fragment! ] (system)

 

[ 'Omni-Mastery' lv4 unlocking +1% ] (system)

 

‘Oh! I guess now I have a reason to…’

 

  • Here's today's chapter, enjoy.
17