Chapter 21 – Shisui – A madman
2.3k 0 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

No! 

Damn it!

Shisui picked up Gene and turned. How had they found them, or were they simply that unfortunate? 

He could feel Gene pumping Chakra into her hand next to him. Had she turned stupid? That was the action of a moron. Her channels and chakra had barely recovered, her control was beyond terrible. It barely existed. 

Biting his lips, he had his Henge Justu drop and jumped, grabbing Tsukiko, the other kid taking her with him. He'd be damned if he couldn't save at least the other child. Turning around in air he saw it again. 

Green. Ominously shining green. 

It was the same strange sheen of light in those eyes that Gene sometimes had. If you didn't pay attention it was easy to miss, but for a Shinobi it was a striking difference. An arrow shot out of the thick smoke and someone bit his hand. 

"What?" He looked at two black eyes and shivered, again, was there suddenly an outbreak of people with those freaking shiny eyes? 

And why had he been bitten by a girl for the second time this week. 

"Let me down." Tsukiko said with extreme calmness for the situation. "Let me down, you moron of a third rate Ninja wannabe!" She screamed at him after he didn't let her go immediately. Her tone was autorative and reminded him of his command officer, when he was angry. 

"From this height?" He asked politely and pointed down while landing on a tree branch. 

"If it won't kill me, now!" 

He looked at the burning carriage and say how a well pointed arrow shot out right from the flames. It went directly to the green-eyed Shinobi, who made no effort to dodge it despite seeing it hit home right into the shoulder. A bit lower and his heart would have been hit. 

Aoki shot out right from the flames while the others evacuated. Since his cover already had dropped. He put down Gene and Tsukiko while storming forward to help. Being in no com combat state his chances were slim but it was better than doing nothing. 

[Great Fireball.] 

He let the fire erupt into his opponents' direction. They, seeing it avoided in the blink of an eye, and he found himself under a barricade of Kunai and Shuriken. 

Avoiding them by turning in the air, he activated his Sharingan. He might not like it too much, but he had to use it. His sight got clearer, the colors intensified. Everything seemed to slow down just enough for him to avoid it and move. 

Slightly out of breath his feed landed on the snow, and he did another turn to avoid the incoming Kunai. 

"Stop!" A clear voice shouted, and he looked upwards to where he left the two girls. "Emeraude, what the hell are you doing?" 

The people in front of him stopped standing still as statues. 

"I just want back what is mine.", The green-eyed leader said and from how childish his voice was Shisui could guess he was only slightly older than ten, if anything. 

"And what is that?" Tsukiko asked, and immediately the green-eyed boy pointed right at Aoki. "Him." 

"Him." Tsukiko seemed to fight for her calmness. "You can't own people." 

"I can. I own him. He is mine." The boy clarified. 

Shisui felt entirely like in the wrong place by their actions and conversation. Then it dawned to him. "You killed hundreds of people..."

"And?", The green-eyed shrug his shoulders. "I never cared for human life, a few hundred more on my hands is nothing. Blame the ones that hired me, they were very particular on how things were to be done. I prefer other ways, but alas I am a mercenary my employers wishes are law. Look up in your Bingo book if you don't believe it. I worked for Konoha too, sometimes, well for the one who collects eyes like yours."

Shisui was silent, he couldn't believe what he just heard. It was incomprehensible, a few lives more? Just that? Someone like that working for the leaf? Someone collected Sharingan? 

"I cannot believe that." He stated. 

"Better believe it.", Aoki said, closing his eyes and raising his hands in surrender. "He is never lying." Aoki tore out a Kunai from one of the tree trunks. "Let them all go and don't touch them again. Ever." He said pressuring the knife at his neck. 

"Mhhh, I see no reason why not." 

"Promise." 

"Couldn't I simply force you?" 

"No not with someone who may actually pose a challenge." 

"The Uchiha boy. Maybe, someday but not now." 

"That is enough of a reason for you." Aoki turned towards us and smiled at them. "Take my bow, little Gene. I don't think I will need it." 

"Ao..." She wanted to say something but in the span of a view seconds they were gone. 

The only thing ever announcing what had happened was the devastation left behind. No one was dead, no one seriously injured, and it bordered to a miracle. Only Aoki was gone and together with him the man clothed in black. 

79