III Chapter 39 – Pulling the stunt, step three
340 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Delving deeper into darkness all of them having some kind of way to see almost perfectly in the dark, moving in utter silence they orientated themselves by hand signs. Since none of them and any intention of getting into a fight, they either knocked out the Shinobi guarding before they noticed their approach, or Gene froze them into ice coffins on the spot.

Itachi who kept an eye on Ao quietly made a way and pulled out seal after seal from his storage. He truly was prepared for everything, once they reached a door he went up and quietly cracked it before Gene opened it and Shisui made a body flicker inside to take on whatever was coming their way. 

There was an empty room behind it, empty at first glance at least. Gene smiled, someone was copying her technique, but they were not quite as good. Covering her hand in Chakra, she took a deep breath and hit the thin film of chakra that mirrored the wall, leaving out the important parts. As the illusion broke apart, she saw a black shadow push forward and an audible clank echoing through the room as Shisui blocked whatever was coming their way. 

She felt her eyes widen as she saw the Orange Mask again, and then ducked away as she felt a slash follow above her. She looked left and saw the Mizukage was the one who had attacked her, his movements making it more obvious than ever that he was acting like a puppet, a marionette. 

She blocked him and drew her Kunai. 

I so suck at close combat.

"Don't think, Gene, once you start thinking you are a dead woman." she heard Tsukiko speak in her head and dashed forward. Trusting her body to know better, she shut down her mind and moved. 
For the first time, she understood what Tsukiko meant when she told her to just move. Her body took over like a machine, all the movements she had practiced were used like an automaton. Blocking, attacking, feint, retreat.

Repeat, she blocked the sword as she felt the blows grow heavier and heavier on her Kunai. She drew another one and went to attack. Using her chakra, she froze whatever the tip of her Kunai touched. Drawing small lines of ice on wherever her attacks connected.
Noticing how the blade ripped through the clothing of her opponent, she attacked even fiercer and more unrelenting. 

With nimble movements she avoided strikes and countered, she noticed barely how her opponent's Kunai flew towards her and retreated, deflecting it. Slightly out of breath and somewhat giddy, she stared at her opponent, who seemed a lot more serious than she was. A faint smile sneaked on her face, this was fun. She attacked again, the pupped moving with only slight discrepancy, He was not Kage for nothing. Determined not to let it slip, she ducked and kicked upwards with her foot kicking right into the Mizukages stomach, her chakra freezing the area she hit solidly. 

He flew upwards and made a small sound that sounded for the first time like coming from a human, for the first time she had the feeling of looking at a human, not a puppet. 

She moved her fingers. 

[Ice Style: Human Popsicle]

The Mizukage froze over and even though she knew it would not hold him back, the seconds it bought her were valuable as gold in surveying the entire situation. 

Holy God. 

Shisui was entangled into a silent battle with the Orange masked man, they moved so fast that even she could barely follow the twirls in air as they attacked each other. She knew she probably missed a lot since she could not see the Genjutsus they were certainly throwing at each other, but it was impressive enough. 

Their captive Ao watched the entire happenings with Itachi next to him keeping guard with wide eyes, she could literally feel how deeply the sight disturbed him. 

Bang. 

Echoed through the hall, it affected no one. 

Bang. 

Another now it raised attention, but not enough to actually warrant any worries. Gene avoided another strike, this time he got her hair as she cursed in not jet having seen Tsukiko, who according to the seals could not be too far away. 

Bang. 

This time, Shisui let out a loud curse as he jumped backwards. The noise making Gene look to the side, and like him narrowly escape death by retreat. 

What the....are you serious, just how the heavens.

Gene turned around to look where that had some form, and saw a huffing Tsukiko with a gag in her mouth, her hair wildly standing into all directions and her hands and feet bound together. 

12