III Chapter 41 – Victory and Loss
325 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Ice style: Blizzard]

A giant storm erupted and covered all and everything it touched into ice. She grinned when she saw the coat of their enemy freeze to. Shisui, Itachi and Tsukiko stood down to avoid any friendly fire. 

The coat was discarded, and the man flickered himself out of reach. 

"He cannot have gotten too far." Shisui muttered and vanished from plain sight, shortly later the destruction and the mayhem was hearable. "Well, by now the entire Village is awake." Tsukiko muttered faintly and swayed on her feet before braching herself against a wall. 

"No doubts there." 

The sounds of battle echoed through the village. Gene jumped upwards to the rooftop and focused on the ongoing battle. Now that the coat was gone a typical Shinobi garp was visible, she gashed her teeth, that man did not have the right to wear stuff like this in her eyes. She readied her bow and took once again to aim, the speed they were moving at making aiming difficult but not impossible. 
Her breathing calmed down, her chakra circulating calmly, her bowstring drawn, her field of vision narrowed. The more focused she got the clearer she could follow them, something tickled down her cheek, but her vision was clearer than ever. 

Letting loose an arrow, she hissed a small yes as it hit home, and a grunt echoed through the silence of the ongoing battle. A vicious glance was thrown into her direction, and she stared back, feeling calmer than ever. She noticed she was crying, but she did not know why as she kept the gaze, and accepted the silent challenge that only lasted for a split second before the Shinobi pulled the I am getting the hell out here, moves and with success leaving even Shisui in the dust. Which was speaking volumes about his ability. "Gene!" someone shouted from downwards and Itachi stood there with a Tsukiko who was breathing harshly, leaning against a broken wall. Jumping downwards she landed and nodded at him as she helped Tsukiko whose Chakra was completely depleted, it was a miracle she was still conscious in fact. 

"This is the second time." Tsukiko muttered next to them and sounded despite being weakened somewhat wondrous. "This guy escaped me, no one has managed that before, and he ruined my Kimono."  

"Tsukiko, this might be the wrong moment to admire our enemy, or lament your clothes, he left us a mess to deal with." Itachi said, and Tsukiko started laughing like a madman. 

"Quite so, Gene, you are the only one with a shred of diplomatic in this team. I don't think I am able to deal with anything until tomorrow it is taking a lot to stay conscious, this out of chakra state is bothersome." Tsukiko swayed again and sank against the wall until she sat down. 

"Aye Commander." Gene answered and turned to Ao. "Assuming you desire an explanation." she smiled, the chakra drain not affecting her slightest, if she was to be honest she felt better now than before with a bit lesser chakra then earlier, like some pressure being gone.

"Not desire, demand." The Mizukage unconscious in his arm, he glowered at her, and she shrug her shoulders. 

"Then I'd say get all the major clan leaders here, and we have a talk over cookies and tea, you would like some cookies Itach...." Shisui suddenly wiped her cheeks with a handkerchief. 

"Shisui what are you doing..." Gene protested as he wiped her cheeks again. 

"Getting rid of the bloody tears and I want a Medic to look at it later, although it does not look dangerous from my evaluation." He said and wiped her cheek softly again. "Bloody tears are not the best sign for a dojutsu user, you might have overdone it." 

"I am fine, this is also not the moment for it, I see just well." 

"Hush I am your future vice-head, who else is supposed to take care of you when you forget that you are human too." he shuued her and Gene pouted but let him fuss over her. "Hey, Ao cookies and tea, I want something sweet." she said. "From Grannies bakery, and she may charge you all the fortune she wants." 

"You have little rights to make..."he started and earned an eye roll from Gene. 

"Stubborn fool, you just noticed your Kage has been controlled probably over years, your economy is in shambles, you lost a major power when my clan was destroyed, making you now also military wise weaker." she huffed when Shisui inspected her fingers, after he was finished wiping her cheeks. "Not even the seven swordsman of the mist can make that up, wait it is six now one ran on you, as did your other Jinchuuriki." she said and Shisui gave his okay with a nod at her before making his way to Tsukiko.

Ao was silent, but she could feel him sheeting. 

"Now I am still in possession of enough Chakra to blast this village into sweet oblivision and considering what you did to my people, to my Clan and my Family I see no problem in doing so." 

Ao went very still and Gene shrugged her shoulders. 

"You saw that justu just now, I am not even exhausted by it, a normal Shinobi would have collapsed from how much Chakra is necessary to use it. I am no longer a mere inexperienced brat. Granted in terms of experience I cannot hold a candle to my Teammates or even you." she stepped forward until she was glaring at him. She was smaller than him, did not even reach his chest, but it did nothing to diminish the effect. "You harmed my people once. If I could have my will, I would simply rip you all into very small shreds and reduce you to mincemeat, so small that you will truly become bloody mist." he voices were low and vicious. "But I am not stupid." she smiled sweetly, the smile nothing more than an upturning of her lips, and suppressed the hatred welling up inside her, she would really need to let off some stream and some of that anger with it once they were out of Kiri. "All Clan Heads at once, I have no intention of repeating myself, and that pronto, we meet at the meeting room and that in one hour ...do...you...understand." 

Ao nodded, his expression a tad paler than before. 

"Good. Itachi, Shisui if you are fine accompany him, we do not want any surprises no?" She said, and Itachi touched her shoulder. 

"I am enough, have Shisui take Tsukiko he is the field medic, and she is out for now." he said and Gene looked at him seeing his confidence, knowing if he said he could do it then he would do so.

"Fine then." 

"Thanks, then Ao-dono. I'd say we make our way to together for gathering everyone necessary, we have a tight schedule." Itachi clapped his hands making his version of Tsukiko on a roll. "No time to waste, no?"

14