Autumn Banquet in Lantern Palace II
51 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            Aster strode to approach Ramuja who stood silently, dazingly stared at him when he was doing his speech, but lowered his head when their eyes met. However, before he could reach Ramuja, someone blocked his way.

            “This prince seeks audience to the new head of Grand Duchy Stormhill,” A lean man with raven hair, wearing a dark vest appeared in front of him. He had that devilishly charming smile that would swoon every woman who saw it. But to Aster, this man ruined his mood instantly.

              He glared at him before speaking condescendingly, “It seems that Second Prince Gaum Cresthold does not know the protocol of seeking audience to another house. I am not open for discussion right now, please talk to other guests. Probably a woman, because you just throw your smile to the wrong person. Please excuse me,” Aster sidestepped Gaum who came out of nowhere, but his step halted when he saw that Ramuja had disappeared.

            Aster was disappointed and he frowned. He side-eyed Gaum who was still smiling, “So, do I get your audience now?”

            Aster gritted his teeth, but there was no reason for him to reject Gaum’s advance now, “Fine, what do you want to talk about?”

            “Hm… it is a bit secretive, I would like to talk to you in a more private place,” Gaum said, still smiling, but his smile turned deeper.

            “Tch… fine then, follow me.”

            Aster and Gaum walked to the garden in the south of Lantern Palace. No one was allowed to be here, because this was Aster’s private garden. The garden was lit by plenty of lanterns hanging, so it gave a romantic atmosphere, but Aster’s heart wasn’t in the mood at all.

            ‘If only I’m here with Ramuja instead of…’ Aster glanced at Gaum whose smile seemed to be mysterious, hiding something inside. He clucked his tongue annoyedly, “So, what are you going to say?”

            Gaum smile dissipated slowly, he stared at this man in front of him. His hand trembled, and he clenched it to calm down. He couldn’t be impulsive, but he had this enormous urge to hug him, kiss him, taste everything in front of him. Because all his dreams were filled with this man, like an ethereal god who only came to his dream to tease him.

            ‘He is so mesmerizing, even when he is grumbling.’

            Gaum thought, with him going around the empire to strengthen diplomatic relations with other houses, meeting new people, including new romance or sexual partner would make him forget about this man.

            ‘But, turns out, other people, men or women, pales compared to you, Aster.’

            ‘Why would I care about stones in my hand, when I can see a stunning diamond in front of me.’

            Gaum took a deep breath, so he wouldn’t lose control. He used his persona again and smiled devilishly, “Well, first of all, I’m here to give you a gift from Kingdom Rhea.”

            “I do not accept a political gift,” Aster replied harshly.

            “Hm? Political gift?” Gaum chuckled, he opened the box that he had been holding, “This is not political gift, this is my personal gift, specifically made with the best artisan from Kingdom Rhea.”

            Aster saw two pair of earrings, one pair was shaped like a tear drop, and another was shaped like cross, and both were made with high quality sapphire material. It was indeed beautiful.

            However, what made Aster frowned was two golden pins beneath the earrings. One was familiar shape, as it was Gaum’s personal pin, but the other one shaped like lion.

            “Whose pin is that?” Aster asked.

            Gaum smiled and replied, “That is my brother’s personal pin, Gamasiel Cresthold, the King of Rhea.”

            Aster’s expression twisted when he heard that name, as he remembered that person whom he had to act like a lustful whore, just to frame him. “Why does he suddenly give me a golden pin? No, in fact, why do you two give me your golden pins? It is an extremely private pin.”

            Knowing that Aster would reply in such manner, Gaum replied lightly, “It’s for our gratitude, because with your help, my kingdom is currently stable until we can find a better resource,” Gaum then raised his right brows and laughed, “Wait, do you think both of us fell in love with you so much that we are giving our golden pin because of devoted love? Ahahaha!”

            Aster was startled and his face turned beet red. Hearing the laugh of Gaum made him even more embarrassed. He snarled, “S—Shut up! I wasn’t wrong! Golden Pin is very important, o—of course I expected uh… uhm…”

            “AHAHA!” Gaum laughing hysterically that he almost dropped the box, “Wow, turns out Young Lord of Grand Duchy Stormhill has great confidence to think that two brothers, a king and a minister, fell in love with him deeply!” Gaum snickered loudly.

            Unable to bear with the shame, Aster turned his back and said, “I—I’m leaving! I don’t see any use of this meeting if you’re just going to laugh at me!”

            Gaum stopped laughing and suddenly circled his hand around Aster’s waist and pulled him into his embrace. Gaum hugged Aster from behind. He put the box in Aster’s hand and whispered in his ear, “Well, what you are saying is not wrong about us, two brothers. Please don’t let me down, my sweet Aster.”

            Gaum smiled and kissed Aster’s cheek before turning back and left the garden. Leaving Aster astonished for a moment. He stared at the gift box in his hand and his hand felt heavy. Aster stayed in this garden for an hour until he went inside. He had no mood to meet other people, so he locked himself in his room.

            He put the box in the drawer and sat near the balcony. Aster sighed.

            “Why did he say that?” Aster said, his mind wandered about the possibility and the risk that he had to face soon.

            If what Gaum said was true, that he and his brother fell in love with him. Then they were going to show it brazenly, especially Gaum. But it wasn’t the true problem, he appreciated Gaum’s affection, somehow.

            ‘Well, I just think that he is… not annoying, even after he said it.’

            However, his feeling to Gaum and to Ramuja was different. There was a deep, crazy desire whenever he saw Ramuja. But to Gaum, he saw something funny, refreshing, that made him entertained without worry.

            However, the problem would soon come when people knew that Gaum chased him brazenly. People would try to ruin Kingdom Rhea to destabilized Aster’s connection. But the worst thing could happen when Charles knew…

            Aster shuddered whenever he remembered how crazy Charles was during his life in golden palace. Charles was truly obsessive, and his sculpted handsome face looked like a beast ready to devour anyone who dared to get close to Aster.

            ‘That monster… will destroy everything as long as he can ruin me…’

            KNOCK! KNOCK!

            Aster turned his head. His door was knocked, he waited until the guards outside told him his visitor, but no voice was ever heard. He heard the knock again and decided to open the door himself.

            Aster opened the door and peeked, then immediately tried to close the door again. But a strong arm held the door easily and opened it by force. The door was fully opened, Aster saw a tall, handsome man, with his sculpted face, smirking at him, his eyes were bloodshot. The pupil was pure black, but when he saw Aster, it turned into pure golden magically.

            In his right hand, he still held his sword with blood dropping on the tip. The two guards outside already lost their head.

            That man dropped his sword and smiled, “Darling Aster, what took you so long to open the door? I had to dirty my hand just now.”

            “I’m home, darling.”

Announcement

Hi~ ForeverPupa here!

Hehe, Gaum is so shameless eh~
But Author's friend said that he is pretty entertaining to watch, hehe >//w//<
Also, damn... Charles is here! ((゚Д゚;))

What would he do? find out on next chapter, hehe~
Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment~
and thank you for staying with Author, Author appreciates it so much T_T

PS: Next chapter on the weekend, I will be posting 3 chapters every weekend now. But I might post bonus chapters sometimes~ hehe~

2