Chapter 12 – Who are you?
2.9k 2 103
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The night was pure torture, but she was happy that the boy underneath her was slowly warming up and his heartbeat picked up in strength. Relieved by the fact she forced herself to stay awake and not to move away. 

It was in the middle of the night when the snowfall started slowing down and after a while the clouds were carried away by the winds, and she saw a clear bright crescent moon surrounded by glittering stars. Despite the desperate situation, she couldn't help but be amazed, it was beautiful. Never had she seen a sky this clear and filled with so many stars.

 I wonder if Anuk has seen something like this during her work when she had been sent somewhere. She always said that the only thing everyone could always regardless of language and culture talk about was the sky, and weather. 

Not able to move away her gaze, she continued staring into the night sky counting the milliard of stars as the moon slowly wandered over the horizon and the sun started to rise, the stars vanishing. The sky shifted from a deep black blue to a clear gray and finally to a deep orange red that illuminated it, not a single cloud in sight but still bitterly cold. 

Ripping her gaze from the sky, she looked at the boy and directly into a pair of deep black eyes observing her. They were so dark that she could hardly believe they were real. 

"Hello.", she said, and waited for a reaction.

"Good Morning.", he answered after a bit, and she felt movement underneath her. 

"Sorry if it's uncomfortable. It was the only way available to warm you up.", she said and remained still, "It's still cold, we should wait till the sun is further up, and it's a little warmer. You can have a few layers of my clothes then, yours are torn."

"Thank you saving me.", he said and stilled underneath her, "I am Shisui." he introduced himself, and she recognized the name. It had been the Name of the one Riki said was his family and he went to save with the others. 

"Genevieve.", she answered, not knowing what she was supposed to say afterwards, even though she wanted to continue. She wanted to ask what happened with the others, if he had met them at all and if they were still there and many more questions but shut her mouth. 

"We should get up.", he said, "it's not safe here." 

"You are right." she tried to move, but her body refused to cooperate, "Wait." trying harder again, this time using Chakra, pain rushed through her body and she hissed.

Underneath her Shisui waited as she shook her head, "I can't move.", she said downcast. 

"It's fine I do it.", He rose up, and she cursed as her body protest to the movement and the feeling of his hands helping her. He stopped with her sitting on his lap, covered by the coat and a few other layers of clothing. "You...", he opened his mouth and shut it wordlessly as he saw her rips underneath her skin, her painful thinness and numerous fresh bruises.

"It's fine it just hurts a bit.", She saw something oh so very familiar in his eyes that had her shake her head, she couldn't stomach that anymore. "Don't pity me. Please. Just don't. ", she smiled awkwardly from her request, and he seemed to notice. Pity was something people always gave her, back in the hospital, now, it had become uncomfortable and exhausting being pities so much she started to hate it. 

"I-I will try not to pity you. The sight is just ... startling.", he answered and looked down at himself, "I don't look much better." He joked and he was right. There was dried blood on him, small and big cuts as well as bruises underneath all that quite a few already healed scars were visible that told of a story filled with blood.

"Guess so.", she truly felt awkward, it was strange they were both half naked, beaten up and in a bad state, "We have to dig ourselves a little out.", she pointed at the snow and again tried to force Chakra through her body, but it didn't work instead everything just hurt even more than before. 

"Stop it, Chakra won't help anymore, not at this point.", he interrupted her, "You overused it from how it looks, and need time to recover especially since your body is ...well... weak and still recovering from the exhaustion. As an aspiring Shinobi, you should be aware of that."

"Oh. Thank you, and not every person using Chakra is an aspiring Shinobi, or at least I don't believe I am. I don't really want to be one.", she answered, there was no way she wanted to so many dead ever again, and found herself engulfed in her coat as Shisui stood up and slipped into his still somewhat wet trousers.

"You are uncertain, then. Where are you planning on heading. I take you, it's the least I can do."

"Konoha, the hidden leaf.", she thought of the pocked in wich she had hidden the book in that Yui gave her, "I have something to do there." 

"Alright, you can come with me, I head there as well."

"I know. If you haven't lied to me. You are Shisui Uchiha and a relative of Riki Uchiha.", she answered. His eyes widened, and his eyes narrowed at her. 

"How do you know?", he asked.

"Because I know him. When you look in there I can prove it.", she nodded at the pocket in wich the Badge was that Yui had given her. 

He bowed down and took out the badge with the red, white fan on it. He clutched it and closed his eyes before looking at her expressionlessly. "Who are you?"

"Genevieve, Genevieve Bernaude called Gene a little child picked up in the land of waters by Riki Uchiha and his team Yui and Hiro, I don't know their last names. Born in Europe, Paris, capital of France, year 2097. " 

That probably won't tell you anything, but I can't tell you who this girl, I was before that. I don't know myself.

 

103