IV Chapter 25 – Questions upon Questions
349 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was little Gene would be stopped by but the Hokages words, although her fingers still itching she deferred to his words. She would not dig deeper into the issue and let Kakashi do his thing, he was one she knew she could trust. For now, she needed to speak Seiyu and bring her original investigation to a conclusion, and then it was time to squeeze Kakashi. 

One step after another, one step after another Genevieve, no hurrying, better to do things slowly and properly than to do them sloppily. 

Stepping forward, she felt a bit weird as she looked through the stuff she knew so far. "Itachi, next we go inquire about this issue through Tsukikos Minions, they may have picked up on something. Even if it may be unimportant there is little they do not pick up upon, having no information about this issue at all is hard to imagine." 

"Gene." She saw Shisui taking her arm. "I need to speak with you." He said and she shook her head. 

"Later.... I am pretty sure it is about Seiyu...but later." she muttered, and he stilled. "I am saying this as your clan head, not as Gene. First we need to know why someone would target one of us before we start doubting our own people...Seiyu if nothing is one of us, it was clear that one day we would have to face something of the sorts at some point." 

"I will listen to you then but .... we will have a talk about this today once you come home and I will not hold back my opinion." His words were hard and she nodded. 

"I want nothing else. If I wanted a yes-man, then I would never have taken you as my vice head, I wouldn't want to lead a clan of Sheep, we are Shinobi." She looked at him. "Voice your opinion all you want.... I'd just request do so when in private, especially if they are about things that are not for everyone's ears." 

"Alright." Shisui nodded and stepped back, but she knew from his expression and his way that he was most definitely not okay with this. He was angry, and she got it, but right now it was not the time. 

"Seiyu, we will speak after I have come back, I will go make an inquiry about the mission I am on right now, and then we speak, until then listen to Shisui, he will take care of everything okay." she said, and he nodded at her. 

"Yes." he obeyed without question. Gene wanted to walk, but something felt wrong. Tsking she went back to Shisui and drew him down. He followed without resistance. "I know this is bothering you, but please...I can only do so because I know I can trust you above everyone else." she muttered and then went after Itachi who was already waiting for her. 

"You know this will not solve it." he said, and she shook her head. 

"I know, but right now I need focus, If I go into this in my current mood it would do no good." She whispered. "I would only be angry, agitated.....that needs a clear head." 

"Alright." leaving behind the mess Gene took a deep breath of air and forced herself under control. It was not the time for anything else right now, instead this needed a clear-cut mind. Itachi was next to her, gave her a supportive pat on the back of her back before going ahead. Tsukikos Minions were already waiting for them, she knew that they had most likely expecting them ever since they had been given the mission to investigate the kidnapping. With a bow of their heads they invited the two of them in and soon Gene was stepping into Tsukikos small world. After the underground had been found and the secret chambers had been investigated during the Danzo case it had become Tsukikos small Kingdom. 

To be completely honest Gene had never been inside it, despite knowing it existed, Tsukikos office and the turning point for all her informants and messengers, a giant hub of information. "We prepared everything you may need over there." One of the people said and pointed to a well lid office table. "But I would prefer to give you a short overview about the ongoings first."

"Alright, go ahead then." 

"As Miss Hatakes friend you have full access to our information network, so we will immediately share whatever we find. According to what we have outsourced until now the Shinobi in question have entered as Traders. The Traders themselves have been well known to the Village, thus not as thoroughly investigated as usual, so we digged into the records this is not the first time something happened after their entering, but they have been very subtle and careful, so we have no solid proof." She handed them a few portraits from the table. "These are the Man in question." 

"This is quite expansive." Itachi whistled. "How did you find out stuff like this? I know as a fact even the Hokage office has trouble gathering this much detail on such a minuscule issue." 

"Well most of our informants are not Shinobi, to be sincere we only have maybe half a dozen Shinobi in our ranks, the rest is commoners. Vendors, street children, operas, normal guards, traders, prostitutes, barkeepers, take your pick. Whenever they find something interesting they contact us over certain stations where we gather that information and if we find it useful we will give them a little reward. Untraceable, relatively safe since no Shinobi ever questions the actions of commoners and very, very useful." 

"Whatever information comes in gets sorted and organized according to approximate importance." Itachi muttered looking at the shelves that stretched over the entire room. "It must have taken years to get such an expansive network." 

"Indeed the Miss has been constantly expanding it over the years and since the Hokage office is also looking upon it favorably we have had preciously little trouble expanding." The woman said. "Back to the topic, other than that, we have already compiled a list of people who might take an interest in either Miss Hinata Hyuga and Miss Sora Yuki." She handed them a list. "But concerning Miss Sora we only have one person to seriously consider." 

"Whom."

"Orochimaru, we have known his peculiarities, but he has been silent.....and dangerously low-key ever since the one time when he tried to become the Hokage during Minatos selection. So much we had trouble finding him, he nearly vanished but the likelihood of him being the person responsible for the human experiments is high, actually except Tsunade Senju he is the only one we could find outside those people"

"You mean the For...."

Suddenly, a hand was placed over her mouth.

"You do not mention them....we are good, but they are better, and they have their network carefully constructed over the entire last century you never know who reports to them and who not and while we have an amicable relationship we won't overdo it will we." 

Gene and Itachi looked at each other, wordlessly. 

11