III Chapter 38 – Pulling the Stunt, step two (II)
333 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With Ao in tow, under Itachis sharp surveillance, Gene put them underneath the Vanishing and Ao hissed staring at her with undisguised fear as the Chakra layer creating the illusion of invisibility covered their bodies. 

"You feel fine with this Uchihas, her Chakra could rip you apart." He said looking at them who were completely used to be under the layer of Chakra Gene pumped out in a constant stream.

"It won't." Itachi said, as he carried him along. "We trust her, and it i actually very comfortable knowing no one can see you." 

"Then you are making a great mistake." He spit out as Itachi simply shrugged his shoulders. 

"And you better be quiet." He said and smiled at the captured Shinobi. "Gene has proved herself over and over, and for all that matters, she is one of us. A Konoha Shinobi. If you ask me also a member of the Uchiha, she might not carry our last name, but she is family." 

His words carried a weight that had Gene grin like a fool. It was the first time that Itachi so openly defended her, the quiet boy usually being an epitome himself, as he rarely spoke up, but rather did his duty, quietly, menacingly and with the precision of a sharpened knife ready to strike. 

"Thanks Itachi." Gene said, turning around and looked at Ao. "And now you better look and watch. We will need your testimony." she pointed at Ao almost feeling back to whom she had been before she set a foot back into this godforsaken village. Dashing forward, they followed their tracking seals and stopped in front of what looked like a spooky, rusty and left to be forgotten storage building. 

"Tsukiko is in there." Itachi said. "Kakashi will have a fit if he figures out she got herself captured intentionally." with a sign. 

"Well, then we just won't tell him." Gene argued against it, as Shisui quietly noted. "You do know he will read the report." 

All of them looked at him and signed, indeed he would, and he would for better or worse also start going on a rampage once he read that one. 

"....Shisui, want to do my paperwork?" she asked him. "...just for that one mission?"

"Not a chance in hell, do you have any Idea the amounts waiting for me?" he grumbled. "This will be hell." 

"You do know that I am the next clan head." Itachi threw in, neither of them keen on what would wait for them once back in Konoha. 

"I believe this is not the moments to worry about paperwork." Their Captive said, and the three of them looked at him with a blank gaze. 

"You..." Gene pointed at him. "...do not know the administrative horror our Kage can unleash on us once he figures out what we pulled. In any case, guys I notice nothing out of the unusual, you?" 

Both of them shook their heads as Shisui activated his Sharingan. 

"I will go knock out the guards." He said and vanished from the branch next to them. With pure Habit, Gene kept track of him with her chakra as she kept the Vanishing in effect. 

"And he is all mine." She muttered adoringly watching Shisui with a slightly dreamy look in her eyes as he moved among the Kiri Shinobi like a mirage, a ghost that knocked them all out. Ao who was next to them shuddered at the sight. This was beyond Jonin level, this was merely monstrous, close to a Kages strength and the frightening ease with how the present took it merely told him that there was far more to the Uchiha Shinobi than that level. 

"We can go." Itachi ripped Gene out of her dreaminess and jumped downwards, with a sign she followed him and unlike him who moved with small body flickers moved along small patches of ice that formed underneath her feet jumping from one to the next until she landed next to Shisui. 

"Let us go." he said and leaded ahead with Itachi in the back, Gene and Ao still on a long rope he was bound with in the middle. 

"Five man ahead." Itachi muttered. "Jonin level from the Chakra strength." 

Gene nodded and took out her bow as Shisui went to his knees, giving her the space she needed. Her eyes started glowing as the colors returned to her in perfect night vision, and she could see even the smallest difference in shadows, as they changed the color of their surroundings pinpointing their enemies position. In complete silence she let loose the first arrow, the second closely followed by a third, seeing a Kunai flying in their direction she shot a fourth. It hit the Kunais seal perfectly, ripping it off making it useless as the chakra inside the arrow making the smoke explosion useless. With a turn of his body Shisui captured the Kunai turned and threw it back where it came from in a single fluent movement before vanishing from sight. 

With Itachi still holding Ao captive, Gene waited her hands to ready to freeze the floor in case of need, covered in whitish blue chakra. 

Shortly later a small whistle as uttered and Itachi nodded a Gene who followed the faint noise and found Shisui behind the next corner waiting for them around him a few knocked out Shinobi. 

He flashed his Chakra in a silent message. 

Everything clear. 

Gene nodded as they again proceeded, not a single sound could be heard until now as they descended deeper and deeper down the empty hall. On a pipe they saw a piece of black fabric flutter and Shisui stopped at seeing the horrifyingly bad embroidery on it. 

"Is that one of her mother's hand embroidered Kimonos she is wearing?" Itachi asked and Shiusi nodded. 

"We will be lucky if there is a single person left breathing once we arrive there." 

"She will leave someone to ask questions....." Shisui said, but his voice was not very convinced. 

"...I hope." 

15