III Chapter 34 – Hazy memories
364 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The silence was pressing on them with force. When suddenly a shout was hearable. "Hey, you make a way." A youngish boy's voice shouted. 

Gene turned only to see a young Shinobi kick am elderly beggar. She flinched at that and gashed her teeth. Shisui held her shoulder. 

"Don't." He said as the old man got kicked further and further. "Interfere." 

Gene stayed where she was, not interfering like he said but her gaze growing colder and colder, like the air around her as she subconsciously exuded the cold. 
This was not right. 

"Madame, we have to head back now." Shisui said, and Gene gashed her teeth at his words. "We have to hand in a report to our Captain, this...." he said nothing as a pair of Kiri Shinobi walked past the scene as if it was an everyday occurrence. 

".....is wrong." Gene hissed. 

The caste system in Kiri was always harsh but never this bad, not like this, if the former Mizukage would see what his successor did he would turn over in his grave. 

Granny gave Gene a last hug, and Gene squeezed her back, slipping a purse into her pocket. "Take care granny." she said as they left, and the granny waved at them with a warm expression.

[Water Style: Vanishing]

Heading back to Tsukiko and Itachi following their chakra signatures, they arrived rather quickly where they needed to be, slipping via window into their rooms. Tsukiko had waited for them, a chess board in front of her and her staring at it while Itachi tried to find a move to impend his checkmate in a few draws that was already showing itself. 

Gene made them visible again. 

"What did you find out, if it is similarly interesting as what I did, then we will have a fun few days here." Tsukiko said and watched shakig her head as Itachi made his draw and then made a few hand signs that Gene recognized as a barrier jutsu that was designated to keep all sounds inside.

"If you mean something as curious as the Mizukage being a doll, a puppet?" Itachi asked and stared at Tsukiko who check mated him. 

"Indeed." Tsukiko said, and Genes thoughts shot back to the....

The mizukages eyes...the eery emptiness, that off feeling....I did I miss it and he...

Her thoughts shot back to the other Shinobi whom she had seen in the streets today. 

....is not the only one influenced by whatever that is. 

"He is not the only one." Gene said and looked at Tsukiko. "And the situation in Kiri is beyond bad....it's terrible." 

Shisui nodded. "Indeed, a kilo of flour for 20 ryo." he said. "Orphans, slums and discrimination run rampant, and apparently people with blue eyes have been taken off the streets."

"Blue again." Tsukiko leaned back, her long black hair handing down the chair lean, "If I didn't know better than someone high up has something against you Gene or seriously dislikes the color blue." 

"Gene...." Itachi said and looked at her. "...you remember no, does anyone come to your mind?" he asked and Gene nodded. 

" There is someone who comes to my mind, although it is hazy, how did you know?"

"Your aura, it changed." he said and Gene smiled, Itachi had always been perceptive, he often noticed detail that even escaped Tsukiko and her. 

"I...." Gene stopped, even with her memory back she felt strange saying it out loud, thinking it out loud, making it real again, touchable. Shisui picked her up, and suddenly she sat on a chair in a warm hug, something loosening inside her as she leaned back against him. "... I do remember. My name is, was, I am unsure, Fuyune, Fuyune Yuki. I was born in the main branch of the Yuki, the only child of the clan leader and his civilian wife, who oddly enough was born with great chakra but not allowed to be a Shinobi due to her origins. I grew up quite happily and then the war started, my father went off to war, and didn't return, as we lost him, we lost our strongest Shinobi. Our Kekkei Genkai and the fact we were known to be cursed never made us much liked, so the Yuki decided to leave Kirigakure and to vanish, we wanted to leave." 

She could remember as the clan elders and the few remaining Shinobi, none of them particularly skilled, decided so. 

"Kirigakure couldn't tolerate that, so before they lost us, they decided it was better to destroy us. I recon there are others around somewhere, after all a few of us had already left before the Village found us out. Those that could, fought, those that couldn't ... ran that day. I was the only Ice style user left in the Clan, my mother was no Shinobi, but my father had taught her a bit on the side, she took me, and she hid me away then she went off....to fight. She had a temper, she wouldn't have gone down any other way than fighting." 

She looked at the others. 

"And thus the Yuki were destroyed and those that survived vanished. Although ... we never understood how they found us out or why they were so keen on killing every last one of us. But there was one person....one that disliked us .... he had greyish black hair, and he was old, very old, I don't remember much more. He and my father often met...my father feared him, as if that old man was someone important. He always disliked me and my mother...to be more accurate, I'd say he hated us....." 

17