III Chapter 35 – Records of the past
346 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gene stared at the sky through her window, knowing, now that she was here, Shisui was keeping an eye out alongside the Samurai. She tossed around and rose up, sitting in her bed with the feeling she should do something about the situation. 

Hunting blue eyes people, the destruction of the Yuki.....damn, and then there is that text from a fellow person from my world, maybe I should have left Kiri alone and never set a foot into this godforsaken place.

She took out a storage Seal and took one of the records from it. Looking at the thick book in her hands, she signed. 

If I cannot sleep I might as well do something useful, although my memories returned I still feel as if things were missing. 

She opened it and her eyes widened as she read first thing there. 

Dear Diary. 

What the heck are the chances. 

She took out a few other books and looked through them and then inspected the storage seal...trying to remember where the stuff had been standing she had stuffed in that one....

In the back, that stuff was in the very back, should be the last I collected....a diary, what the heck is a diary doing in the archives. 

She opened it again and read the first lines again. 

Dear Diary, 

today was a funny day, I met a few friends I believe so at least, their names, well they didn't tell me, but that is fine. It is wartime we might one day be enemies, although I hope differently. We skipped stones over the water, the oldest one won this time we promised to play again. 

That was the end of the entrance, Gene skimmed through the pages, they read itself like a record, names after names of fallen Shinobi, tactical moves, but also stuff about food and other more trivial stuff. 

Dear Diary, 

I think I fell in love today, he is supposed to be my fiancée, he and I am to strengthen the relationship between the land of Waters and the Shinobi. He has a strange accent and I introduced him to my two friends. They seem to know each other, funny, no. Apparently all three of them are bigshots, hehe, diary you know what it feels so strange I am no good as a Shinobi, I cannot even use my own jutsus that well, but I seem to know a lot of big shots. 

The further she read, the more it felt like reading the musings of a teenage girl. She was not a Strong Shinobi, the highest mission she did was C rank, and she was apparently stuck as a low ranking Chuunin, something she only achieved due to her linage as well. She lost a lot of comrades in the war and loved her finance. It was a strange, sometimes depressing, sometimes happy read until the last entry. 

Dear Diary, 

I finally figured out the names of my two friends, we are now all grown up the four of us, it seems they are legends on the battlefield. I knew they killed, I knew it and still knowing how many of my people they killed I feel so strange.  Feeling guilty almost like a traitor knowing that they are my friends. My sweetheart said that it is fine, war and friendship can be different things, I don't feel so, but who am I to judge. I should know better I killed their people as well after all, and they seem to be fine with it.
Although lately it seems they all start to treat each other colder than ever knowing each other's names....
Sometimes I think they fear each other, especially my sweethearts Dojutsu. I know I probably shouldn't put their names in here, but I want to, so damn the rules. At least someone should remember them, remember them as people not only as cold blooded Shinobi. 
Madara Uchiha, Harashima Senju, Phillipe Yuki.

Dear diary, I know a lot of big shots and yet the war continues and all I can do is pray that one day it may be over. 

Gene felt her hands tremble. Harashima Senju and Madara Uchiha, she hadn't even know there was a third Shinobi that could be named along such legends not to say even a fourth Shinobi, from the land of waters no less. 

Phillipe, he was the one on the stone tablet, he was one of .... us, and he knew Madara and Harashima....Dojutsu, Dojutsu, wait a moment, Genjutsu does not work on us. In any way or matter as a fact meaning that Phillipe was immune against Madaras Sharingan as well, and since he was Yuki, and it was wartimes, the higher ups must have known about his immunity. Mine would not have gone by unnoticed by them either. 

"Shisui!" Gene shouted and got out of bed. 

If the higher ups in Kiri know about Philippe, then maybe the reason they searched for blue-eyed people and were so keen on destroying the Yuki was to eradicate the possibility that others could have possessed a natural immunity against Genjutsu, especially if they believed it to be part of the Yuki bloodline or a mutation in the Kekkei Genkai. 

"Shisui! I know why they are after blue-eyed people, get Tsukiko." She said, excitedly storming over. "I hit a jackpot." 

"You did?" He asked, surprised, and Gene handed him the Diary with the last page open while heading off to next door, opening the door and sucking in a deep breath. 

"Shit." 

That is a bit to early for our stunt. 

13