Prolog – girl walking in the snow
6.6k 11 138
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was cold, bitter cold, cold enough that she felt like her nose was freezing of. Curling together half asleep, she fully expected to find herself underneath her favorite blanket. 

Nothing.

She opened her eyes and looked into a beautiful sunset lying on her side curled together underneth her a snow covered hill. Looking upwards, she saw a clear bright blue sky with brilliant orange hues coloring it. ONe of these days where it was cold but sunny at the same time.

 Where am I ? 

She looked around and all she could see was snow, endless untocuhed expanses of white. She stood up on wobbly legs and promptly fell back down, feeling weak. She shook her head and tried again, looking at her arms and sticking in a deep breath. 

Her skin was ashen, her bones stood out starkly, her nails torn. Closer to a corpse than a human. Letting herself drop, she took a good look at herself. She was nothing more than skin and bones. She could literally see her kneecaps and bones underneath her skin. Her feet were bare, and her clothes in pieces. She touched her head and only found a short dirty stubble on it.

This is not home, not me.

She noticed. But where. She tried to understand what had just happened when she felt woozy. Holy, she couldn't concentrate. Trying to order her thoughts, just what had happened before.

Her lungs acted up, she hit the emergency button, the nurses rushing in. Nurses, it had been Maddy and Olivia, they screamed at each other, angry and full of anger, she tried to ask for help. Olivia noticed and did something, bowing down and telling her something garbled up as the doctor rushed in and then there was only pain. Burning on an on the pain in her lungs unbearable.

She crawled up and stumbled forward. Her throat felt tender and her stomach was so empty she didn't even feel the hunger anymore. She stumbled towards the sunset and fell back on the floor. This now was nothing, it was nothing she had lived through worse in her attacks. 

She stood up again and continued walking, wherever she was there had to be people somewhere. Somewhere, thinking was something she could do later, for now she had to walk. She walked on and on, doing nothing but continuing to walk. She had to walk, she could not stop walking, once she stopped she would give up, she knew herself, so she couldn't stop. 

Her feet hurt, her lungs hurt, it was cold, and the night was closing in and would be even colder than that. She fell forward, stumbling and slowly breathed in and out, feeling weak. 

Don't stop. 

A voice inside her head said, and she stood up only to stumble and fall again. Her head hit something, a bitter metallic taste in her mouth. She looked forward and tried to move, but nothing moved. 

Her sight went blurry, shadows started dancing in front of her eyes and little pieces of color appeared in the distance. 

 

138