IV Chapter 26 – The things that are not spoken about
283 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gene nodded, and the woman in front of her visibly relaxed. She handed them a few papers before hushing away and leaving them to their own devices and their information. 

"Tsukiko knows how to do it." Itachi noted silently. "She really knows when someone sneezes wrong in Konoha." 

"That is for sure, but honestly I sometimes don't know just how comfortable or not comfortable I should feel about this" Gene said and put down a piece of paper. "This is interesting." 

"In how far?" 

"It's a money transaction, or rather several ones." Gene said. "All from the account of the clinic, over a spread out time and the reasoning behind it do not make much sense in comparison to the money. Here see these meds, I know as a matter of fact if I buy them in a store on central plaza I get them cheaper." 

"That is right, it is just a Ryo or two, but accumulated in those masses." 

"That is a mighty lot of money, since I am currently also handling purchases for the clan I have a pretty good view on how much this stuff costs in bulk orders, Tsunade is one hell of a spender but when I bought this last week it was five Ryo by piece, in a bulk order it is 3 Ryo by piece but these here are eight Ryo by piece in bulk order. Five Ryo is not much, but in those dimensions?" Gene left the rest unsaid, but there was no need to say more, and Itachi nodded. 

"Then let us give that a closer look, but I suggest doing so tomorrow. You need to speak with Seiyu and Shisui, urgently, and it has been a long day. If this is really connected to our case it will get probably get messy, if not we are just having a case of fraud, both cases it won't run away."Itachi told her and grinned, his entire face litting up. "That being said, I still want to make it to my date." 

"Alright, you do have a point." Gene admitted and sighned. "When will you invite your dear little better half to dinner at my place, mhhh....?" 

"Preferably never, but you should really do something about yourself and Shisui." he pointed out. "Everyone, and I mean everyone, is in the knowledge there is something between you, and that being said, either one of you needs to do something about it. It is starting to bother me."

"You are plenty fine with it." Gene stated and earned a look of infinite skepticism that told her all she needed to know. "Alright, I don't know what I should do, I like him, really do, but hey I don't know anything about going out with someone. That aside Shisui is my vice head, if that goes wrong there is more than just ourselves at stake." 

"So your excuse is lack of knowledge." Itachi said and started laughing, "Oh god, and here I worried my cousin is in love one-sided." 

"What....?" Gene seemed genuinely spooked. "Well we established we like each other a long time ago but....honestly Shisui I have no idea what I should do. And I believe he wants to wait until I am a grandmother until doing anything about it, just because he is older."

Itachi stilled. "That I do get, I mean you are older than your age in some ways, but on the other side he is almost ten years your senior." 

"See." she complained and shrugged her shoulders in helplessness "Even I get his hesitation, so I don't know what I should do, for now I know that I will deal with Seiyu and the Kidnapping issue and transform the culprit into a fricking popsicle and then slowly feed him in pieces to Emeraudes carnivorous fishes." 

"I do agree on that now come." Stretching Itachi jumped on his feet and the two left Tsukikos information center and bat cave. On their way home, Itachi made a small stop at a sweets store and a few flowers from the Yamanaka store, where he earned plenty of suggestive winks as he paraded the wildflower bouquet through the store before placing it alongside the sweets in his storage seals. 

"you are romantic." Gene concluded and he gave her another one of his looks, the one that made his enemies run into the opposite direction as they parted ways. 

Maybe I should get some flowers for Shisui too.

Gene briefly thought and shook it off. Right now she should not be thinking about Shisui but rather about how to deal with the issues at hand.

For those interested, I put up a small short story about Tsukikos past in the capital. It will have about 5 or 6 chapters once fully finalized and is called Obisdian Blade.

9