Chapter 8 – The mist comes closer
3k 4 107
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

Riki suspected her now. Damn, just how stupid could one be, lucky she had enough brain cells left to hide the Ice.

Telling the truth is always best, and they are good people, just how stupid, the world was not place this nice. Talking about hospital wisdom, more about real life stupidity.
Letting him leave, she snuggled into her bed and stared at her glowing hand. This Chakra, it could be her doom or not, but for now learning how to use it was vital. Nothing worse than an unused Ability, do what you can, one step at a time, no need to hurry.
For now, she had to figure out the Information she had. Taijutsu focused on martial arts, completely useless to her right about now. She had the physical strength of a mouse, and that was not about to change any time soon.

That left Ninjutsu, using an element, since she could use Ice. Water was also a thing, freezing and other phenomenons like mist needed water,  basic science. It seemed, for now, the only reachable thing.

Concentrating on her hand, she tried to draw together the water particles in the air and then freeze it. Or at least that was the Idea, because it failed, and she only managed a single drop of water that floated in her hand. Panting, she eyed it, better than nothing as a first try.
But still not very helpful right now.

Better if you go sleeping now, it has been an exhausting day and who knows when you see a comfy sleeping place next.

With a ball of worries in her stomach, she tried to fall asleep by simply thinking about something else. If she could at least see her cousin again, her favorite gaming Buddy. Except her parents, Anuk was the only family member that visited her whenever she had time.

I miss them, all of them.

She curled together and sobbed into the pillow. Crying wouldn't help her, she was death back home, but still she missed it.

Sleep came, eventually, but not for long when someone grabbed her shoulder and shook her awake. "Gene come on." She heard Yui and rubbing her eyes she looked at her. "We need to leave, now."

"Now?"

"Yes, these Kiri Shinobi are getting reinforcements, and we cannot stay." She said and picked her up.

"But then they will know who we are." She mumbled, still half asleep.

"Better than having to face a dozen Kiri Shinobi by ourselves. They already suspect us. We can outrun them, but not fight them.", She answered, and on her way out she saw Riki and Hiro. Riki eyed her with suspicion before they left the house. Hiro placed a few coins on the table.

Faster than before they started their run. The landscape was flying by this time. Gene held on tight to Yui who carried her as she heard a whistling sound from the right and suddenly Hiro cursing.
"They have us, hurry." He sprinted ahead and picked up even more speed.

Gene didn't even try to guess for how long they had already run when Hiro cursed a second time and looked back.
"What is it, are they gaining?" Riki asked.
"No, we are fast enough, but I can sense another batch of Shinobi ahead." He said, "I cannot tell who or how many, but they are fighting."

"Sometimes I envy you your abilities as a sensory Shinobi are as good as a Hyuga.", Yui answered dryly, "can we avoid them and stay unnoticed?"

"Only with a detour that is less than good." He answered.

"How bad is it?", Riki asked.

"Bad as in trick surface currents bad.", He answered them, and had both spit out curses.

"Never again.", Yui hissed, "better to face the entire Uchiha Clan Police on a bad day. No offense Riki."

"None taken, I agree with you, we almost went belly up the last time." He looked at Hiro.

"Any other way?" Hiro seemed to concentrate on something, slowing down a bit.

"Nothing." Hiro said, "There are only so many ways to safety set over from here to The Land of Fire. Not even an Uchiha elite has the Chakra reserves to run the entire way by himself."

And if they switch places when running, and how do you run over what seems to be the sea?

"Ehm sorry." Gene interrupted them hesitatingly, "I might have an idea." She said, and earned curious looks from the others.

"So, if I understood correctly, we need to pass over a long distance of water, right?"

"Yeah, and while we can run quite a distance on water, at some point we would be out of Chakra.", Riki said and eyed her with cold dark eyes.

"Why don't we switch, I mean three of us sit down on a piece of wood and rest and the fourth pulls us over the water surface? When the pulling one is exhausted, a rested one takes over while the other recovers, and that goes on until we reach land." She explained, and the other looked at her as if they had seen a ghost.

"Why haven't I thought about it myself? We do that, they won't expect it coming and we stay ahead." Hiro said with excitement.

107