Autumn Banquet in Lantern Palace
41 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            Aster went around the Lantern Palace to see the preparation of Autumn Banquet. This was his first autumn banquet under the name of Grand Duchy Stormhill after he was trapped for two years in the golden palace.

            Aster took some time to look at the decorations under lantern dome. The dome was decorated with soft, silky curtains to compliment the now yellow and brownish plants that covered it. The lanterns were tested so they won’t malfunction when the banquet started, and the servants seemed to be busy, though they still lowered their head whenever Aster passed by.

            Aster looked at the overall atmosphere in this dome, it was very mellow and romantic. Somehow, it evoked his memories of his life in golden palace, during autumn, he would be seeing the golden palace autumn banquet, which was usually held a month after grand duchy’s autumn banquet. He wasn’t banned from joining in, but he refused to. Because Uncle Emperor forbid him to represent his grand duchy. He wasn’t even allowed to wear his grand duchy’s official sash.

            He hated party, of course. But what he hated more was the fact that his grand duchy didn’t partake during the palace autumn banquet for two years. Which was a great shame to any houses, because it was a direct insult to their sovereignty.

            ‘More like… we were banned for joining in.’

            Aster gritted his teeth. He loved his grand duchy, because he knew how hard it was to manage a giant house under the pressure of many political enemies and people who tried to take advantage of you.

            Aster heard how people slandered his grand duchy, saying that his duchy was just a lawless market, a profit whore, a duchy with no dignity and only focusing on money, a house without any real power.

            There was an urge to order Jain to kill those useless nobles, but after he calmed down, he knew that it was simply not worth the trouble.

            Living in the golden palace was a torture for him, he constantly missed his grand duchy, his parents and his…

            Aster glanced at Ramuja who seemed to be mesmerized by the mellow decoration. Aster’s gaze softened and his golden circle dilated slightly.

            “Do you like the decoration? I designed it personally,” Aster said.

            “Y—Yes! It is amazing, Young lord!” Ramuja said, while being enthralled by such beautiful dome.

            “Well, it should be, because this is the first autumn banquet since we were separated back then,” Aster smiled, “I have to make it special… for someone special.”

            Ramuja didn’t hear it clearly as he was still gazing at those autumn lanterns. Aster smiled, he knew that his servant was easy to impress. Normally, he would be mad when someone ignored him. But to this man… he didn’t even have slightest bit of annoyance in his heart.

            Aster poked Ramuja’s cheek with his finger and startled Ramuja, “Y—Yes, Young Lord!”

            Aster chuckled, “Well, it’s nothing, but you should be ready because there will be a lot of people tonight.”

            “Understood, Young Lord,” Ramuja nodded silently. Then, he lowered his head, he was still guilt ridden by the fact that he lied to Young Lord. Yet, Young Lord seemed to be very innocent and trusted him so much.

            ‘Young Lord, can I… indulge in your kindness for some time?’

            ‘I am a terrible person, Young Lord. I’m sorry…’

            Seeing Ramuja lowered his head silently made Aster raised his brows, but he concluded that Ramuja was just shy. Aster ordered Ramuja to get ready for the banquet and washed himself. After Ramuja left, he called Jain, “Jain, did you see any of my listed nobles coming to Dionde City?”

            “This subordinate had my disciples searching through the city and found none of those people inside this city, Young Lord,” Jain reported.

            “Including Crown Prince and his fiancé, Helene?”

            “No, Young Lord. If Crown Prince is within the city, the guard would be alerted because of his high position, but it seemed that he is not coming for today’s banquet.”

            “I see, then you should keep an eye. None of those people should be allowed to enter this palace,” Aster warned Jain. Jain nodded and then disappeared instantly.

            Aster silently staring down at the preparation of this autumn banquet, he still needed time to build connections with nobles after Aunt Empress’ death. If those pests, including Charles, attended this banquet, then he would need to compete with him in order to win those nobles’ supports.

***

            Aster checked his suit for today’s autumn banquet. A mellow brown vest with gold leaf embroidery, he had thin dark shirt under the vest. He put on leather pants and dark boots. He combed his wavy hair back, so his face and all its features were prominent, giving a beautiful, striking look.

            Aster took a small, diamond earring and put it on his left ear, the sign of young adult noble in Golden Camellia Empire. He smiled when he saw his reflection in the mirror, and blushed slightly.

            ‘M—Maybe Ramuja would praise me sincerely today…’

            Aster walked following the stone pathway with candles trail on each side. He saw his mother was standing in the banquet, waiting for him. It had been few weeks since he saw his mother again, and she was as beautiful as ever, in a velvet dress and her wavy hair decorated with golden leaf hairpin.

            “Mom,” Aster smiled and nodded.

            “Well, you look as magnificent as always, my son. The guests are waiting for your speech,” Grand Duchess said with gentle smile on her face.

            Aster saw the guests looked stunned as always whenever he joined in, which he was admittedly, getting used to nowadays. Aster gave his charming smile and opened his mouth:

            “I would like to thank the honorable guests for coming in this year’s Autumn Banquet. This is the first time Grand Duchy Stormhill held the banquet in our capital city, Dionde. However, this is also to commemorate and announce that…”

            Aster looked around, when he saw there was no Charles, Rosalie, Earl of Riotre and few other political enemies here. He confidently continued his speech, “Hereby, I, Aster Di Arlingdon, Heir of Grand Duchy Stormhill announce that we will open Lantern Palace as the center of the governmental activity of Grand Duchy Stormhill. This palace would also be the place where we receive guests…”

            “… so as to facilitate meetings regarding political and economy development of Grand Duchy Stormhill and its partners, I will be the one who represents my house in all matters. Honorable Sir and Madame would need my recommendation to meet Grand Duke and Grand Duchess, that is all, thank you and please, enjoy the banquet.”

            There was silence, no claps, no whispers, only people who were dumbfounded. After few minutes had passed, people started clapping and whispers filled the air.

            Aster knew that people would be unsure on how to react to his announcement, because it was basically telling people that he is jumping inside the Golden Camellia Empire politics. It was a bold announcement, but he feared nothing. Because the time was ticking, and Aster was afraid that Charles would eat his duchy sooner or later.

            ‘I must protect what I have, my house, my parents and… him…’

            Aster’s golden circle dilated as he saw Ramuja, as if locking him inside his golden circle.

            ‘Ramuja…’

Announcement

Hi~ ForeverPupa here ^w^)/

Um~ Uwah~ Autumn Banquet is here!
And there will be few suitors coming to see Aster
Who are they? Let's see on the next chapter OuO
Thanks for reading!
Please leave a comment, Author loves comments! >w<

2