Chapter 44
11.4k 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A little while ago in the CryRoad Castle

 

“Is that true!?”

 

The guard captain rushed to this room as soon as he heard the report from the castle’s mage.

 

“There is no mistake! The search magic located the magic item that was stolen from the castle few days ago”

 

A real time map spanning the entirety of the country was displayed in the crystal the magician was holding, and inside this map a green point could be seen moving.

 

“Where is the location?”

 

“It is moving to the east from the castle. Seeing it’s speed it must be moving by a carriage or something”

 

“Currently, they are on the Houtarou town’s route, but that’s as long as they don’t change their way. Alright, we will pursue them this instant! Request the reinforcement from the order of knights! We must capture the bandits and retrieve the treasure!”

 

The guard captain was responsible for the security around the castle’s treasury, during the incident night. Thus, the success of the banditry, is his biggest shame and failure as a guard. Hence, he can’t face yet another failure or he will lose all the remaining face, and maybe even lead to him losing his job.

 

“We must avenge them for our failure! There can be no mistake this time, this is our last straw!!”

 

...At present: houtarou town Miscellaneous store, Yugo

 

“Everyone inside the store stop moving!”

 

The guard captain shouted as soon as he entered the store while looking and scanning the surrounding.

 

“Yes yes, I won’t move nya. So what is your business here nya?”

 

Uliminus showed her usual fake smile, but with a lot more power than usual, while sitting leisurely on the counter chair and asked the guard captain in a friendly manner.

 

“You the owner of this store I will have to ask for your cooperation. Workers line up over there!. Until the suspicion is cleared, every customer must remain and be investigated”

 

The guard captain shouted several orders to the people in the store, the people in the store complied with the command, four random customers followed through despite being confused at the sudden turn of event.

 

“Now, mrs Owner. Confess on your crime, if you do so without resistance, we won’t have to dirty our hands. Where is the treasure you stole from the castle?”

 

The guard captain ordered Uliminus to confess of her crimes in an overbearing manner, insinuating their belief that she is the true criminal

 

The guards surrounding Uliminus, took an attacking stance, ready to strike at any given moment.

 

“Guard captain, isn’t this a bit too rude? Without even verifying whether we have the so called treasure from the castle, you came to a conclusion that we are the criminal!?”

 

Varissa angrily argued against their current treatment as a criminal, while having her arms crossed.

 

“Our, magician from the castle have already confirmed that the treasure is at this shop, through highly powerful search magic! There is no evidence greater than this!”

 

The guard captain shouted in confidence as he banged on the table. Against this, Varissa were angered to the point she was ready to jump on him at any moment.

 

“Calm down, both of you, stop being so emotional”

 

Out of nowhere, Furio appeared giving off a nonchalant feeling.

 

“Na!? You! How in the world did you enter here!?”

 

Around the shop and Uliminus, 3 line of knights in their formation surrounding these two, existed. The defence were so tight, not even a cat would be able to pass through.

 

Thus against Furio who went against all the odds, appearing inside this tightly protected area, the Guard captain and the knights were greatly confused.

 

“Well, that’s not important right now, let’s talk about what actually matters”

 

Furio caughed lightly and went on about his logical retort against the treatment of his friends.

 

“According to this country’s law, the right to capture the criminal while on search by a Magician, in other words, to judge the opponent to be a criminal, is done after the stolen item is found, is that right, mister captain? That is to say, before you find what you are looking for, it is actually against the law to suddenly judge or treat the suspect as a criminal? ”

 

The guard captain’s mouth gaped open at the sudden bombarsion of the logical rationale to not treat Uliminus as a criminal, and stood dumbfounded at his position.

 

“Captain, he is right about that, first thing we must do is actually confirm and verify the actual location of the item.”

 

Magician who tagged along to this search, supported the currently immobile captain in effort to not delay the search any further

 

“Tha, that is true, yes. I understand, I shall apologize for treating you as a criminal out of nowhere. However, it is the duty of the citizens of this country to not resist the search by the magician when, you are under suspicion, therefore you should have no problem with us searching this area right?

 

Guard Captain, came back to his senses and told Furio in a matter of fact tone.

 

“Of course, we will cooperate to our best extent”

 

Furio answered with a business like smile.

 

...at the same time in a slightly far away building from the store

 

The gold and silver fox sisters were giggling as they watched the event unfold, against the odds of the people who humiliate them last time.

 

The two’s anger never resided and were still holding a grudge against Uliminus and people around her, after being beaten to pulp and getting their precious magic item be destroyed by these people.

 

Despite, their immense anger, they weren’t blinded to the point of confronting them face to face once more, that’s why they came up with a devious plan.

 

The two knew the former king took more than they asked for, and had kept some of the item to himself.

 

Thus, they bought the item from him, then placed it secretly inside the supply cart of the Yugo store. Of course, until successful endeavor of placing it inside the supply cart, they didn’t unseal the item from the treasure box with concealment magic.

 

Since the item is registered as a stolen item, and the fact that it was a stolen item from the castle, the magicians were on constant desperate search for the whereabout of these items.

 

If they mix it with the Yugo’s supplies, than castle guards will surely investigate where it went, and will end up with the Yugo store.

 

If that were to happen, everyone working in the store, would be arrested and escorted to the castle, where they will be executed without a trial.

 

But of course, with an abnormal being like Gozaru being part of the group, they would easily escape the capture, but will be hunted for their entirety of their lives, forcing them to live in misery.

 

“Those guys are finished kon”

 

“It’s a punishment for humiliating us kokon”

 

*Kusu Kusu*

 

“Soon, the Flame shield ‘they stole’ from the castle will be found kon”

 

“To be arrested or fight back...both results are the end for them kokon”

 

“Guard captain! There! The reaction is coming from that wall!”

 

“I see! It’s over there right?!”

 

The guard captain looked at the direction the magician pointed at but to only find a flame sword hanging as a decoration, not the shield they were in pursuit for.

 

“....ha? A sword?”

 

The guard captain looked at the sword and magician back to back, ready to cry at any moment.

 

..at a certain road…

 

“...Sir Blonde Haired Hero, I’ve never asked but...”

 

“What is it? I will answer this as an exception”

 

“Umm, What is your, sir’s name? I feel like it’s weird to keep on calling you the “blonde haired hero” and..”

 

“...Everyone in the castle were calling me with that...so there shouldn’t be any problem”

 

“But, it would be nice for me to be able to call you by your real name and….”

 

“...I don’t feel like talking right now, the conversation ends here”

 

The Blonde haired hero shut down the conversation forcefully and looked back feeling irrittated. The blonde haired hero return back to his mute self, and continued walking while carrying Allure on his back

3