Chapter 87. Laying Low
1.1k 11 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After I was done, I took a small rock and threw it at the flying drone, smashing it to the ground. The camera attached to it struggled as it faced up to me, I could hear the motors inside straining. I smirked at it, as I walked over, pausing just in front of it. “Hey old-timer. It’s Alexis’ decision, and until she says otherwise, she’s mine. Not something to be pawned off. So keep up with your petty schemes, so I can crush every hope you have of getting her back.” With one last evil smile, I crunched the drone beneath the heel of my shoe.

 

Letting out a small sigh, I walked over to the end of the roof, and took a step off. I quickly gained speed as gravity dragged me down, but another burst of air cradled my body, slowing my descent. I patted the Spirit of the Breeze, before giving her a small side-hug as thanks, and walked back over to where I left Blair. I was instantly blind sighted by her tiny tackle, knocking me off my feet.

 

I let out a cough of my sternum being smashed in, but wrapped my arms around the very source. “I wasn’t too long, was I?” Blair giggled, nodding her head into my sternum. “Yes. You need to make it up to me.” I scoffed at her, and was about to explain how little I would ‘need’ to make up, but a sudden message on my PDA ringed for my attention. Blair sat on my lap and stared at my PDA as I opened my messages. It was Jayden, except not. It was Jayden’s messenger, but Alexis texting me through it. ‘Hey, this is Alexis. My dad took my PDA, and locked me and my friends in my room for a while. We’re all fine, please tell me you aren’t taking things out of hand.’

 

“Well that’s good.” I muttered with a sigh, not wanting the entirety of Blair’s day being forced to help Alexis. ‘I don’t want to sound like a dick, but it is Blair’s day, and the whole point of this was for each to have her turn… Wow, that makes me sound like an ass.’ I shook away the thought, and typed back that we Blair and I were fine now, and thinking about laying low for the day as it was the week of Midterms, no classes were being held for the first portion. ‘I had a feeling you would say that. Even after that little announcement you made over the entire school. Laying low isn’t something you can do.’

 

Blair giggled at the message, making me frown at her, wondering what was so funny. “She’s right. You attract attention wherever you go. That’s okay with me though.” I rolled my eyes at her, unhappy with the way she and Alexis saw me. ‘It’s not my fault others care so much about my business.’ I scratched my head, and took out a piece of gum to help sooth my nerves, the irritation of thinking about gossip surrounding me ruining my mood. “Let’s just prove her wrong, and fade off in our room.”

Blair perked up at my idea, making me flick her forehead lightly to keep her hopes reasonable. “Just to rest, you little…” I grumbled, not even knowing what else to call her other than a minx while ruffling her hat over her head. Blair giggled, taking my hand off of her head, and pulling me to the dorms. Walking near the edge of the school grounds, where few others traversed, helped get us to the Slifer Dorms without getting any attention.

 

As I was being dragged by Blair, my PDA began to ring, showing the call was from Jayden. I answered it, placing it against my ear as we made it up the steps. “Yea?” I asked, wondering if it were Jayden or Alexis. “Hey! How’s it going!?” My ear immediately rang with tinnitus at Mindy’s loud voice, and I immediately hung up while massaging my ear, heading inside my room. My PDA rang again, and I answered it again, this time placing it on speaker, Blair immediately removing her hat, and flicking her long black hair around. 

 

“You gonna blow out another ear drum?” I asked with a sigh, Blair stifling a giggle. “No, Mindy’s in time out right now.” Jasmine said, slightly far from the mic, making me think we were also on speaker. “Good, is there anything you need me for?” Silence hung in the air for a moment, before finally Mindy spoke, perhaps the ban of her speaking being lifted. “Alexis is away for a bit, and I wanted to know how you were doing?” I hummed in distrust, squinting my eyes. “Feeling better now that I’m almost guaranteed a spot in Obelisk now. Even Crowler would have trouble keeping me out.”

 

“Awesome! Okay, so you can tell me… How far have you gone with-” I hung up before she could finish her question, not bothering to answer the only reason she had called, for gossip. Blair then snatched my PDA, and tossed it up on her unused top bunk, smirking at me with demanding attention. I rolled my eyes, knowing this was inevitable. “Alright, I’m at your disposal.” Blair jumped a bit, clapping her hands with a small cheer. “Yes! I’ve been waiting for those words…” Her last mumblings made me slightly uneasy, but I didn’t fight her bringing me to my bed.

 

However, to my shock, she laid down gaming mats for each of us, letting us play the card game without the Duel Disks. “You wanna Duel?” I asked, unsure what she was planning. Blair nodded, a hint of trickery in her eye. “Yup! I wanna play strip Dueling!” ‘There it is…’ I thought with a singular nod, knowing this was Blair alright. “You know there are easier ways to get me naked?” I asked, still a bit confused at what she was planning. 

 

Blair giggled, her face turning a bit red as she shuffled her deck. “I know. I just want your help in practicing, but also still want some fun~” I leaned back, resting my body against my hand, studying her glittering eyes, now filled with innocence. “Uh-Huh… Alright, it’s your day.” I shrugged, taking up my first hand of the day as Blair discussed the rules. “Every 2000 life points lost you have to remove a piece of clothing. We keep starting new Duels until the first person naked loses.” I nodded at her, glancing at her clothes, the exact same as mine, jeans, shirt, and jacket. “This’ll be easy.” I smirked, snarkily determining my victory over her.

 

“How… Did that happen…?” I murmured, leaning up from my sheets, Blair panting beside me, out of breath from her exertion. ‘I lost focus. Little cheating, maniacal, pixie…’ I shook away my grumbling, already having made her pay from her little tricks. She lost the first two matches on purpose, just to use herself as a distraction to me. She stifled a haggard laugh, and took my hand, placing it on her head. I began instinctively caressing her hair as she leaned closer against me, taking a contented sigh. “It was cute to see you trying so hard to stay focused.”

 

I immediately frowned, pinching her plush cheek. “Don’t call me cute.” She snickered as soon as I stopped pulling her cheek. “Fine~” I took another sigh at this tiny mastermind. ‘My tiny mastermind.’ I thought with a smirk, despite her young age, her thoughts and actions, well planned out, more so than most adults I knew in my past. I held her tighter, flashes of her hidden insecurities came through my mind. “Blair…” I muttered, but paused with embarrassment and hesitation. “Hm?” She hummed with interest, glancing up at me, her cute large upturned eyes forcing a smile to my lips.

 

“I’m sorry.” She tilted her head in confusion, silently wondering what I was suddenly apologizing about. “I had been worrying you over if I wanted to stay with you, without even realizing it.” Her large eyes shook, her hands gripped tighter on our bedsheets, slight unease filling her gaze. I quickly cupped my hand under her chin, and oriented her head perfectly to quickly take her lips before she could speak. After a few seconds of enjoyment, I pulled away to keep talking. “So I just wanna say, in no uncertain terms. You are also mine, just as I am yours. I more than enjoy your company. You are not a child, you are my girlfriend and partner.”

 

Blair’s expression laid frozen as we both stared into each other, until finally Blair’s lips trembled, creating a massive smile that reached around her whole face. “I love you too~” She whispered, before squealing in glee, and tackling herself into me, wrenching a tight hug around my neck. “What? No, I don’t think those words came out of my mouth.” I backpedaled, but it was no use, Blair’s excitement overruling reality. “It’s okay, I know you’re too embarrassed to say it out loud, but I understood!” “Wait! Blair! You should really get some-” I tried to stop her, not wanting her to be as hurt as last time, but gave up, shaking my head as she already arose just as much excitement in me just as she had in herself. “Screw it, don’t say I didn’t warn you…”

32