Chapter 16 – The cautious and the decision
2.7k 4 101
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

No, it cannot be.

Anuk and I were supposed to be the only ones compatible.

"Gene, hold on tight, we are making a run for it before they can ask us anything." Shisui whispered into her ear before glancing back at the Konoha Shinobi with his usual eyes and jumping into the forest

"We don't have to worry. They will handle the fires that remain." he explained while jumping into a tree and dashing forward.

" I know..." She looked back and shook her head, thinking about the possibility of others. Others with the same eyes as hers was useless with only a guy feeling.

"Shisui what are we going to do now?", She asked him. They were known now, and she was not certain they could still get food at the village without revealing themselves.

"We do with what we planned. We disguise as orphans and enter the town." He said. "Nobody will look at us closer and if we tweak a henge we will manage. Well, I tweak a henge. As for you, have you lost your mind! No Chakra, your body is enough of a wreck already! Didn't the stunt earlier hurt?" he got louder and louder with each of his words. 

She looked at her arms and shrug her shoulders. It hurt alright, but not enough for her to actually make an issue out of it.

A chemo therapy and the aftermath of several operations done in vicinity to her lungs hurt worse. What truly hurt was when you were lying there in a bed and staring at the roof while every breath felt like breathing nails, and you couldn't even scream in pain, all while being fed some liquid directly into your body.

That hurt.

It hurt in more than one way. 

"Nothing I cannot manage.", She answered and earned a doubting the kind of look reserved for the alien from his side.

"I am really starting to wonder what kind of life you have had up until now. Really." He said and stopped, put her down on a tree branch and went to his knees right in front of her.

"On one hand, you are calmer than most Shinobi and handle emergency situations with the care and patience of an old battle tired Warrior that has nothing to lose." He tilted his head. "On the other you seem to lack knowledge, even basic one, in using Chakra or in life. Your eyes are clear, so not a madman. You cannot stomach the death and are damn Naive. I mean, you have no guarantee if I will keep my promise. Hey, you even agreed to do what you did before I really promised."

He is not wrong. But she made her choice in full knowledge of that and taking the risk.

"If that mistake costs me, I can only blame my own stupidity. Just...no more death when I can help it."

"God, you and your pain threshold are in a league of your own." Shisui picked her up again and turned left before stopping on a small but well laid street. "From here on we walk.", he said, and started walking as a normal person would while making a hand sign. His hair suddenly went from deep black and curly to straight and light brown, his stature shrunk a bit and his clothes went from black torn Shinobi clothes to a simple farmers' son clothes. 

"Say why are we disgusting ourselves anyway, I mean these Shinobi are from Konoha no they won't attack you?" she asked him, and he let out a deep breath. 

"That's a long story. Anyway, I don't want them to know who I am. That aside, this is the border zone between the fire and water country, you cannot be careful enough."

"Understood."

Shisui holding her in his arms entered the town that still carried the smell of burned down wood, but had extinguished the fires by large part. At the entrance they saw the devastation of the fires and large ice towers reach to the sky. 

I did this. 

Gene gulped at the sight of her work, for all its purposes this was now her power, her ability and even if she did not feel right in having a power this tremendous.

"Say, Shisui?", she whispered at the sight, "Can you teach me?"

"Teach you what?"

"How to control Chakra properly, how to be a Shinobi." 

"Yes, I shouldn't teach you, but I can teach you."

"Then teach me. Please." 

101