Two Brats and Mademoiselle Catherine VI of Arctyr
35 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After dinner, Floren led Aster and Tuskan to his office. He sat on his chair, separated with a mahogany table, he saw two grim faces glaring at him, demanding for an explanation. Floren cleared his throat and resumed his babysitting, “Sir Aster and Sir Tuskan must have questions about this arrangement. First—”

“Wait, wait!” Tuskan interrupted, “Why did you address him first since the beginning? You should address me first, I’m the king!”

“T—Then, Sir Tuskan and Sir Aster—”

 “You will follow his rule? Are you a Camellian!?” Aster protested, “I should be addressed first! This is Golden Camellia!”

“You! What is your problem?” Tuskan scowled, “I have better importance here!”

 “What? I have the right to demand priority! I have a business to talk to here!” Aster didn’t want to lose and glared at Tuskan. 

 “Sir, please calm down…” Floren said anxiously. He started sweating again.

‘These two goddamn brats!’ Floren cursed in his heart. He thought a way to pacify the situation, but if he addressed Aster first, then Tuskan would be mad and vice versa. There was no winning in this childish tantrum. 

While Aster and Tuskan snarled at each other, Floren remembered the gift he prepared for both of them. He took the box from the drawer and presented it on the table. “Sir, please look at this.”

Instantly, Aster and Tuskan glanced at the box on the table. They stopped talking and looked at it attentively. Because they knew that this was a welcome gift for honorable guests. Usually, only important guests got a luxurious welcome gift. They didn’t care about the value of the gift, but if Floren gave it to one of them, it proved that one of them was more important in his eyes.

 “I’ve prepared a welcoming gift,” Floren said as he opened the box. 

           Aster and Tuskan saw two heart-shaped lapel pins. When the pins were separated, it became a half heart with a wing. There was a magnet that would automatically join the half heart into a full heart. 

‘What is this corny thing?’ Aster and Tuskan thought in their heart. 

“This is the winged heart pin, exclusively designed by myself. With this, I hope both honorable guests would be joined in harmony.”

Aster hated the corny design of the lapel pin and the fact that accepting this meant he and Tuskan symbolically joined as one. It was disgusting to think about. But it was really rude to reject a welcoming gift, especially if it was well-intended.

Thus, Aster grudgingly took the left part of the heart lapel pin. While Tuskan took the right one. He cursed in his heart, but Tuskan shamelessly complained, “What is this ugly thing? Do you think I would want to be one with him? Hah, Dream on!” he said while pointing at Aster.

Aster slapped Tuskan’s hand and replied harshly, “Do you think I want it too? You must be deluded!”

“Obviously! You took the pin!”

“But you took it too!”

They fought again but still pocketed the pins. Floren sighed, at least they didn’t target him anymore. 

‘This is ridiculous!’ Floren complained in his heart. 

***

Floren ordered the servants to lead Aster and Tuskan to their respective rooms. They still fought nonstop, until they entered their rooms. Aster huffed as he entered his room, Jain put all his master’s belonging to the wardrobe and desk. Jain listened to his master’s nonstop rambling while patiently arranging the room. 

“Jain, don’t you think that kid is annoying too?” 

“Young Lord, he is a year older than you…”

“That doesn’t matter!” 

“Well, Young Lord, do you want me to eliminate him now? This subordinate can try.” Jain asked calmly, knowing the answer of his master already.

“N—No! He might be annoying, but he didn’t mean harm. Well, his sister said that insulting is his way of greeting a friend, maybe he just wants to…” Aster was stunned by his reasoning and flung his shoes with a kick in the air and sat on the bed, “Whatever! I don’t want to talk about him!” 

‘That is also your way to greet a friend, Young Lord,’ Jain sighed. After he finished the arrangement, he excused himself. 

“Don’t forget to watch over me before dawn,” Aster reminded Jain. Jain already had the schedule in his notes. Young Lord heard that the garden in Velvet Castle was exceptionally beautiful, thus he already planned it in his schedule.

“Yes, Young Lord, please rest well,” Jain said as he closed the door. 

***

Aster woke up at three am groggy. He drank a glass of water before washing his face with cold water. He still dreamed about that scene, in the meadow, he didn’t care much about what Charles did to him, because he was trapped anyway. But he still remembered one moment in his head. 

He remembered the moment when Ramuja saw him with blank eyes and that stunned expression in his face, it was when he kissed Charles and indulged in it. It might be the reason why Ramuja called him debauched.

He stared at his face in the mirror, ‘Is this the face of a debauched man? The one that indulges in pleasure while the man who loved him watched grievingly?’

‘I—’

Aster held his tears and washed his face once more. He didn’t want to think much about it, at least for now. Because he was wrong in Ramuja’s eyes either way. He needed to stay focus on his priority to protect Ramuja in the end. 

Aster wore his boots and opened the door. Jain and a maid already stood in front of his door, escorting Aster to the garden. 

The garden was in the south of the castle. It was really cold outside because winter was near, but Aster didn’t feel bothered at all, “Thank you for escorting me, you guys can go.” Aster said. 

The maid excused herself, while Jain disappeared, supposedly watching over his master from afar. Aster was awed with the breathtaking view here, the garden wasn’t exactly big. But it was neat and filled with autumn flowers, like chrysanthemum and pansies. The garden directly faced the lake, the morning fog gave a mysterious feeling that made him closed his eyes in serenity. 

However, that serenity only lasted until he heard someone screamed near him, “AAAHH! A Ghost!”

Aster turned his head to the source of the voice and saw Tuskan covered his face with a fluffy white cat. The cat stared and meowed nonchalantly to Aster. 

Aster was baffled with Tuskan who actually looked scared, “Who did you call a ghost just now?!”  

Tuskan heard that familiar voice, so he peeked from the side of the cat's body and clicked his tongue. “It’s you again!” 

He put the cat down. “You are so pale, I thought you were a ghost!”

“This is literally four in the morning and you want to pick a fight with me already?!” Aster snarled. 

Tuskan replied with a glare, but he glanced at the cat who on his leg and said, “I don’t want to pick a fight with you here. Mademoiselle Catherine might be mad at me.”

“Wait, Mademoiselle Catherine? Who?” Aster asked, baffled. He saw no one else besides them here.  

“Are you blind or what? Her, of course!” Tuskan pointed at the cat. He carried the cat again and said, “This is Mademoiselle Catherine VI of Arctyr. Honored Lady from House of Fania.”

            Aster observed this cat in Tuskan’s embrace. It was a flat-nosed white cat with fluffy fur and short legs. The cat had a small crown on its head, tied to its collar.  

The cat meowed to Aster again.

“A… cat?” Aster questioned hesitantly. 

“How did you know her small name? Mademoiselle Catherine’s maiden name is Cat,” Tuskan rubbed the cat’s head and proudly exclaimed, “Mademoiselle Catherine and I have been emotionally married, we are together in thick and thin!”

“Are you for real?” Aster asked again. This is unbelievable in his eyes. A young king from the Great Kingdom Arctyr, a strong military country with many lands conquered, only second to Golden Camellia. The Great Kingdom that almost ruined his country, now the young king is… emotionally married to a cat?

“What do you mean?” Tuskan frowned, “Are you jealous because I have Mademoiselle Catherine beside me? Ha!” 

“You are joking, right?” Aster facepalmed. 

“Too bad for you, Mademoiselle Catherine didn’t want to get close to anyone except me! Even she scratched Mariette before!” he said proudly. “Don’t believe me? See this.”

Tuskan put the cat near Aster’s feet, “Good thing you are wearing boots because Mademoiselle would scratch you now!”

Aster looked down on this cat who still looked nonchalant. They were in a deep stare with each other as if they had an emotional connection. Aster laughed at himself.

‘Why are you staring at his cat? Aster, this guy is crazy!’

Surprisingly, Mademoiselle Catherine coiled her body around Aster’s boots and rubbed his boots intimately. She meowed few times while looking at Aster, asking to be picked up.

“W—Wait, Mademoiselle, that is wrong!” Tuskan said panicky. 

Aster was amused with his reaction and decided to pick up the cat. Mademoiselle Catherine snuggled and purred in Aster’s embrace. Tuskan was frightened and tried to reach the cat, but Aster stepped back. 

“Give her back! You are not worth holding her!” Tuskan said.

Aster laughed, he rubbed the cat’s head and provoked him, “I guess this means she is mine now~”

“Y—You!” 

Aster grinned while holding the cat, he skipped around the flower garden. Tuskan obviously could catch him if not because of the flowers around his feet. He didn’t want to step on them. Thus, he struggled to approach Aster.

Aster laughed as he skipped around the flowers without hurting any of them. While Tuskan followed him anxiously.

Jain was watching this scene from afar and couldn’t help but smile, “At last, he is happy.”

1