Two Brats
50 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jain appeared in front of Aster again after Aster stopped in one of the grand duchy small mansions near the border of grand duchy region and land owned by the House of Viete. House of Viete had small land which was landlocked by his grand duchy and Duchy of Arion. 

           House of Viete was an important house twenty years ago, when Apercino Viete, the late marquis was the state treasurer with enormous wealth himself. He only had one son and achieved many things to rebuild Golden Camellia after the war between Golden Camellia and Great Kingdom Arctyr ended.

           However, he spoiled his son too much, thus when he died, Florentino was left with businesses he couldn’t expand or control. Thus, all the businesses were left dying slowly. 

However, the house still survived by the fact that the head was a high profile male prostitute. Florentino Viete was the most popular high aristocrat who sold his body to noblewomen in Golden Camellia.       

Floren was well known for his sweet lips, thus, he convinced all those noblewomen to invest in his house, so the house still survived.

‘I don’t have any objection to his practice, but it is very scandalous…’

          Aster didn’t know much about Florentino, but he always attended all social gatherings or events hosted by every house. Since his work consisted of charming those desperate old noblewomen. 

           ‘They are all filthy anyway, unlike my servant…’

           Aster sighed deeply. He tried hard to brush this heavy feeling in his heart. He touched his lips and he could still feel Charles’ lips touching his. It gave him a sense of guilt. Because he wanted to save his first kiss for… 

           Aster shook his head. ‘I can’t be distracted now. The more I get distracted, the more Ramuja’s life will be in danger. My duchy has too many enemies for him to be safe. I need to eliminate all of them first.’

But Aster still remembered that moment when Ramuja called him debauched young lord. It was so painful that Aster was about to burst in tears right in front of Ramuja. 

           ‘Maybe I really am debauched. I let him see me being completely dominated by Charles…’

           ‘Ramuja… I’m sorry.’ 

Jain saw the grieved countenance of his master and realized what his master was thinking. He knew that his master really wanted to protect that stupid slave, but he had no other way. Since Crown Prince was now dominating the whole Golden Camellia and the countries around it.

           Thus, Jain checked the scenery outside and immediately notified his master, “Young Lord, we are here.”

“Hm?” Aster frowned. He was deep in thought, mostly thinking about his servant.

“We are in Velvet Castle already,” Jain said.

Aster’s eyes darted outside, the big castle separated with a drawbridge. The castle was one of the most beautiful castles in Golden Camellia, and it wasn’t a lie. The castle stood in the center of a small lake, with its white towers and the signature velvet flag in all towers. It was to sign that House of Viete was independent and neutral in terms of political alliances after late marquis’ death. They bow down to Golden Camellia rules, but would not be affiliated politically.

Aster scoffed, “It’s all just a decoration now.”

“May this subordinate ask, why are we here, Young Lord?” 

“Florentino made a deal with my mother. Since the deal is very confidential, I am unable to get the information about it. But apparently, Viete is now under grand duchy.” Aster explained. 

“Then, what would Young Lord do here?”

“I was just tasked by my mother to overseer his activity for a day, probably because he has a habit to bring women in all ages in his uh… chamber.”

“Understood, Young Lord. This subordinate will protect you at all costs!” Jain declared suddenly. 

“Huh? What?” 

“Young Lord, this debauched Master of Viete will likely target you here, I shall protect you.”

Hearing such remark made Aster chuckle, “Don’t worry, Floren has absolutely no interest with men.”

“But Young Lord, you are not a regular man…” Jain said. He wanted to continue, but looking at his master’s grim expression, he stopped abruptly.

Aster didn’t like that remark. It reminded him of his failure to protect himself in front of Charles. But he knew that Jain didn’t mean it maliciously, thus he let it slide and said, “It is okay, I can protect myself.”

***

The carriage stopped in the main courtyard, Floren was ready in front of the main door to greet him, but surprisingly, the guard did not allow his carriage to stay right in front of the door. 

 “Why?” Aster asked.

 “Replying to Young Lord of Grand Duchy Stormhill, because there is also another important guest with his carriage coming.” 

Aster frowned. He didn’t remember any noble that has higher importance than Grand Duchy Stormhill in position unless it is….

“Is it Crown Prince?!” Aster asked anxiously.

“No, Young Lord. It is…” the guard stopped talking when a carriage with a gold lion head on top arrived with its four other carriages surrounding it.

‘Who is that?’ Aster scrunched his brows, he never saw that kind of carriage in Golden Camellia.

The guard who just talked to him greeted the main carriage with the utmost respect as the carriage’s window opened slowly. 

And at that moment, Aster’s eyes met with a pair of sharp green eyes, hawk nose, and that star-shaped birthmark on his forehead.

Their eyes met and both were surprised. They hurriedly opened their doors, ignoring other people around as they walked in face to face. Aster was obviously shorter than him, his head was only this man’s shoulder, but he was fearless as he pointed his finger to this man in front of him, “You!”

The lean man looked down at this small Young Lord and complained, “What is this? I asked Viete that I don’t want another guest when I’m here!”

 “That is what I should be saying!” Aster exclaimed, “How could a man from a foreign country request that? That is ridiculous!”

“You puny thing!” 

“What did you just call me?!” Aster raged. “You have no right to call me that? I am the heir of Grand Duchy Stormhill!”

 “And I’m King of Great Kingdom Arctyr! Now shut up, I need to talk to Viete.”

Florentino Viete saw his two guests were not on good terms with each other. He gulped and approached them slowly, “W—Welcome, esteemed guests, Young Lord of Grand Duchy Stormhil, Aster di Arlingdon. And King of Great Kingdom Arctyr, Tuskan Hessel Signe.”

“You are here. Now, tell me, why do we need his attendance?” Aster asked harshly, still pointing to Tuskan. 

“That should be my question!” Tuskan rebuked. 

Floren didn’t know when and where did these two people meet and how did they have enmity with each other. But he replied diplomatically, “Since both Sir Aster and Sir Tuskan already know each other well, I suppose you two are friends? Acquaintances?”

 “We are not!” Aster and Tuskan replied at the same time.

“W—Well, then, we should know each other better!” Floren said enthusiastically, “I will explain it later. I’m sure Sir Aster and Sir Tuskan know how to be civil, let’s discuss this inside.”

With the word ‘civil’, Aster and Tuskan stared at each other and then snorted while turning their head against each other’s side. 

Floren led his troublesome guests to the main hall and then to the dining hall. 

“It’s already dusk, so I’ve prepared dinner in advance,” Floren said. He ordered the servants to bring in the dinner feast. Aster and Tuskan sat on the opposite of each other, refusing to touch the food and glared to each other eyes.  

Uncomfortable with the atmosphere, Floren cleared his throat and said, “Please enjoy the dinner. Sir Aster and Sir Tuskan must be tired, this dinner is made by our hardworking chef, eating it would give our chef the great honour to serve two influential figures in two countries.”

Floren tried as hard as he can to persuade both sides, finally, Aster and Tuskan yielded and ate the dinner grudgingly. Floren wiped the sweat on his forehead. He pondered:

‘Why does it feel like I’m babysitting two brats, right now?’

0