A Kiss that Changes Everything
95 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aster and Tuskan were sitting side to side on a bench in the garden. Tuskan’s cat purred in his thigh, presumably sleeping. They watched the sun rising from the east, topped with the view of the lake, this place was breathtaking. 

After last night's incident, they returned to their respective rooms, Aster couldn't sleep, neither Tuskan. Thus, they accidentally met again in this garden at three am. 

The guests were scattered around the castle, still without any clothing. They all passed out though. 

When Aster and Tuskan met again, they paced around the garden together in silence until they sat on the bench. There was a certain harmony that stopped them from fighting unnecessarily. Probably because they saw something disturbing together last night, and Tuskan had the initiative to escort Aster back to his room.

Aster and Tuskan said nothing to each other, there was just a silent understanding between them. 

‘There is something wrong about Floren and his house.’ 

However, it was not their right to interfere with Floren’s private life. He didn’t ask for help, thus, they couldn’t do anything. It was still upsetting to see Floren with that expression. The expression of a broken man. 

 “About Floren…” Aster opened the conversation, “I don’t think he wants our help.”

 “Indeed,” Tuskan nodded, “But I’m still disturbed by his condition. No, I’m disturbed by the whole House of Viete.”

“The more I observed him, the more I see someone hopeless as if he is forced to do everything here,” Tuskan stated.

“I can see that…” Aster sighed. 

Knowing that they went nowhere with their current conversation, Aster tried to switch the topic, “What are you doing here anyway?”

“Well, Floren sent me a letter, asking me to stay in his castle for two days. My actual destination is Roagelt, the capital city of Golden Camellia.”

“Roagelt?” Aster raised his brows, “What will you do there?”

“I… I will go back to Great Kingdom Arctyr with Crown Prince Charles and his troops. I will declare war in Arctyr,” Tuskan said hesitatingly, he glanced to Aster, expected a surprised face. But Aster showed bitterness instead.

“So, you are going to sell your country to Charles?”

Tuskan frowned, “What do you mean?”

“Well, declaring war in your own country means someone pushed you out from the throne forcefully and you are now seeking refuge here. You wanted to take back the country, right?” Aster deducted, “I know Charles well, you asked him for a big favor, so you must have paid a big price.”

“… How did you know?”

“Well, I read many books about history, in which, I also stumbled upon your country’s history. I can see why a coup might happen in your country.”

“But, reading books is only about theory,” Tuskan frowned.

“Well, I’m also an aristocrat directly related to the royal family, I know few things. Let me guess, your uncle is the one who supports the rebellion since the beginning, right?”

“How could you—"

Tuskan was stunned with Aster’s deduction skill, the rumor said that Aster was just a gorgeous canary in a golden cage, but no canary could read a political situation based on one sentence.        

“What you said is entirely correct…” Tuskan clenched his fist, he looked down, and his eyes contained anger, “When my useless father died five years ago, I became the Young King with my uncle acted as regent until I was twenty, the legit age of a ruler in Great Arctyr. However, I and Mariette already acted with our independence, and with our plan, we eliminated rebels and starting to gain supports from the people.”

“But my uncle wants the throne for himself, thus he declared coup d’état and usurped the throne. I was about to be executed until my loyal followers saved me and brought me and Mariette to Charles’ base. They begged us to run away to Golden Camellia for now, for our safety.”

Tuskan sighed, he patted his cat gently and said, “Charles decided to save me, and even offered me to take back the throne. But it does come with a cost…”

Tuskan stared at Aster’s deep blue and golden circle eyes. There was a reason why he didn’t want to stare at that eyes for too long. Because those eyes made his face turned hot. 

It was not only because of the unique trait, but also Aster’s way of staring at others. His eyes were deep, but it was exceptionally tender. It gave the feeling of longing, the gaze of someone who would drown you into a fantasy.

That was the reason why Tuskan was hostile to this man. Because he thought Aster was just an empty shell of a gorgeous man. But the more he knew about this man, the more he realized that Aster was more capable than he looked.

Tuskan felt, the more he stared at Aster’s eyes, the more he felt weak. 

‘No, Tuskan! You have an important task! Focus!’

 “Why are you dazed?” Aster asked. 

Tuskan realized that his and Aster’s thigh was touching. 

“Y—You, make a gap!” Tuskan said hastily. He put his cat right in the middle of them and shifted his butt farther from Aster. 

Aster rolled his eyes, this guy could be ridiculous sometimes. He sighed and took some distance. 

“So, what is the cost?” Aster asked impatiently.

Tuskan hesitated, but knowing how Aster didn’t know about the arrangement in Clearwater Academy, it seemed that Aster and Charles didn’t have good relations. Tuskan finally gave in with a sigh, “…he asked my cooperation to usurp the throne from his father when the time comes.”

“What?” Aster’s eyes widened. “Why did he need to usurp the throne? He is the only crown prince, unchallenged.”

“Well, he said Emperor Audric IV plans to give the throne to someone else when he retires.”

“Who is that person?” Aster started panicking. He was already handful with Charles, if there was another power lurking silently, he doubted his duchy could survive. 

“He didn’t tell me, but he said it’s a woman.”

“A woman emperor?”

“Yes…” Tuskan hummed, “Well, the most important thing for me right now is to secure my country again. I don’t want it to crumble at this point.”

“Crumble? I see no news about your country crumbling.”

“Because the news was intentionally hidden by my uncle. However, the people hated him because he was oppressive and corrupt. I need to strike while the people were dissatisfied and rioting against him. I need... to save my country”

Aster saw a pure-hearted man in front of him, he must be around thirteen when he was coronated as a king. He and his twin sister fought against everyone together and he bears the title of king rightfully. 

‘If only I can be as brave as him…’

“How long have you been here?” Aster asked.

“A year.”

“I see, that is the best time indeed,” Aster smiled, “Well, I know you’re a good person. At least, that’s what I think. Although you can be harsh and condescending sometimes…”

“Well, you are not bad either…” Tuskan said. He lowered his gaze, unable to stare at Aster’s eyes any longer.

“I cannot help much, but…” Aster looked around his surrounding to see that certain flower. But it was autumn, and that flower didn’t bloom at this time. He saw a purple autumn aster flower, he plucked it and said, “Tuskan, look at me.”

Tuskan raised his head and saw Aster put a purple flower to his lips, and then his face gradually drew closer. Tuskan was stunned, but when he saw Aster’s eyes, he couldn’t move his body, he felt that he was absorbed into a deep abyss.

Aster kissed Tuskan.

Their lips were not touching, because of the flower between them. Aster smiled happily and said, “This is a flower kiss, a tradition in Golden Camellia, we usually do this to close friend. W—Well, we’re not a close friend, but I admire your strength and dedication.”

Aster smiled sheepishly, “I hope we can be a close friend once everything is settled in your country, okay?”

Tuskan was still petrified by the kiss. He was unmoving, unblinking, and the flower was still in his mouth.

‘My first kiss… he took my first kiss…’ 

“Tuskan?” Aster called Tuskan who was unresponsive.

‘According to Great Arctyr custom… the king’s first kiss is the queen’s right…’

‘Does this mean I have to marry... him?’ 

“Tuskan? Hey, Tuskan!” Aster tapped Tuskan’s shoulder. 

Tuskan finally regained his consciousness and blushed instantly. He jumped from the bench and pointed at Aster, his body trembling, “Y—You! You must take responsibility!”

“What?” Aster was shocked by the sudden change in this guy. He was very passive after a while, then he suddenly became a crazy guy once more.

Tuskan took his cat who was still sleeping on the bench. He looked at Aster’s face once more before running away.

‘He will pay!’ Tuskan said in his heart, while he tried to calm his heart. 

Announcement

Hi! ForeverPupa here ^w^)/

Since last week was full of grieving, this week, we have a bit of refreshment from Aster and Tuskan~
What do you think about them? OwO
Is Tuskan the actual second male lead?!

Also, i'm sorry for late update, but here's 4 chapters! Hehe~
If you guys are eager or impatient for new chapter, please visit my Webnovel, I post it there with schedule! My Author name and my novel title is the same as this one~

Thanks for reading everyone! Have a nice day!

2